Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Religions & God - Same or Different?
07-04-2009, 08:04 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2009 08:25 PM by PatPar.)
Religions & God - Same or Different?
I have always been Christian, but, I have been studying many religions for quite a while wondering about the reasons there were so many different religions, why they were all different, etc. I finally came to this conclusion:

All religion has been the same everywhere as all men have souls and most sense the existence of God. Unfortunately, lack of good spoken language, lack of written language, and lack of the time and effort of many dedicated people studying God has left religion incomplete in most cases. In addition in many of those cases the religion was created to worship a person gifted by the Divine Spirit and following the practices they established instead of actually worshiping the Divine Spirit. Jesus the Christ corrected all of that for us. Christianity is the best religion for many "actual reasons" such as a code of behavior (Commandments) conducive to both minimizing social problems and helping to further your spiritual development. Christianity includes the practice of monasticism which is commonly found in other major religions - a shaman is basically a hermit if you think about it - and most versions other than Protestantism include meditative prayer and fasting.

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/discipleschrist/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2009, 12:46 AM
RE: Religions & God - Same or Different?
(07-04-2009 08:04 PM)PatPar Wrote:  All religion has been the same everywhere as all men have souls and most sense the existence of God.

You made three assertions in that sentence:

1. All religion has been the same everywhere
2. All men have souls
3. Most sense the existence of God

Until you can back up those assertions with something resembling facts, there really is nowhere this discussion can go – at least from the non-believing standpoint.

---------------
Not selling anything.
07-17-2009, 07:53 PM
(07-06-2009 12:46 AM)MerryAtheist Wrote:  
(07-04-2009 08:04 PM)PatPar Wrote:  All religion has been the same everywhere as all men have souls and most sense the existence of God.

You made three assertions in that sentence:

1. All religion has been the same everywhere
2. All men have souls
3. Most sense the existence of God

Until you can back up those assertions with something resembling facts, there really is nowhere this discussion can go – at least from the non-believing standpoint.

1. All religion has been the same everywhere. ARCHETYPE its messenger.
2. All men with hearts and minds, except atheists have souls...
3. Most human beings sense the existence of a God, a higher power, a creator alchemist or simply desire money and life experience at any cost...

Angel

NATURE cannot be HIDDEN only VEILeD with NARRATIVES that defy NATURE

CodeX4 and the Reconciliation of Science and Religion
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/about/
07-17-2009, 08:34 PM
Raphael, you can't prove assertions by making more assertions.

I'm still waiting for PatPar to back-up the assertions made in the OP.

---------------
Not selling anything.
07-17-2009, 08:53 PM
(07-17-2009 08:34 PM)MerryAtheist Wrote:  Raphael, you can't prove assertions by making more assertions.

I'm still waiting for PatPar to back-up the assertions made in the OP.

No problem you feel like being a bully.
Some atheists must be empty inside?
...finding a need to belittle/dissect his first sentence the way you did?

or maybe you just don't get it?
which is it?

07-19-2009, 05:47 PM
"All religion has been the same everywhere as all men have souls and most sense the existence of God. "

- I really don't think that all religion is the same. There are so many different takes - for example shown on the fairly recent bbc program around the world in 80 faiths, including voodoo and other such bizarre religious practices

"Unfortunately, lack of good spoken language, lack of written language, and lack of the time and effort of many dedicated people studying God has left religion incomplete in most cases."

- Potentially very insulting to religions. What do you mean?

"In addition in many of those cases the religion was created to worship a person gifted by the Divine Spirit and following the practices they established instead of actually worshiping the Divine Spirit. Jesus the Christ corrected all of that for us."

- I agree that what Jesus taught was to worship God and God alone. However with all the Jesus is God and Mary is the mother of God beliefs in Christianity it makes me wonder if really we are straying away from what Jesus actually taught us. Jesus taught us the Our Father - to pray to God and God alone. How many times do christians pray to Jesus instead?

"Christianity is the best religion for many "actual reasons" such as a code of behavior (Commandments) conducive to both minimizing social problems and helping to further your spiritual development."

- I think you will find that all the mainstream religions guide a good and peaceful way of life. The atheists amongst us will also tell you that you don't need to believe in God to be a good person.

"Christianity includes the practice of monasticism which is commonly found in other major religions "

- Well sometimes I wonder with all this trinity 3 in 1 and 1 in 3. I've not come across a single person who has given me a really decent explanation for this. Is God trying to confuse us?

"a shaman is basically a hermit if you think about it - and most versions other than Protestantism include meditative prayer and fasting."
[/quote]

- May I also remind you that Jesus fasted.
07-20-2009, 07:45 AM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2009 07:50 AM by Raphael.)
(07-19-2009 05:47 PM)rag41 Wrote:  - Well sometimes I wonder with all this trinity 3 in 1 and 1 in 3. I've not come across a single person who has given me a really decent explanation for this. Is God trying to confuse us?

Well first find all the references to the 'Trinity' in the Bible?
And when did the concept of the 'Trinity' show up eh?
Was it when Mo'$e$ descended down the mt. with two stone tablets offering sage advice?
So between that moment (when exactly Sad ) and the year 2009 ... when did the Trinity become central to this belief system?
I do agree, religion is rife with ambiguities.
Ambiguities help to confuse folks.

Maybe others and not god, are trying to confuse you?

(07-19-2009 05:47 PM)rag41 Wrote:  "a shaman is basically a hermit if you think about it - and most versions other than Protestantism include meditative prayer and fasting."

Well according to this simple definition, the POPE is a Shaman.

Quote:Shamans are intermediaries between the human and spirit worlds. According to believers, they can treat illness and are capable of entering supernatural realms to obtain answers to the problems of their community

And it can easily be shown that shamans from the pre-literate era (before writing), preceded the all-powerful OZ, the temple priests that obviously followed.

below my comments are in blue

Quote:There are many variations of shamanism throughout the world; and several common beliefs are shared by all forms of shamanism. Common beliefs identified by Eliade (1964)[3] are the following:

* Spirits exist and they play important roles both in individual lives and in human society. what would the Pope say about a spirit Holy or not?
* The shaman can communicate with the spirit world. I wonder what the Pope asks for from Santa Satan?
* Spirits can be good or evil. so is the Pope a good or evil spirit?
* The shaman can treat sickness caused by evil spirits. has anybody ever see Benedict 'heal' somebody, by the laying of hands, or by using his rat-zinger?
* The shaman can employ trance inducing techniques to incite visionary ecstasy and go on "vision quests." Cool mass hypnoSiS begins by attending maSS.
* The shaman's spirit can leave the body to enter the supernatural world to search for answers. hmm suggesting the Pope can Astral project, he prefers Virgin airlines, he likes their stewards?
* The shaman evokes animal images as spirit guides, omens, and message-bearers. Messages to be dispensed to the herds of goats and flocks of sheeple and seegullibles?
* The shaman can tell the future, scry, throw bones/runes, and perform other varied forms of divination

Runes?
Revelations?
nah never heard of it......

Shamanism is based on the premise that the visible world is pervaded by invisible forces or spirits which affect the lives of the living. Shamans can gather into associations, as Indian tantric practitioners have done.

[Image: VaticanTheCoronation.jpg][Image: VaticanPopeandCardinalsdressedin-1.jpg]

Now please note the 5 colors that this particular association of Shamans embrace and hold dear.

Black
White
Red
Gold
Green = Holy Spirit = magic carpet ride.. Angelic

Please take a look at my avatar.
It is my license to fly.
So who wants to go flying?
See the time on the clock behind the Pope?

Now is that the estimated time of departure or arrival?

namaste

07-20-2009, 04:36 PM
"Maybe others and not god, are trying to confuse you?"

- I think St. Paul has a lot to answer for don't you?
07-21-2009, 08:43 AM
(07-20-2009 04:36 PM)rag41 Wrote:  "Maybe others and not god, are trying to confuse you?"

- I think St. Paul has a lot to answer for don't you?

takes only two parties to form a conspiracy.

I nominate St. Peter and St. Paul
let's call these two fellas the SS.

YES YOU CAN ACTUALLY.
Anytime two saints are in attendance...they can be referred to as the 'SS'.

And the SS = Holy Spirit in the Middle Ages.
And the SS = NAZI Germany trying to usher in yet another Holy Roman Empire using the same colors of heraldry = heredity = bloodlines, as the ROMANS.

Exactly the same colors and symbols.

Christianity based on excessive SUN/light symbolism, void of any MOON references, (EASTER + MOON) is one devilish narrative.
IMHO

namaste

07-21-2009, 12:03 PM
Lol, you are making me laugh now

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Exclamation Ideology Of Religions: Scientific Proof Of Existence Of "God" KateBazilevsky 5 941 08-11-2014 08:08 AM
Last Post: HelloThere
  Question for religions that have a Judgement God EqualAtheist 1 641 12-25-2010 05:31 PM
Last Post: biomystic
  Oneness of God of different religions dattaswami1 0 466 02-15-2009 12:45 AM
Last Post: dattaswami1

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)