10-06-2017, 08:56 PM
Religious Brainwashing1
[img][Image: 9u5rtBV.jpg][/img]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2017, 09:40 PM
RE: Religious Brainwashing1
"Work hard and you'll eventually become a god!"

Sounds like brainwashing to me. Also really similar to capitalism.

Кровь за Кровь, Во Славу Великим!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-07-2017, 04:27 PM
(10-06-2017 09:40 PM)Satyros Wrote:  "Work hard and you'll eventually become a god!"

Sounds like brainwashing to me. Also really similar to capitalism.

We know that nothing good comes in life without hard work and sacrifice - is that not what you teach your kids? The good is God one letter less, that's all. You can say God or a great one, a leader, a visionary - if you want to become one it won't be easy & which is why so many quit and fall for religious promises of the easy good life to be had just by polishing the right shoes similar to Communism, Dictatorship
10-07-2017, 04:39 PM
(10-07-2017 04:27 PM)RamaRaksha Wrote:  We know that nothing good comes in life without hard work and sacrifice

So what do you call it when nothing good comes despite hard work and sacrifice?

Quote:if you want to become one it won't be easy & which is why so many quit and fall for religious promises of the easy good life to be had just by polishing the right shoes similar to Communism, Dictatorship

It astounds me that after going through the pageantry of asking if other religions offer a more "real" experience, your only goal here seems to be crapping on other religions from your moral high horse. I ask again what manner of "righteousness" or "enlightenment" you think this behavior will garner.

10-07-2017, 04:55 PM
(10-07-2017 04:39 PM)Satyros Wrote:  So what do you call it when nothing good comes despite hard work and sacrifice?

lol it's called REAL LIFE! That is the reason for the popularity of magic lands in the sky where living is easy

(10-07-2017 04:39 PM)Satyros Wrote:  It astounds me that after going through the pageantry of asking if other religions offer a more "real" experience, your only goal here seems to be crapping on other religions from your moral high horse. I ask again what manner of "righteousness" or "enlightenment" you think this behavior will garner.

It's tough to hear new ideas esp that one doesn't like, ideas that one's religion does not preach. Seeing Reincarnation from a different viewpoint - the viewpoint of the Warrior, not the Coward
Religions view Life from the viewpoint of the coward - blood, pain, suffering - "let us run away, a magic being is waiting for us in the sky, he will let us nicely sit back and enjoy the easy good life"
That has been the dominant view - the coward's view

My hope is to bring the Warrior view - nothing good comes in this life without a fight, without working hard, without sacrifice and even after that success is not guaranteed. Which is why the weak give up, which explains the success of magic retirement homes in the sky.

Reincarnation asks - if you fall, will you get up? Death is like falling, will you choose to come back knowing what awaits? It won't be easy, life will be hard.

Are you a Coward or a Warrior? That is what Reincarnation is asking
10-07-2017, 08:47 PM
(10-07-2017 04:55 PM)RamaRaksha Wrote:  lol it's called REAL LIFE!

Yet you just said that nothing good comes in life without hard work and sacrifice. Are you living in a fantasy land, where Cinderella always gets the happy ending?

Quote:It's tough to hear new ideas esp that one doesn't like, ideas that one's religion does not preach.

I assure you, your beliefs are nothing new to me. Sadly, neither is your attitude.

Quote:Religions view Life from the viewpoint of the coward - blood, pain, suffering - "let us run away, a magic being is waiting for us in the sky, he will let us nicely sit back and enjoy the easy good life"
That has been the dominant view - the coward's view

You have a very simplistic view of Christians, I must say...

Quote:Death is like falling,

Others would say that death is like crossing a bridge.

Quote:Are you a Coward or a Warrior? That is what Reincarnation is asking

No, reincarnation asks if your an achiever or a couch potato. Do you shoot for the higher caste, or are you comfortable in the mud. That's all. You're not a warrior, you're a worker bee.

10-07-2017, 09:11 PM
(10-07-2017 08:47 PM)Satyros Wrote:  No, reincarnation asks if your an achiever or a couch potato. Do you shoot for the higher caste, or are you comfortable in the mud. That's all. You're not a warrior, you're a worker bee.[/color]

Again why is it that you assume all Hindus are about Caste. That's like saying all whites are racist, all blacks are criminals, all Muslims are terrorists. How come you get to express your bigoted views, but find fault when i express an opinion.

And you say you are not christian, then why do my opinions are so to troubling to you?

Even in your religion are you saying there is a heaven? That could explain why you are so upset. People do have the right to question the idea of Heaven just as you question the idea of Reincarnation.

Again, what does one DO in heaven? How many times have i asked this?

As for being a Warrior - if one chooses Reincarnation one knows what one will face - a tough life - a life maybe as a doctor right when the boston bombing takes place. Life as a soldier maybe, or see a kid being abducted and springing into action. That is what being a warrior is all about - facing pain and suffering

I assume, your heaven has none of these problems? :-)
10-07-2017, 09:25 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2017 09:26 PM by Satyros.)
(10-07-2017 09:11 PM)RamaRaksha Wrote:  Again why is it that you assume all Hindus are about Caste.

Because that is factually where the system of reincarnation got it's origins. Also do note that your bigoted views came first; it's a bit late to be crying victim.

Quote:And you say you are not christian, then why do my opinions are so to troubling to you?

I advise thee, Loddfafnir! And hear thou my advise, -
Profit thou hast if thou hearest,
Great thy gain if thou learnest:
If evil thou knowest, as evil proclaim it,
And make no friendship with foes

~Hávamál s.127

Quote:Even in your religion are you saying there is a heaven?

There are various afterlives in Heathenry, yes. Not much akin to the Christian's heaven, though.

Quote:As for being a Warrior - if one chooses Reincarnation one knows what one will face - a tough life - a life maybe as a doctor right when the boston bombing takes place. Life as a soldier maybe, or see a kid being abducted and springing into action.

Or maybe life as a snake. Or a dog. You just hope that you get a more action-packed life. Maybe you're not a worker bee--just a dreamer.

Quote:I assume, your heaven has none of these problems?

No, the afterlives of Heathenry face conflicts of their own pertinent to the existence.

10-07-2017, 09:33 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2017 09:37 PM by RamaRaksha.)
(10-07-2017 09:25 PM)Satyros Wrote:  
(10-07-2017 09:11 PM)RamaRaksha Wrote:  Again why is it that you assume all Hindus are about Caste.

Because that is factually where the system of reincarnation got it's origins. Also do note that your bigoted views came first; it's a bit late to be crying victim.
So you get to have an opinion? - which you highhandedly think is right but keep saying my idea of Christianity and Heaven are wrong?

"Also do note that your bigoted views came first" - excuse me? How old are you anyway?

Quote:I assume, your heaven has none of these problems?
No, the afterlives of Heathenry face conflicts of their own pertinent to the existence.
[/quote]
Let's get back to Heaven shall we? The christian one - actually a lot of Hindus also believe in Heaven, so do Buddhists - and all these ideas are the same - easy breezy life of doing nothing.
As i have posted before I am against the idea of Heaven regardless of where it comes from, somehow you turned into a Christian hate and claim you are not a Christian yet i see no evidence of it

These are ideas & unless we discuss such ideas how will we progress? I am going on a small limb and assuming your new religion is not much different from Christianity? Same happy life in heaven after death? Which is why you are so upset?

Still waiting for you to condemn hate based on religion

(10-07-2017 09:25 PM)Satyros Wrote:  

So, all Hindus must believe in Caste? We have no choice? But you get upset if i say Christians condemn us to hell? Or any of my other ideas on christianity and heaven?
Seems you have quite a bit of double-standards going on here.

I don't believe all Christians are that bad - not all believe in such sick ideas - but my condemnation is towards those who do.
You have a right to condemn caste, but not to claim that all Hindus believe in Caste. That's a horrible thing to say

Brahmins used the idea of Reincarnation and Tat Tvam Asi - the idea that people come back as life forms that they want - as i posted, the guy interested in only sex gets to come back as a bonobo monkey, such an idea has nothing to do with Casteism and its hate
10-07-2017, 09:43 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2017 09:45 PM by Satyros.)
(10-07-2017 09:33 PM)RamaRaksha Wrote:  So you get to have an opinion?

No, I have theological study into the development of your religion, i.e. facts. You have heavy-handed criticisms and mockery of religious notions that you clearly don't understand; i.e. opinions.

Quote:excuse me?

I'm not sure there is an excuse for you. Yet you did come to this forum both barrels blasting against Christianity and their heaven; did you think a rebuttal was just going to let you pass by virtue of opinions?

Quote:Let's get back to Heaven shall we?

Fleeing from the unknown? I understand. You're here to pick a fight, not to actually hold any sort of progressive discussion on interfaith theology.

Quote:I am going on a small limb and assuming your new religion is not much different from Christianity?

Quite different, actually. Keep this up and you'll run out of limbs to go out on, however small they be. Again, it would behoove you to actually learn about a religion before you brashly open your mouth against it.

(10-07-2017 09:33 PM)RamaRaksha Wrote:  You have a right to condemn caste, but not to claim that all Hindus believe in Caste. That's a horrible thing to say

My heart bleeds for you. No, really.

Yet nowhere did I say you must believe in caste (though, with a progression of life value based on merits and desire, that's essentially what you've got.)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)