Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reviews of Movie 2012...
11-25-2009, 05:41 AM
Reviews of Movie 2012...
[Image: who-will-survive-2012-movie-trailer-november-2009.jpg]

In 2012, cataclysmic earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and tidal waves send John Cusack, Amanda Peet, Woody Harrelson and Thandie Newton racing across the globe toward a modern-day Noah’s ark. Director Roland Emmerich says he was inspired by the ancient Mayan doomsday prophecy and other jittery theories as he prepared to go back to the future. “I’m glad every two years visual effects take a leap forward,” says the disaster master. “But it all starts with a concept, not effects.” And that concept is? “The characters have to get aboard a ship or they’re dead. The government people all know what’s happening and have moral discussions about whether they’re doing the right thing. John Cusack plays one of the people who don’t know, and he views the disasters as a way to reconcile his life. Then there’s Woody Harrelson, the crazy guy in the middle who thinks it’s all about spaceships. There’s a balance between intimate scenes, action and laughs, and people who’ve seen it told me they cried. That balance doesn’t work every time; this time it really does.

vitamin c
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-25-2009, 08:57 PM
RE: Reviews of Movie 2012...
I have not yet seen 2012, but I'm not likely to. I generally find Roland Emmerich's movies a disappointment (with Stargate being the one exception.) The science is always, and I mean ALWAYS dead wrong, and Emmerich himself comes across as an opportunistic jerk. The advertising campaign for this movie was pure propaganda, playing on the fears of the public and deliberately spreading misinformation, as was the advertising for Emmerich's movie "The Day After Tomorrow" before it. Yes, these are merely advertising tactics, but they are scummy advertising tactics.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
11-26-2009, 06:15 AM
There wasn't much showing at the movies last weekend that would have interested my thirteen year old niece, so I took her to see 2012, explaining beforehand that the whole world-ending concept is a favourite topic of mainly American navel gazing conspiracy theorists with too much time on their hands.

She gave it eight out of ten. I gave it five, but uprated this to seven in response to her protests. The science was utter bunk-- something about increased sun activity spraying neutrinos everywhere, frying the interior of the Earth and causing extreme geological activity-- but disaster movies like this aren't about science, but more the celebration of human misfortune on a hitherto unrealised scale, with lashings of heroism and sacrifice thrown in to tug at the heartstrings.

I didn't quite feel enough empathy with the characters to care whether they lived or died, and anyway most of em' escaped unscathed, but the scenes of aeroplanes narrowly escaping from collapsing cities were mildly entertaining.
11-26-2009, 09:11 AM
(11-26-2009 06:15 AM)clarence clutterbuck Wrote:  ...but disaster movies like this aren't about science, but more the celebration of human misfortune on a hitherto unrealised scale, with lashings of heroism and sacrifice thrown in to tug at the heartstrings.

...the scenes of aeroplanes narrowly escaping from collapsing cities were mildly entertaining.

Been there, done that. Wink
11-28-2009, 03:11 AM
That was a fun movie to watch,
I laughed throughout the whole thing!

Just thinking about all the beautiful natural destruction brings tears to my eye's. Tears of Laughter! Ha HA hA! Lol

I know allot about Geography and that was so cool.

The Graphics where so cool, I am a Graphic Design Student so I love stuff like that.

Any way it was a good movie.

I stopped laughing about the destruction when the black dude started to say that Psalm!

Yeah if the world did end then all the rich people would get to live.
The rest of us get to die.

The Dude didn't say the whole thing but that was my favorite Psalm!
Any way the Psalm was # 23:
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,

3 he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

4 Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

"Hidden underneath the stoned cold surface of every Pious Person lays buried a Kinky Pervert, Stop bringing shovels, Where not digging!"-Azrael
09-08-2010, 06:30 AM
If i talk about this movie so It is my one of the favorite movie, I have own DVDs of this movie. This movie is very nicely made with some Sci-fi and some earth broken scenes Personally I like also that story concept.

seo services
08-02-2011, 07:23 AM
It was the worst movie i watched

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  RE:2012, movie and the End brunoncyryl 6 1,317 06-02-2010 01:21 AM
Last Post: greatwillies

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)