Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Righting a wrong
06-09-2009, 09:04 AM
Righting a wrong
Leaving aside the fact that somebody can't spell Anglican, it seems a shame to have this forum completely empty, so I thought I would put that right.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2009, 09:59 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2009 10:00 PM by Stereophonic.)
RE: Righting a wrong
I hated to see this thread go unanswered, so I thought I would submit the following as an interesting book by A.K.M. Adam, an Anglican scholar.

Faithful Interpretation: Reading the Bible in a Postmodern World

Has anyone read it yet? I'd be interested in opinions. I haven't read it yet myself, but I've enjoyed a couple of his other books.

http://www.biblicaltraining.org/ --- http://www.ntwrightpage.com/
06-11-2011, 04:10 AM
(06-09-2009 09:59 PM)Stereophonic Wrote:  I hated to see this thread go unanswered, so I thought I would submit the following as an interesting book by A.K.M. Adam, an Anglican scholar.

Faithful Interpretation: Reading the Bible in a Postmodern World

Has anyone read it yet? I'd be interested in opinions. I haven't read it yet myself, but I've enjoyed a couple of his other books.

I haven't read it but the title suggests I should. Not heard of the author either.

Are there not many Anglicans here? My last church affiliation was Anglican but I'm not a cradle one.
06-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Just stopped in to say hello

If everyone was thinking the same thing, then no one would be thinking at all.
06-14-2011, 03:44 AM
Are there any Anglicans in here? I spent 15 years in an Anglican Church but it never made me an Anglican.
06-14-2011, 04:14 AM (This post was last modified: 06-14-2011 04:14 AM by kevlar.)
How did you eventually escape? Parole?

????????????????
06-14-2011, 06:38 AM
Perhaps dug a whole, using a poster to cover it it, then made his way threw the sewer system, to clean up in the river outside, and then off down the road with the money the church was stealing from its followers?

If everyone was thinking the same thing, then no one would be thinking at all.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)