Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sabbath
07-18-2011, 11:40 PM
Sabbath
Good day all,

My name is Kenhai Darrell, I am from Bermuda and I would like to tell you what I have interpreted from the Bible about the Sabbath day. I do not intend to offend anyone I just feel that being quiet about what you believe in can only do you harm. We can all learn from eachother and so i'm just stating my opinion about the Sabbath day. These are not my words but Thus sayeth the Lord.

I have a question to the churches. Why is it that churches ought to keep all of the commandments but it is a problem when it comes down to the 4th commandment? The apostle James tells us in James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

Alot of Christian churches believe that Christian salvation does not depend upon his keeping of a certain day, and feel that if it were that important God would have told them. Jesus Christ was an example to us in "Luke 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up for to read." Christ kept the sabbath. And as "Christians" or followers of Christ that is an instruction and guidance for us to keep the Sabbath. Should we not also strive to be perfect as Christ was?

What did Paul say about the sabbath day? Well in "Hebrews 4:4-8 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest. Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day."

The catholic church did change the Sabbath day. There was a priest in the Catholic Church who said "If you want to be obedient to the church: worship on Sunday but if you want to be obedient to God: worship on Saturday."

What does the Bible say about those who substitute God's commandments for man made commandments, and what kind of worship is that? "Matthew 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."

The 4th commandment says, "Remember the Sabbath day (Never forget it) to keep it Holy (Keep it throughout you generations forever)."

Churches believe that the Bible makes it clear that the Law has been satisfied in Christ. This is very true. But remember saying these words "I except Jesus as my Lord and savior and i repent of my sins" are simply the magic words. Repenting of your sins is just the foundation to entering into eternal life. These next scriptures clear it up perfecty saying...

Hebrews 6 says" Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God."

James 2:17,20,26 17: Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. 20: But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? 26: For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

I've heard this many times before from sunday worshipers but this man was very bold he says. "The Bible does not require that we worship on Saturday. If anything, we have the freedom to worship on the day that we believe we should. And, no one should judge us in regard to the day we keep. We are free in Christ, not under law." This man had the ordasity to overthrow Gods commandment. He is stating that his own pleasures come before God. Lets look at the world today. Everything happens on a Saturday. Sunday(first day of the week) everything/business is closed. Who rest on the first day of the week? It doesn't make sense. So naturally people will gravitate to that which suites their life style and so they worship God on sunday. But shouldn't we revolve our lives around God, not the other way around...?!

Wow!!! Who are we to say what is exceptable in Gods eyes? Lets see what David says about the pastors who refused to keep the Sabbath... Psalms 118:22 "The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner." So all the denominations of the world reject the seventh day, which is commonly called Saturday.

Solomon says... Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 "13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. 14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil."

I am not Seventh Day Adventist.

I pray you read this and send me your thoughts.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-2011, 11:52 PM
RE: Sabbath
Thoughts sent, hope you received them loud and clear. E1603P

????????????????
07-18-2011, 11:57 PM
RE: Sabbath
(07-18-2011 11:52 PM)kevlar Wrote:  Thoughts sent, hope you received them loud and clear. E1603P

???????

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  smoking on the sabbath leo613 1 291 11-20-2014 10:58 AM
Last Post: Yefet
  Sabbath freeman 2 689 09-26-2010 11:48 AM
Last Post: iholdit

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)