Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev on the mechanics of human suffering...
11-30-2017, 12:37 PM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2017 12:38 PM by ajay0.)
Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev on the mechanics of human suffering...
An insightful article by the enlightened master Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev on the mechanics of human suffering.

Quote:Suffering is happening essentially because most human beings have lost perspective as to what this life is about. Their psychological process has become far larger than the existential process, or to put it bluntly, you’ve made your petty creation far more important than the Creator’s creation. That is the fundamental source of all suffering. -- Jaggi Vasudev

Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta

Awareness is the great non-conceptual perfection. - Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. - Eckhart Tole
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2017, 03:28 PM
RE: Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev on the mechanics of human suffering...
"What you call as 'my mind' is just society’s garbage bin."

Um. The Sadhguru's thoughts sound like something that I would read in the New Age section of my local newspaper. If that article represents the caliber of his insight then methinks the "sadh" part of his appellation may be a tad undeserved. Even my stuff runs circles around what he's written here and my stuff is mostly crap!

12-17-2017, 11:40 PM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2017 11:40 PM by ajay0.)
(12-16-2017 03:28 PM)IMtM Wrote:  "What you call as 'my mind' is just society’s garbage bin."

This is obviously true as social conditioning instills likes and dislikes within us.

Cigarettes, when first brought to India in the early twentieth century, was seen as vulgar and did not have much sales. Effective advertising by capitalists enabled a mass change in this perception, and cigarettes became associated with style and success. This lead to rocketing cigarette sales in India, along with high rates of lung and oral cancer.

(12-16-2017 03:28 PM)IMtM Wrote:  Um. The Sadhguru's thoughts sound like something that I would read in the New Age section of my local newspaper. If that article represents the caliber of his insight then methinks the "sadh" part of his appellation may be a tad undeserved. Even my stuff runs circles around what he's written here and my stuff is mostly crap!

Many enlightened masters of today are also ignorantly branded as New Age, without any idea of what enlightenment is all about, and the ancient tradition that is there behind it, which is older than most western nations as well.

(12-16-2017 03:28 PM)IMtM Wrote:  If that article represents the caliber of his insight then methinks the "sadh" part of his appellation may be a tad undeserved. Even my stuff runs circles around what he's written here and my stuff is mostly crap!

Well, there is a difference between being a polished wordsmith and being a realized master.

12-19-2017, 05:54 PM
(12-17-2017 11:40 PM)ajay0 Wrote:  Many enlightened masters of today are also ignorantly branded as New Age, without any idea of what enlightenment is all about, and the ancient tradition that is there behind it, which is older than most western nations as well.
My words were senselessly and undeservedly harsh. I apologize.

Quote:Well, there is a difference between being a polished wordsmith and being a realized master.
The first speaks in sentences, the latter speaks with silence.

12-20-2017, 11:48 AM
Yo IMtM, relax dude and don't ya go around creating petty psychological issues of guilt for yourself, and block out the existential reality. So just chill out, pal.

Accidents happen, and I am no stranger to it as well.Big Grin

12-21-2017, 10:25 AM
(12-20-2017 11:48 AM)ajay0 Wrote:  Yo IMtM, relax dude and don't ya go around creating petty psychological issues of guilt for yourself, and block out the existential reality. So just chill out, pal.
I shall try my best to adhere to your advice, ajay0. Thanks.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)