Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Salvation for the unforgivable sinner
01-25-2018, 01:39 AM
RE: Salvation for the unforgivable sinner
(01-24-2018 08:11 AM)YeshuaLord Wrote:  Amememhab wrote: "he’s little to worry about as far as I can tell"

Yes, his very concern indicated that.

Do you suppose he’s warring against God? If not, then he need not worry, but if so, he should worry a great deal, and repent. God’s angel will cast the active warriors of the enemy side into the lake of fire, where they perish in the second death. Yet relatively few ever do take up arms against God.

(12-09-2017 07:47 PM)stand2 Wrote:  And I thank you for your reply as well. Perhaps I should clarify that I am new to this site and haven't quite gotten the knack. Stan.

Oops! Here I go in a bit of foolishness of my own, as I miss your post for more than a month. If you’re new, however, here’s a clue: A missing “[/quote]” command is often responsible for display problems in a post. When this occurs, nothing after the opening [quote...] will show on your post, although readers can still retrieve its text in the edit window upon clicking the “reply” button.

It’s also best to use a word processor, say WordPad, Open Office, or Microsoft Word, to compose your posts rather than using the edit window. That way, you won’t lose your work if a page upload fails. After composition, just mouse-copy your text and paste it into the forum’s edit window, in which you can now add any italics, boldface or other formatting you desire.

Hope you enjoy your time here. Yet you’ve put nothing on the board since December 9.
~ Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2018, 04:10 AM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2018 04:12 AM by YeshuaLord.)
(01-25-2018 01:39 AM)Amememhab Wrote:  
(01-24-2018 08:11 AM)YeshuaLord Wrote:  Amememhab wrote: "he’s little to worry about as far as I can tell"

Yes, his very concern indicated that.

Do you suppose he’s warring against God? If not, then he need not worry, but if so, he should worry a great deal, and repent. God’s angel will cast the active warriors of the enemy side into the lake of fire, where they perish in the second death. Yet relatively few ever do take up arms against God.

(12-09-2017 07:47 PM)stand2 Wrote:  And I thank you for your reply as well. Perhaps I should clarify that I am new to this site and haven't quite gotten the knack. Stan.

Oops! Here I go in a bit of foolishness of my own, as I miss your post for more than a month. If you’re new, however, here’s a clue: A missing “
” command is often responsible for display problems in a post. When this occurs, nothing after the opening [quote...] will show on your post, although readers can still retrieve its text in the edit window upon clicking the “reply” button.

It’s also best to use a word processor, say WordPad, Open Office, or Microsoft Word, to compose your posts rather than using the edit window. That way, you won’t lose your work if a page upload fails. After composition, just mouse-copy your text and paste it into the forum’s edit window, in which you can now add any italics, boldface or other formatting you desire.

Hope you enjoy your time here. Yet you’ve put nothing on the board since December 9.
~ Smile

[/quote]
Amememhab - your technical advice to Stand2 was very helpful to me aswell, as another recent newcomer, thanks.

I get your other comment but for the purposes of discussion I would respond to your comment "relatively few ever do take up arms against God". Mmm.... in active combat.... I'm somewhat uncertain where you're coming from on that?

Luke 11.23 makes it very clear that any individual's attitudes ranging from mere apathy to outright hostility to Him and His Messiah, is accepted by God that they are against Him.

i.e. Those people do not believe Him and are therefore destined along with all the fallen angels for the lake of fire - reserved for Satan and his angels.The Luke passsage (from the Living Translation for user-friendly clarity) says: "ANYONE WHO ISN'T WITH ME OPPOSES ME, AND ANYONE WHO ISN'T WORKING WITH ME IS ACTUALLY WORKING AGAINST ME"

So, you see, I would question your statement that "relatively few...against God" from scripture it is apparent that only a relatively small number (a remnant) are not against Him!

John 15.33 Yeshua said: "He who hates Me hates My Father also"

John 3:20 "For everyone who does evil hates the Light (Jesus/Yeshua is THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD), and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed

Proverbs 8:36 The Lord says "he who sins against me injures himself; All those who hate me love death".
01-26-2018, 09:00 PM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2018 09:13 PM by Amememhab.)
(01-25-2018 04:10 AM)YeshuaLord Wrote:  I would respond to your comment "relatively few ever do take up arms against God". Mmm.... in active combat...I'm somewhat uncertain where you're coming from on that. Luke 11.23 makes it very clear that any individual's attitudes ranging from mere apathy to outright hostility to Him and His Messiah, is accepted by God that they are against Him.

Where I’m coming from on that is the simple fact that combat is expensive—metabolically, as one fritters away his energy to maintain a state of feud, and financially, as he spends his scarce money to pursue his campaign. I’ll grant you, however, that apathy is quite common. So many of us have all the enthusiasm of a limp Ramen noodle for Christ’s work.

Luke 11:23 says, “He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth” (Authorized Version of 1611). So, we’re with Jesus, even we wimps who don’t busy ourselves with his work as we should. Yet those who slack off the gathering-in of the harvest of the planet’s souls for Christ do tend to drift away from Christ over time—they scatter to the four corners of the world. This can lead to temptations for sin, as intrude the pursuit of money, cars, girls and evenings wasted dancing on MMDA in a techno nightclub, its 130dB music destroying the hair cells in our cochleas so that we’ll be half deaf in old age.

How I love Luke’s polished, literary gospel! Before 11:23, Jesus had said, of fathers and sons, “If he (the son) shall ask an egg, will he (the father) offer him a scorpion?” Is God like that? Oh, my! I shall check my boots each morning for scorpions and Atrax spiders before shoeing my feet. After 11:23, the Pharisees and lawyers showed up. You know how that always goes. The Pharisees blanched at Jesus’s unwashed hands at the dinner table, where he was entertaining smelly fishermen such as Andrew and Simon. Jesus simply told the lawyers off, citing how they loaded the backs of humble citizens with burdens they themselves refused to bear, and built tombs for prophets so that once they’d murdered those prophets, the funerals could proceed quickly.

In short, I don’t see in the way you do that God’s out to hack us down with axe for our foibles. Instead, Jesus says, “The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness. Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness” (Luke 11:34-35). In other words, if we preach an angry, dark God, then our bodies go dark, the lamps of our minds doused. I prefer to speak of a loving God of light, if only so I can see better when fumbling for my eyeglasses after nap time.
~ Wink

I find hard to understand how the harsh, petty and capricious God of the Christian fundamentalists got to be so popular in the USA. With them it seems God worries more over abortion issues than over the women and children of the Congo who must walk four miles lugging jugs for water from a river streaming with raw sewage from the towns upstream. Glad UNICEF’s on the job!
01-27-2018, 06:16 AM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2018 06:19 AM by YeshuaLord.)
(01-26-2018 09:00 PM)Amememhab Wrote:  
(01-25-2018 04:10 AM)YeshuaLord Wrote:  I would respond to your comment "relatively few ever do take up arms against God". Mmm.... in active combat...I'm somewhat uncertain where you're coming from on that. Luke 11.23 makes it very clear that any individual's attitudes ranging from mere apathy to outright hostility to Him and His Messiah, is accepted by God that they are against Him.

Where I’m coming from on that is the simple fact that combat is expensive—metabolically, as one fritters away his energy to maintain a state of feud, and financially, as he spends his scarce money to pursue his campaign. I’ll grant you, however, that apathy is quite common. So many of us have all the enthusiasm of a limp Ramen noodle for Christ’s work.

Luke 11:23 says, “He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth” (Authorized Version of 1611). So, we’re with Jesus, even we wimps who don’t busy ourselves with his work as we should. Yet those who slack off the gathering-in of the harvest of the planet’s souls for Christ do tend to drift away from Christ over time—they scatter to the four corners of the world. This can lead to temptations for sin, as intrude the pursuit of money, cars, girls and evenings wasted dancing on MMDA in a techno nightclub, its 130dB music destroying the hair cells in our cochleas so that we’ll be half deaf in old age.

How I love Luke’s polished, literary gospel! Before 11:23, Jesus had said, of fathers and sons, “If he (the son) shall ask an egg, will he (the father) offer him a scorpion?” Is God like that? Oh, my! I shall check my boots each morning for scorpions and Atrax spiders before shoeing my feet. After 11:23, the Pharisees and lawyers showed up. You know how that always goes. The Pharisees blanched at Jesus’s unwashed hands at the dinner table, where he was entertaining smelly fishermen such as Andrew and Simon. Jesus simply told the lawyers off, citing how they loaded the backs of humble citizens with burdens they themselves refused to bear, and built tombs for prophets so that once they’d murdered those prophets, the funerals could proceed quickly.

In short, I don’t see in the way you do that God’s out to hack us down with axe for our foibles. Instead, Jesus says, “The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness. Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness” (Luke 11:34-35). In other words, if we preach an angry, dark God, then our bodies go dark, the lamps of our minds doused. I prefer to speak of a loving God of light, if only so I can see better when fumbling for my eyeglasses after nap time.
~ Wink

I find hard to understand how the harsh, petty and capricious God of the Christian fundamentalists got to be so popular in the USA. With them it seems God worries more over abortion issues than over the women and children of the Congo who must walk four miles lugging jugs for water from a river streaming with raw sewage from the towns upstream. Glad UNICEF’s on the job!

Mmm....I'm not completely sure what your core point was there... the abortion Congo reference seems odd to me, why would one imagine it was an either/or concern there? Both, among many other things, are horrendous and as His people we are called to bring balm, practical help and The Lord's presence into all situations of suffering and desperation.

I also find it hard to understand a 'petty capricious God'. And, I suspect it is an ill-advised viewpoint to right off a whole section of people, assuming they all hold the same (mis)beliefs, if you view them that way.

I get it though. I personally have that problem with the RC Organisation - but despite what I perceive as a heretical and pseudo-christian cult, I have met people froman RC background who really love The Lord and are clearly true believers - but they have explained that that came about DESPITE THEIR DENOMINATION'S TEACHING NOT because of it! I imagine many of the southern baptists also, cannot be written off because of what someone may perceive as their unscriptural (anti-doctrinal) beliefs.

We cannot make up a God of our pleasing or we are worshipping a false God. We cannot doctor the gospel message to produce an 'ear-tickling' version, because that man-made version is 'nicer' and if people want God, they want Him always to be 'nice'. But contrary to common misconception, Yeshua/Jesus (THE LION OF JUDAH) was not all pink fluffy ineffective niceness!

If God IS, He IS who He says He is - which CAN be pretty scarey! We do right to be a tad in awe of Him! He is Holy and pure and will not turn a blind eye to our comparative filth. He gives us boundaries as any good parent does. If we choose to ignore Him and go our own way - He lets us. But why should human beings then moan at what they perceive as the 'unfair consequences' of their decision? God is nasty for not rolling in their filth with them? One can't have it both ways - dishonour Almighty God, drag his name through sewage by our behaviour and say thay HE'S the one at fault when we reap what we sew. Oh how SILLY ignorant human beings can be and how INCREDIBLY PATIENT WITH HUMAN-KIND'S STUPIDITY is our AMAZING SOVEREIGN LOVING HEAVENLY FATHER..... I know scripture says He is gradually withdrawing His presence, which is why evil is increasing, but I often wonder He didn't just pull the plug ages ago! THANK GOD He's MERCIFUL, so we still have a chance.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Salvation and Learning ether-ore 6 904 01-26-2015 03:48 PM
Last Post: ether-ore

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)