Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Satanism
11-20-2008, 01:11 PM
Satanism
I was going to post this in General, but since Anton LeVay's Satanic Bible is a direct response to Christianity in America, I thought I would put it here. The core of Satanism is summed up with 9 Satanic Statements...much like the Ten Commandments of Christianity. They are:

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!

2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!

3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!

4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!

5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!

6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!

7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!

8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!

9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!

Now, after reading the Satanic Bible, I've come to the conclusion that it is incredibly materialistic and selfish. However, like most religions, there are some good lessons and ideas to be found in the book. Numbers 4 & 8 above are my personal favorites. Anyone else read it, or have thoughts on the statements above?

If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2008, 08:02 PM
RE: Satanism
damian.hoffman Wrote:I was going to post this in General, but since Anton LeVay's Satanic Bible is a direct response to Christianity in America, I thought I would put it here. The core of Satanism is summed up with 9 Satanic Statements...much like the Ten Commandments of Christianity. They are:

4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!

6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!

7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!

8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!

9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!

Now, after reading the Satanic Bible, I've come to the conclusion that it is incredibly materialistic and selfish. However, like most religions, there are some good lessons and ideas to be found in the book. Numbers 4 & 8 above are my personal favorites. Anyone else read it, or have thoughts on the statements above?
such a loving creature,he would sweet talk a 5 year old out of her candy,and explain she needs to harden up,to gullible.

Good evil salvation
11-20-2008, 10:40 PM
damian.hoffman Wrote:I was going to post this in General, but since Anton LeVay's Satanic Bible is a direct response to Christianity in America, I thought I would put it here. The core of Satanism is summed up with 9 Satanic Statements...much like the Ten Commandments of Christianity. They are:

I haven't read the satanic bible, but from what I read above its teachings are opposite those of Christianity. Actually I can see a little too much of all of us in those verses above.
1. I am guilty of over indulging in things I know hurt me.
2. I have too much faith in things I attain instead of trusting the God I claim to believe in.
3. I tend to be a know-it-all at times, and often repent as I recognize my ignorance.
4. I realize that I am guilty of not showing enough compassion.
5. I’ve lost my temper many times and made myself sick because I couldn’t let it go.
6. I often close my eyes to those who the disappointments of life have left in a miserable condition.
7. I have acted like an animal on more than one occasion.
8. I’ve been led into sin when I was led away by my desire for physical, mental, and emotional gratification.
9. I am a sinner who loves to be reminded of the Savior who died for me.

I am so glad that I am a Christian, and there is even hope for someone like me.
11-21-2008, 12:08 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2008 12:09 PM by Messenger.)
I find it odd that someone would define themselves as "the opposite of" a Christian rather than simply defining their own beliefs. Why not just call yourself a materialist and be done with it.
11-21-2008, 12:48 PM
Messenger Wrote:I find it odd that someone would define themselves as "the opposite of" a Christian rather than simply defining their own beliefs. Why not just call yourself a materialist and be done with it.

My guess would be money. LeVay wanted some, and being controversial is often a good way to make money. Probably the same reason L. Ron Hubbard didn't advertise himself as a delusional psychopath. Big Grin

One of the reasons I dislike Satanism is because it buys into the Christian mythos so much.

11-21-2008, 02:52 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2008 05:01 PM by Anthem.)
Messenger Wrote:I find it odd that someone would define themselves as "the opposite of" a Christian rather than simply defining their own beliefs. Why not just call yourself a materialist and be done with it.
I was getting up in age before I realized that most people are really serious who believe those things. They believe that religion is to be blamed for most of the problems we find in the world today. Many of them don't believe in God or Satan. They see all our rules stemming out of religion and causing frustration, which causes violence. And when new scandal comes out of our churches it adds fuel to the fire. Those who are serious know what they believe and do have good reasons for it. For me it is sad to see all the things wrong with religion today. With all the things wrong, there is still the truth of God and the person who finds it is blessed indeed. There is a God and He is in control even though it doesn’t seem that way.
But I do understand why so many people don't believe.
11-21-2008, 03:09 PM
correct,satan has many puppets to stop people believing,he uses people to keep others away from God.like a smokescreen,the more he keeps away the more he keeps for his slaves.don,t trust any human,just trust God.

Good evil salvation
11-21-2008, 05:02 PM
smellycat Wrote:correct,satan has many puppets to stop people believing,he uses people to keep others away from God.like a smokescreen,the more he keeps away the more he keeps for his slaves.don,t trust any human,just trust God.

Why should I believe you? Tongue

Just kidding.

Anthem Wrote:I was getting up in age before I realized that most people are really serious who believe those things. They believe that religion is to be blamed for most of the problems we find in the world today. Many of them don't believe in God or Satan. They see all our rules stemming out of religion and causing frustration, which causes violence. And when new scandal comes out of our churches it adds fuel to the fire. Those who are serious know what they believe and do have good reasons for it. For me it is sad to see all the things wrong with religion today. With all the things wrong, there is still the truth of God and the man who finds it is blessed indeed. There is a God and He is in control even though it doesn’t seem that way.

For me it's not so much the evil done in the name of religion. Well, that is a factor. But it's mostly because I see no evidence to support claims from any religion. In addition, there are literally thousands of different belief systems in existence today. Nearly all of them proclaim their views are "the truth", yet they can't all be true. In a different thread another member (which I believe was Shadrach) had an excellent analogy to a cosmic cup & ball game. So, why do *you* feel your chosen religion is more correct than say...Islam, or Judaism? All of them are holdovers from ancient times, and to me they all read like poorly written, yet simplistic, fairy tales.

One does not need religion to benefit from the wisdom they espouse. All religions have good guidelines for how to treat each other and conduct oneself honorably. But these ideas are not unique to any of them, and can be found in secular writings as well.

11-27-2008, 09:00 AM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2008 09:04 AM by Anthem.)
damian.hoffman Wrote:
Anthem Wrote:I was getting up in age before I realized that most people are really serious who believe those things. They believe that religion is to be blamed for most of the problems we find in the world today. Many of them don't believe in God or Satan. They see all our rules stemming out of religion and causing frustration, which causes violence. And when new scandal comes out of our churches it adds fuel to the fire. Those who are serious know what they believe and do have good reasons for it. For me it is sad to see all the things wrong with religion today. With all the things wrong, there is still the truth of God and the man who finds it is blessed indeed. There is a God and He is in control even though it doesn’t seem that way.

For me it's not so much the evil done in the name of religion. Well, that is a factor. But it's mostly because I see no evidence to support claims from any religion. In addition, there are literally thousands of different belief systems in existence today. Nearly all of them proclaim their views are "the truth", yet they can't all be true. In a different thread another member (which I believe was Shadrach) had an excellent analogy to a cosmic cup & ball game. So, why do *you* feel your chosen religion is more correct than say...Islam, or Judaism? All of them are holdovers from ancient times, and to me they all read like poorly written, yet simplistic, fairy tales.

One does not need religion to benefit from the wisdom they espouse. All religions have good guidelines for how to treat each other and conduct oneself honorably. But these ideas are not unique to any of them, and can be found in secular writings as well.
The dilemma one faces when promoting religion is why is this one the right one. I find it satisfying to answer the questions for myself the existence of God and what He is doing in the world. Because of the age we live in I can see things that people of the past couldn’t. It took more faith for some people to believe in God in past generations in my opinion. The science which some see as proving the non-existence of God, actually proves the existence of God to me. My religion is based on all the hundreds and hundreds of facts that make up my faith. But God has decided to be elusive in many ways, and I understand why so many people don’t believe. I understand why so many different religions too. So I understand, and I still believe in God and His great plan that I can see being carried out in this hurting world. If I couldn’t see answers for the many questions God’s mysteriousness brings, I wouldn’t believe either. But I do see answers, and that is why I believe my religion is the closest I will find in this world. I’m a Christian, and believing that God suffered in Jesus Christ helps me in believing that He can care about our suffering. It helps me to see that God does actually have a plan and nothing takes Him by surprise. I have no problem believing, because I have all my questions answered in Christ.
12-05-2008, 07:49 AM
Anthem Wrote:
damian.hoffman Wrote:

The dilemma one faces when promoting religion is why is this one the right one. I find it satisfying to answer the questions for myself the existence of God and what He is doing in the world. Because of the age we live in I can see things that people of the past couldn’t. It took more faith for some people to believe in God in past generations in my opinion. The science which some see as proving the non-existence of God, actually proves the existence of God to me. My religion is based on all the hundreds and hundreds of facts that make up my faith. But God has decided to be elusive in many ways, and I understand why so many people don’t believe. I understand why so many different religions too. So I understand, and I still believe in God and His great plan that I can see being carried out in this hurting world. If I couldn’t see answers for the many questions God’s mysteriousness brings, I wouldn’t believe either. But I do see answers, and that is why I believe my religion is the closest I will find in this world. I’m a Christian, and believing that God suffered in Jesus Christ helps me in believing that He can care about our suffering. It helps me to see that God does actually have a plan and nothing takes Him by surprise. I have no problem believing, because I have all my questions answered in Christ.
you are correct hoff.this world is full of propaganda.and manipulation of people.Christ will help you.

Good evil salvation

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)