Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Saving literal readers of the Bible and Fundamentals.
02-16-2010, 03:10 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghGgMOfSGfQ&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suseKsLEWKo

Thank God I have saved literal readers and Fundamentalists.

As a Deist, my closest label, and a Religionist, I think it my duty to help people find the Godhead and protect the reputation of Religionists of all stripe. I believe that our greatest threat is from within in the form of literal readers of scripture and the more Fundamental adherents to the WORD.

The great harm they do is to take good Bibles that try to show a direction toward godliness and good living and turn these good Bibles into books of fairy tales with their beliefs in fantasy.

It is often times a drudgery but I must admit that I get a great pleasure when I turn a literal reader or Fundamental.
It is sometimes a tough job but my sense of mission keeps me at it.

I only post this to share and encourage those who like me, fight to bring those who believe in fantasy, to reality. Keep up the good work.

For evil to grow, all good men need do is nothing and to those like me, who wish to reduce evil, I offer encouragement.

Let us continue to try to bring literalist and Fundamentals to sanity. It is the right thing to do.

We are our brothers keeper after all and since all literal readers and Fundamentals hurt all Religionist, it is our duty to turn them away from their strange ideas of God.

Those ideas lead to this type of abuse.

Channel 4 - Dispatches - Saving Africa's Witch Children

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/dispa...episode-1/

Jesus Camp 1of 9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhjIlhASh...re=related

The trick is to use their own WORD against them by showing the immorality on issues such as;

The existence of hell, An obviously immoral construct.
The vicarious redemption that was forsaken by God. We are to help carry the cross, not ride it.
The flood of Noah’s day. An obvious show of God’s imperfection. God repenting, how droll.

I am sure that you have your own favorite issues to bring literalists and Fundamentals to reality and know that literal reading has many logic holes for you to show.

Keep up the good work friends. It does pay off.

Comments?

Regards
DL

God is a cosmic consciousness.
Our next evolutionary step.
No choice.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2010, 09:05 PM
RE: Saving literal readers of the Bible and Fundamentals.
Thank you for putting some good links. As you save the literalists, please also let them share the possbility that God may have inspired other humans also, some non-Christians as He is a loving non-discriminating God. I am glad to know that you are a Deist rather than a Trinitarian. Several of my posts could also serve to disabuse the literalists of their biases, I actually opened a thread today, demonstrating the evolution from Mark to John.

You can rejoice in the fact that I am ambasador of President Thomas Jefferson to this forum, and his deist views are not hidden from anyone so I do not have to preach those here. I generally emphasize his views about Unitarianism, as they also fall in line with me views or biases, whatever lable you want to use.

Thomas Jefferson owned a copy of the Quran and in a private meeting he told me that he had read it scores of times. I posted information about translation of the Holy Quran in another thread:

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/index.php

I think the best translation for someone who grew up and lived in the West will be by Sir Zafrulla Khan, it is available at amazon.com.

I am second coming of Thomas Paine. If you are a Christian, have you read Age of Reason?
02-17-2010, 12:04 AM
(02-16-2010 09:05 PM)Ahmadi Wrote:  You can rejoice in the fact that I am ambasador of President Thomas Jefferson to this forum, and his deist views are not hidden from anyone so I do not have to preach those here. I generally emphasize his views about Unitarianism, as they also fall in line with me views or biases, whatever lable you want to use.

Thomas Jefferson owned a copy of the Quran and in a private meeting he told me that he had read it scores of times.

You are not Jefferson's ambassador. As with everything else, you are deliberately misrepresenting his views which were all about total freedom of religion. You believe in no such thing.
02-17-2010, 12:16 PM
Ahmadi

Thanks for that. I will check it out.

Regards
DL

God is a cosmic consciousness.
Our next evolutionary step.
No choice.
02-17-2010, 12:57 PM
(02-17-2010 12:04 AM)Parousia Wrote:  You are not Jefferson's ambassador. As with everything else, you are deliberately misrepresenting his views which were all about total freedom of religion. You believe in no such thing.

I believe in as much religious freedom as anyone else on this planet. Religious freedom does not mean that I have to give up my views and religion and be an agnostic or some thing else. I have my views and others are completely free to hold their own, but let the dialogue continue. No, coercion, free dialogue, even if I become the President of USA, I will follow in the footsteps of President Thomas Jefferson and I will not bomb anyone into freedom of any kind or democracy. Just exchage of ideas. Pen is more powerful than the sword!

I am second coming of Thomas Paine. If you are a Christian, have you read Age of Reason?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Belief in fantasy Gods. Literalists and Fundamentals. Greatest I am 27 3,729 05-11-2011 03:03 PM
Last Post: oracle

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)