Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
School subject
11-11-2009, 07:55 AM
School subject
Hello!
I've gotten an assignment in school to write an essay about a religious conflict, a comparisation or anything else connected to religion. The subject shouldn't be too uncomplicated, such as "Write an essay on Christianity" or "Who are the Mormons?". I.e, it should be a somewhat advanced subject to find information and write about, but still an interresting one. Please help! :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2009, 08:45 AM
RE: School subject
(11-11-2009 07:55 AM)Jaugs Wrote:  Hello!
I've gotten an assignment in school to write an essay about a religious conflict, a comparisation or anything else connected to religion. The subject shouldn't be too uncomplicated, such as "Write an essay on Christianity" or "Who are the Mormons?". I.e, it should be a somewhat advanced subject to find information and write about, but still an interresting one. Please help! Smile

Suggestion: A survey of different views about what the Bible means to the various flavors of Christianity. These views range from the Catholic view that in addition to the Bible there is also Sacred Tradition and Episcopal Polity, through the sola scriptura views of mainstream Protestantism, to the strictly literal interpretation typical of the Evangelicals. You might stick with those three divisions and show how each deals with some specific aspect of faith as an illustration of the different viewpoints concerning the Bible.
11-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Or you could do the Crusades which isn't boring and involves lots of killing!

You could pick a certain Crusade, and investigate the religious and political reasons for it. Richard the Lionheart and Saladin are interesting characters from those times. It is also topical for now with the situation between the 'Christian' West and the more Muslim Middle East. You could even throw in a bit about Bush saying it was a Crusade against terror, and then having to apologise and rephrase that one.
11-13-2009, 02:43 AM
I've gotten an assignment in school to write an essay about a religious conflict, a comparisation or anything else connected to religion. The subject shouldn't be too uncomplicated, such as "Write an essay on Christianity" or "Who are the Mormons?". I.e, it should be a somewhat advanced subject to find information and write about, but still an interresting one. Please help! Smile

The Reformation. If it needs to be narrower look at the lives of Luther or Calvin, both are fraught with conflicts between various theologians. Another interesting direction could be John Knox and the Civil War between the Protestants (mostly Presbyterians) and Catholics in Scotland.
11-21-2009, 05:53 AM
(11-13-2009 02:43 AM)goose Wrote:  

The Reformation. If it needs to be narrower look at the lives of Luther or Calvin, both are fraught with conflicts between various theologians. Another interesting direction could be John Knox and the Civil War between the Protestants (mostly Presbyterians) and Catholics in Scotland.

Hi,

I think these topics are good to cover in the assignments as, these are appropriate and can be done properly.

Thanks!

Christian Counseling Dallas
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-07-2010, 10:35 PM
I was supposed to go to school and make my assignments as early as I can. Being in school gives you better ideas on how to achieve life. As usual, school subjects are easy for me and to think that I loved assignments, I do them well.

seo services

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Survey for my school. Valkyrie 9 846 12-11-2013 07:52 PM
Last Post: Dove
  School Project Questionnaire: Understanding Religion around the world SmithAtSchool 6 1,344 06-25-2013 05:13 PM
Last Post: Satyros
  WorldView School Project, Answer Questions MIKEJAMES123 8 953 12-03-2012 05:40 PM
Last Post: Adi Baba
  Help me out with a school project? nfg 0 350 04-29-2011 03:55 PM
Last Post: nfg
  School Project help request atomic_girl 8 1,566 03-29-2010 11:31 AM
Last Post: muslim girl

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)