Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Science, God and My Philosophy
07-01-2011, 08:32 AM
Science, God and My Philosophy
After spending some time on the forum I am seeing things in different ways and here it is

This basis of my belief and that is that God is not a creator or omni anything. God is the sum of all thought, knowledge and experience in the universe and the purpose of the universe is to think, know and experience.

We are one with the universe because we are part of the universe and the sum of the universe is God. God doesn't guide us but we and everything else in the universe exists and experiences, which feeds the universe knowledge and thought.

When we were the singularity before the big bang, we were just thought and knowledge without experience, and then desire to experience exploded to become the universe that it is today, and that keeps on thinking, knowing and experiencing.

IMO Smile

So what have I learnt? Philosophy is individual, each has their own (which should be respected) and can exist with or without God and/or science? Personally, I choose to embrace science as part of my philosophy because it opens up more thought, knowledge and experience.

Not sure why I decided to share this....

@georgeTmaxwell

The universe exists to think, know and experience.
@PaticleAnimism
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2011, 08:53 AM
RE: Science, God and My Philosophy
Because we, the atheist mafia have possessed you, you have become Borg.
Really, thank you for those thoughts, it is a view that has more merit than many others. I'm interested that you have undergone a change since joining the asylum, would you care to elaborate? Feel free to tell me to [censored] off, I won't be offended, you may have noticed that.

????????????????
Find all posts by this user
07-01-2011, 09:45 AM
(07-01-2011 08:53 AM)kevlar Wrote:  Because we, the atheist mafia have possessed you, you have become Borg.
For me that is so funny in many ways. In my book I write about the future which i see as being a battle between technology and nature. Borg is absolutely what I don't want to become Big Grin

And yes, there is a definite atheist attitude here but that's fine for me as I am atheist.

Quote:Really, thank you for those thoughts, it is a view that has more merit than many others. I'm interested that you have undergone a change since joining the asylum, would you care to elaborate? Feel free to tell me to [censored] off, I won't be offended, you may have noticed that.
no need for a tell off, even if I know sometimes you enjoy it.

Good question. Before, I kept my thoughts to myself so I decided to write and found my writers voice. Then I hit the net and found the forums and now I am finding my conversation voice - which is good.

I have seen so much diversity and strong opinions here, it has helped me understand others as we'll as myself - hence I suppose I wrote the above. Sometimes I found it very confronting but didn't see the need to "flounce".

So I decided to join another spiritual forum that was less "in your face" and more to find like minded people whereas here my thoughts are a bit out there. I think this is the Gemini in me so I need to satisfy both personalities Smile

But it's good to debate as well as discuss.

gTm

@PaticleAnimism
07-01-2011, 02:06 PM
(07-01-2011 08:32 AM)georgeTmaxwell Wrote:  God is the sum of all thought, knowledge and experience in the universe and the purpose of the universe is to think, know and experience.
Absolutely perfect !!
07-01-2011, 04:06 PM
(07-01-2011 02:06 PM)Yefet Wrote:  
(07-01-2011 08:32 AM)georgeTmaxwell Wrote:  God is the sum of all thought, knowledge and experience in the universe and the purpose of the universe is to think, know and experience.
Absolutely perfect !!

And absolutely wrong but of course Yefet wouldn't know this not having the Son of Man knowledge taught in his tradition. God is not the sum of all parts embodied by the universe. God is a Spirit, above and beyond Creation, not identical to it.
07-01-2011, 09:27 PM
(07-01-2011 04:06 PM)biomystic Wrote:  And absolutely wrong but of course Yefet wouldn't know this not having the Son of Man knowledge taught in his tradition. God is not the sum of all parts embodied by the universe. God is a Spirit, above and beyond Creation, not identical to it.
in your opinion.....

@PaticleAnimism
07-01-2011, 10:46 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2011 01:10 AM by Yefet.)
There is an old Hebrew saying ein od milvado or there is none besides Him.
And by Judging my buddy bio's response,I would say we are on to something
Is the artist thought not part of his creation? Is the Daat or thought of the architect not in the plans of the building?
I still very much liked the op.
Thanks GTM
07-02-2011, 01:40 AM
Typical zionist response.................choke, splutter.............lol Big Grin

????????????????
07-14-2013, 05:53 AM
we all do have our own philosophy.

and for those who don't believe it is their philosophy.

none of us should scoff another's beliefs.

we need to respect them.

maybe God doesn't care.

but maybe God DOES.

either way I WANT to reverence God.

my siblings leave God out of their lives.

that is their choice....it has to be a choice or it is meaningless.
07-14-2013, 07:31 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2013 07:33 AM by beyond the horizon.)
I think you are the originator of a new "ism" and apparently the name of your opinion is " Sumism". But I think your opinion is ambiguous and it is in need of more explanation and you have to expands its content and you should to write a formal treatise about this new opinion to appear its doctrines. So Please start writing as soon as possible. I am interested to know what is this opinion?!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The science proves the existence of God!!! Jesusdpm 23 2,507 02-07-2017 07:04 PM
Last Post: PeterPants
  I found many chatters in the science forum do not believe in God they are too narcis asid6 146 12,506 03-11-2016 07:32 AM
Last Post: Herminator
  science only proves God smellycat 14 1,545 03-09-2016 11:52 AM
Last Post: PeterTheRock
  Science explains the existence of God. Greatest I am 1 639 08-16-2012 12:45 PM
Last Post: Greatest I am

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)