Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Science VS Genesis
04-04-2010, 10:13 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2010 10:14 PM by TheJackel.)
Science VS Genesis
Well. since this site has a txt limit I am going to have to link to my argument. This argument will go over Genesis vs science and why Genesis's account is virtually implausible. This includes, a complete refutation of Sarfati and Earth's Early Atmosphere.

Science VS Genesis: Part 1

Science VS Genesis: Part 2

Clearly religion is attempting to spread false information and trying to pass it off as fact.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2010, 06:54 PM
RE: Science VS Genesis
did it ever occur to you that maybe as this book was written 6000 years ago that it might have been in the form of metaphor? try this one on for size.

1~In the beginning God created space and matter
2~Matter was formless, void and dark, and expanding outward into space.
3~Then God said let there be light and photons appeared and the universe lit up.
4~And God saw that light was good and separated matter from dark matter.
5~And God called the matter light and the dark matter he called night and there was beginning and ending the first eon.

6~Then God said let the expanse separate into clumps of matter.
7~ And God made the expanse and separated galaxy from galaxy
8~And God called the expanse the universe and there was beginning and ending eon two.

9~Then God said let the matter be gathered together to form planets and stars and it was so.
10~And God called the dry land earth and the waters he call seas and God saw that it was good.
11~Then God said let the earth sprout amino acids and let them form Chains and become self-replicating RNA, and it was so.
12~and the earth brought forth RNA replicating after it’s kind And DNA after it’s kind and bacteria and algae’s after their kind, And God saw that it was good.
13~and there was lightness and there was beginning and ending eon three.

14~Then God said let there be comets and asteroids in the heavens, And let them impact the earth to form signs in the heavens for years, Decades and eons.
15~and they brought forth the moon in the heavens to shine it’s light on the earth. And it was so.
16~And God had made the two great lights, the greater to rule the day
And the lesser to rule the night, and the stars shone through the dust.
17~ And God had placed them in heaven to give the light of life on earth
18~And to govern the night and day of the earth and God saw that it was good.
19~and there was beginning and ending eon four.

20~Then God said let the waters swarm with living creatures and let them leave the waters into the open air.
21~and God created the great sea monsters and dinosaurs and every living creature that moves from which the waters swarmed, everything after its kind and God saw that it was good.
22~ and God blessed them all and said be fruitful and multiply in the seas and across the earth.
23~ and there was beginning and ending eon five.

24~Then God said let the earth bring forth mammals and insects and all the beast of the earth, each after it’s kind, and it was so.
25 And God had made the mammals after their king and everything that creeps on the ground after it’s kind and God saw that it was good.
26~Then God said let Us make man in Our image according to Our likeness and let them rule over all the fish, mammals, birds, amphibians, reptiles, micro organisms and all beast over the earth.
27~And God created man in his image, male and female he created them
28~And God blessed them and said to them be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and rule over all that moves on the earth.
29~then God said behold I have given you every plant and tree that yields it’s seed for your food.
30~And to every beast and bird and everything that has life I have given green plants for food an it was so.
31~And God saw that it was good and there was beginning and ending eon six
beginning and ending eon seven-vacation
04-05-2010, 11:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2010 11:38 PM by TheJackel.)
(04-05-2010 06:54 PM)logic police Wrote:  did it ever occur to you that maybe as this book was written 6000 years ago that it might have been in the form of metaphor? try this one on for size.

1~In the beginning God created space and matter
2~Matter was formless, void and dark, and expanding outward into space.
3~Then God said let there be light and photons appeared and the universe lit up.
4~And God saw that light was good and separated matter from dark matter.
5~And God called the matter light and the dark matter he called night and there was beginning and ending the first eon.

6~Then God said let the expanse separate into clumps of matter.
7~ And God made the expanse and separated galaxy from galaxy
8~And God called the expanse the universe and there was beginning and ending eon two.

9~Then God said let the matter be gathered together to form planets and stars and it was so.
10~And God called the dry land earth and the waters he call seas and God saw that it was good.
11~Then God said let the earth sprout amino acids and let them form Chains and become self-replicating RNA, and it was so.
12~and the earth brought forth RNA replicating after it’s kind And DNA after it’s kind and bacteria and algae’s after their kind, And God saw that it was good.
13~and there was lightness and there was beginning and ending eon three.

14~Then God said let there be comets and asteroids in the heavens, And let them impact the earth to form signs in the heavens for years, Decades and eons.
15~and they brought forth the moon in the heavens to shine it’s light on the earth. And it was so.
16~And God had made the two great lights, the greater to rule the day
And the lesser to rule the night, and the stars shone through the dust.
17~ And God had placed them in heaven to give the light of life on earth
18~And to govern the night and day of the earth and God saw that it was good.
19~and there was beginning and ending eon four.

20~Then God said let the waters swarm with living creatures and let them leave the waters into the open air.
21~and God created the great sea monsters and dinosaurs and every living creature that moves from which the waters swarmed, everything after its kind and God saw that it was good.
22~ and God blessed them all and said be fruitful and multiply in the seas and across the earth.
23~ and there was beginning and ending eon five.

24~Then God said let the earth bring forth mammals and insects and all the beast of the earth, each after it’s kind, and it was so.
25 And God had made the mammals after their king and everything that creeps on the ground after it’s kind and God saw that it was good.
26~Then God said let Us make man in Our image according to Our likeness and let them rule over all the fish, mammals, birds, amphibians, reptiles, micro organisms and all beast over the earth.
27~And God created man in his image, male and female he created them
28~And God blessed them and said to them be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and rule over all that moves on the earth.
29~then God said behold I have given you every plant and tree that yields it’s seed for your food.
30~And to every beast and bird and everything that has life I have given green plants for food an it was so.
31~And God saw that it was good and there was beginning and ending eon six
beginning and ending eon seven-vacation

Do you realize that metaphor is in reference to the SUN lol?? And again, the Earth is not 6000 years old.. Only a fool would believe that. And this figure was made up by Christians to try and account for evolution, or flaws in their argument.. And I also wouldn't go around eating every plant that bears seed if you want to live a longer life. But yes, the sun does provide us with life, food, warmth, light from dark, our four seasons ectra.. Problem is, Genesis has it all completely [censored] backwards to start with.. And the 2 versions can't even agree with each other. And even if they managed to get it right, it wouldn't validate anything else it claims... I wil shortly be doing a piece on the ark as well.

I suggest you read my other articles on "Forbidden Fruit" and Forbidden Knowledge"

Believe me, you are not posting things I don't already know.. Your not going to teach a former Christian Christianity..

I suggest you read these:

Forbidden Fruit: The Apple

Forbidden Knowledge: Truth?
04-05-2010, 11:56 PM
the book is 6000, our earth is 4.5 billion, and our universe is 15-17 billion. the story dosent start with the sun it starts a the big bang. how old are you?
04-06-2010, 12:20 AM
Nowhere in the Bible does it state that the Earth is 4.5 billion years old, 6,000 is the magic number of good Christians. In fact, there is absolutely NO science in the Bible or anything we can learn about the Cosmos, which is slightly odd don't you think, considering the book was either inspired or written by the creator of EVERYTHING?

We would be 1,500 years ahead if it hadn't been for the church dragging science back by its coattails and burning our best minds at the stake
04-06-2010, 12:25 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2010 07:34 PM by TheJackel.)
(04-05-2010 11:56 PM)logic police Wrote:  the book is 6000, our earth is 4.5 billion, and our universe is 15-17 billion. the story dosent start with the sun it starts a the big bang. how old are you?

Wrong.. This tells me you don't even know what is written in Genesis.. The story does not start with the big bang.. Sorry, light doesn't even come into play until genesis 1:3.. Open Genesis please and read me where it states "it all begins with a big bang".. Or how Earth was created before the "Big Bang".. If you can not read and comprehend what is written why bother having this discussion?..

Do tell me where in genesis does are the heavens created? ahhh riight, not at the beginning of the story Wink

BTW, The Genesis does not say "
1~In the beginning God created space and matter"

This is a typical Christian inserting their own nonsense into this. That includes the rest of your list sir.

hence, the entire notion is the insertion of the concept of what a day is to a god they claim is not bound to time.. And the fact it would take an all powerful "GOD" 6000 years or even six Earth days is ridiculous pleading.. And somehow this being gets tired and needs to take a break, rest, or vacation .. We all know the bible was written in regards to the observation of the Sun's positions during the 4 seasons and the setting of the sun, the rise of the sun, and the darkness of the night.It's the old darkness vs light, or evil vs good. The day is referring to an Earth day!.. And we all know the Earth wasn't created in 6 days or even 6 thousand years.. Plants are not the first forms of life to exist, and plants can't exist without an atmosphere, or before light that made the difference between day and night.. You are ignoring key problems that prove your manipulation of self insertion false.

Might do you some good to watch this video before you post false information.. Hence, Genesis is talking about the day and night cycles, which most theist will try and claim it's the "BIG BANG" when it's not.. Common knowledge that the mindset in that era was that at night Earth has no form is void because it is dark and when the sun Rises it well, follows Genesis exactly.. Have fun with that.

Christianity, Sun GOD
-

Btw you can't create light or Dark because there is only one or the other.. Existence also can not be created because said GOD would also require it.. And I can even go into the impossibility of a world flood that would require nearly 4x the volume of water that currently exists on Earth to even reach over 1000FT above sea level much less cover the entire face of the Earth accept 1 mountain peak.. Just let me know when you find African Elephant fossils scattered across north America that would result from a world flood.. It's all nonsensical.
04-06-2010, 07:34 PM
And btw Nepal is 400ft above sea level.. mount Everest is 25,000 some feet high, not to mention other mountains being 2,000 to 18,000 feet.. And ask yourself how much rain would have to fall in 40 days and nights to just cover most of Nepal at 4000 feet. In fact my own estimation of 4x water volume currently on Earth is entirely a complete understatement..

I think science clearly wins here over Genesis completely. I would love to hear your refutation, or any theists refutation.. in fact I am going to post something on the Ark in just a few minutes.
04-06-2010, 08:20 PM
(04-06-2010 07:34 PM)TheJackel Wrote:  And btw Nepal is 400ft above sea level.. mount Everest is 25,000 some feet high, not to mention other mountains being 2,000 to 18,000 feet.. And ask yourself how much rain would have to fall in 40 days and nights to just cover most of Nepal at 4000 feet. In fact my own estimation of 4x water volume currently on Earth is entirely a complete understatement..

I think science clearly wins here over Genesis completely. I would love to hear your refutation, or any theists refutation.. in fact I am going to post something on the Ark in just a few minutes.

thread already open, your arguments already posted. try reading

????????????????
04-06-2010, 08:27 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2010 08:31 PM by TheJackel.)
(04-06-2010 08:20 PM)kevlar Wrote:  
(04-06-2010 07:34 PM)TheJackel Wrote:  And btw Nepal is 400ft above sea level.. mount Everest is 25,000 some feet high, not to mention other mountains being 2,000 to 18,000 feet.. And ask yourself how much rain would have to fall in 40 days and nights to just cover most of Nepal at 4000 feet. In fact my own estimation of 4x water volume currently on Earth is entirely a complete understatement..

thread already open, your arguments already posted. try reading

ask me again if I care lol Wink I am not going to sift through all the threads or take the time to bother with it.. And feel free to link the argument posted.

funny enough I can type in the key word Ark in the search box and only get my thread.. Good times!
04-24-2010, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2010 12:42 PM by prdamico.)
To the jackal, or as I like to call it the JACKA$$

are you complete idiot, all you do is attack other people's opinions,

you do not know [censored], yet you are constantly telling other people that they are wrong. who the hell do you think your are, you are a looser.

YOU DO NO KNOW [censored], and with every post that does nothing but attack other peoples ideas, you prove that time and time again.

How bout instead of trying to run around proving everybody else wrong.

you actually start spending some time examining the facts.

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE MATTER (everything that is in existense )< BECAUSE IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO CREATE SOMETHINGS OUT OF NOTHING.

well we have matter JACKA$$ so something IMPOSSIBLE happened

and any attempt by you to say EXACTLY what that something was,

only proves that ou are a MORON,

cause NO ONE KNOWS HOW MATTER CAME INTO EXISTENCE

we guess a lot, we imagine how it happened, we theorize how it happened,

string theory
multi-dimentional theory
time travel theory
big bang theory

you see a pattern here JACKA$$

they are all

THEORIES

none of them are the TRUTH, but you come here telling us we are wrong in our thinking,

backing up your hypothesis with other peoples THEORIES

do you know what a theory is

probably not cause you all over the place telling everyone that they are wrong.

you are no different then a politician, or a priest. you do not know the truth, so you spread lies.

so sad, so very sad

hey but I GET A GOOD LAUGH AT YOUR PATHETIC ATTEMPT TO SOUND INTELLIGENT

Paul
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Genesis and science derived timelines reconcilled friedmann 28 4,608 02-01-2015 10:51 AM
Last Post: ether-ore
  Genesis is about space/time (proof) Diracdelta27 3 687 11-27-2014 10:47 AM
Last Post: Achrelos
Question Genesis 1,1 Arrogance and pride 48 4,948 03-05-2014 09:12 PM
Last Post: Jay

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)