Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Science and Religion reconciled at last!
06-16-2009, 05:58 PM
Science and Religion reconciled at last!
Projecting current scientific and political trends, the future of our species will be either gloriously bright or acutely bleak.

Human understanding of the Universe and its immutable laws is expanding at an accelerating pace. From this understanding, we will derive an exponentially growing torrent of pioneering technologies. Developments in Theoretical Physics and Astronomy will culminate in a flood of clean, sustainable energy, as well as a Grand Unifying Theory of Science. Advancements in Neuroscience and computer programming will inevitably lead to the creation of artificial intelligences that will far exceed our own neurological computational capacity, as well as the advent of a fully integrated computer-human interface that will enhance our intellectual capabilities by orders of magnitude. Rapid progress in the fields of Medicine, Genetics, and Biotechnology will climax in the elimination of virtually every disease and disorder, as well as the eventual cessation and reversal of the aging process. Proliferation of transportation and communication networks will culminate in a flawlessly interconnected world; we will witness Humanity's journey into the Solar System and beyond.

We are on the verge of transitioning into what astrophysicist Nikolai Kardashev called a Type I Civilization, characterized by an intelligent species in a planet-wide, peaceful union, harmonious with the planetary ecology, sharing all information on a global scale, harnessing energy, as well as producing art and technology in abundance. A Type I Civilization transcends the bounds of the Earth and rises into the Heavens. A Type I Civilization transcends Disease, Famine, War, and, eventually, Death.

Ancient philosophers and prophets predicted this new civilization. They described it with words like Paradise, Heaven, Zion, and Utopia.

The one event that can halt this Transition is humanity's self-destruction. The knowledge and technology which allows us to create a utopia, also gives us the potential to engulf the entire planet in flames, or turn it into a poisoned, uninhabitable wasteland, and eradicate the existence and memory of Humanity for all eternity.

With the dawn of the nuclear age, Humanity entered a period of Judgment. Our actions today will determine whether we attain technological transcendence into Heaven or Hell.

http://www.type1civ.org
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2009, 06:13 PM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2009 06:17 PM by Anglican.)
RE: Science and Religion reconciled at last!
(06-16-2009 05:58 PM)type1civ Wrote:  Projecting current scientific and political trends, the future of our species will be either gloriously bright or acutely bleak.

Human understanding of the Universe and its immutable laws is expanding at an accelerating pace. From this understanding, we will derive an exponentially growing torrent of pioneering technologies. Developments in Theoretical Physics and Astronomy will culminate in a flood of clean, sustainable energy, as well as a Grand Unifying Theory of Science. Advancements in Neuroscience and computer programming will inevitably lead to the creation of artificial intelligences that will far exceed our own neurological computational capacity, as well as the advent of a fully integrated computer-human interface that will enhance our intellectual capabilities by orders of magnitude. Rapid progress in the fields of Medicine, Genetics, and Biotechnology will climax in the elimination of virtually every disease and disorder, as well as the eventual cessation and reversal of the aging process. Proliferation of transportation and communication networks will culminate in a flawlessly interconnected world; we will witness Humanity's journey into the Solar System and beyond.

We are on the verge of transitioning into what astrophysicist Nikolai Kardashev called a Type I Civilization, characterized by an intelligent species in a planet-wide, peaceful union, harmonious with the planetary ecology, sharing all information on a global scale, harnessing energy, as well as producing art and technology in abundance. A Type I Civilization transcends the bounds of the Earth and rises into the Heavens. A Type I Civilization transcends Disease, Famine, War, and, eventually, Death.

Ancient philosophers and prophets predicted this new civilization. They described it with words like Paradise, Heaven, Zion, and Utopia.

The one event that can halt this Transition is humanity's self-destruction. The knowledge and technology which allows us to create a utopia, also gives us the potential to engulf the entire planet in flames, or turn it into a poisoned, uninhabitable wasteland, and eradicate the existence and memory of Humanity for all eternity.

With the dawn of the nuclear age, Humanity entered a period of Judgment. Our actions today will determine whether we attain technological transcendence into Heaven or Hell.

http://www.type1civ.org

One atheist British philosopher has remarked that, having dismissed religion, a large part of the scientific community is now busy in an attempt to construct a mythology of its own. I suppose you could say that the above is a prime example of that.
06-16-2009, 07:08 PM
Yeah, and I heard a bunch of Christians were lynching blacks because they were the seed of Cain.

Christians are all horribly racist that way.

You should know better than to take everything said under the banner of atheism and try to apply it to all atheists, Anglican.

Though, having said that, the dream of such a civilization is a good dream, though I would prefer it to be couched in less religious language.
06-17-2009, 07:30 PM
(06-16-2009 07:08 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  You should know better than to take everything said under the banner of atheism and try to apply it to all atheists, Anglican.

Did I say all atheists? The philosopher I referred to had some of the more level headed scientists (such as Christopher Isham) on board when she wrote her critique of the wilder flights of fancy some other scientists have become wedded to.
06-17-2009, 08:06 PM
Ah, so now we're down to "some". I can accept "some" more than I can accept "a large part." Don't just watch what you say, watch what you imply.
07-07-2009, 12:08 PM
(06-16-2009 06:13 PM)Anglican Wrote:  One atheist British philosopher has remarked that, having dismissed religion, a large part of the scientific community is now busy in an attempt to construct a mythology of its own. I suppose you could say that the above is a prime example of that.

I agree ....
Science is preparing to become the NEW religion.
Again another language 'few' really understand.

The new Religion called Science however ignores some basic facts of life and refuses to incorporate ancient knowledge into its framework.
Into its Theory of Everything

Phi, phi and Pi

If we accept science (as it presently stands>>IGNORANT) then all we will be doing is trading one group of MASTERS (black/white magicians temple priests) for just another bunch who can actually use SMOKE and MIRRORS (xyz) to confuse the herd.

IMHO
This site cuts through the BS.
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/

namaste

Raphael

NATURE cannot be HIDDEN only VEILeD with NARRATIVES that defy NATURE

CodeX4 and the Reconciliation of Science and Religion
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/about/
07-07-2009, 01:50 PM
Raphael, some friendly advice: next time, break the pill in half.

---------------
Not selling anything.
07-07-2009, 02:32 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2009 07:30 PM by Raphael.)
(07-07-2009 01:50 PM)MerryAtheist Wrote:  Raphael, some friendly advice: next time, break the pill in half.

great!!
a drive by shooting by a merry ole' troll...
so you greet a new member by insinuating I need meds.....?

here is some not so friendly advice.
don't bother reading my posts/threads okay?

ignorance is bliss?
the name you have chosen and your signature says it all.
put me on ignore.
do yourself a favor...
and drink yourself to shleep...count the 99 beer bottles
sorry to upset you while you were shleep walking through life...

namaste

NATURE cannot be HIDDEN only VEILeD with NARRATIVES that defy NATURE

CodeX4 and the Reconciliation of Science and Religion
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/about/
07-09-2009, 01:00 AM
(07-07-2009 02:32 PM)Raphael Wrote:  
(07-07-2009 01:50 PM)MerryAtheist Wrote:  Raphael, some friendly advice: next time, break the pill in half.

great!!
a drive by shooting by a merry ole' troll...
so you greet a new member by insinuating I need meds.....?

here is some not so friendly advice.
don't bother reading my posts/threads okay?

Actually, it was bit of a test to see if you can manage to summon a sense of humor. I occasionally like to tweak people a bit to see where their heads are; their responses help guide me in responding to them in future. It's sort of a Forum Rorschach Test.

The ability to poke fun at oneself, to see one as others do, is a basic characteristic of good mental health. If the response I get indicates an inability to utilize these simple capabilities, then I can generally assume that any interactions will likely be difficult.

Partial results of my informal test are quoted above. I'm sorry to say you didn't do so well. It's not a clinical diagnoses, mind you, but you do exhibit a certain intense and jittery posting pattern that suggests to me a mental state that will make consensus (to say nothing of comprehension) extraordinarily difficult.

At any rate, I will continue to monitor whichever threads interest me, and post comments at my leisure, without regard to your recommendations.

---------------
Not selling anything.
07-09-2009, 05:49 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2009 07:55 AM by Stereophonic.)
(07-09-2009 01:00 AM)MerryAtheist Wrote:  ...I occasionally like to tweak people a bit to see where their heads are; their responses help guide me in responding to them in future. It's sort of a Forum Rorschach Test...

Just don't try this on GT; he'll go berserk and call you an idiot and a liar...

http://www.biblicaltraining.org/ --- http://www.ntwrightpage.com/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  isnt science the same as religion? BuddhaThaSnake 89 5,646 08-24-2014 12:42 PM
Last Post: Spiny Norman
  Science and Religion are both true miyono-suke 84 5,108 06-01-2014 08:46 AM
  The Biggest Difference between Science and Religion QuestionMark 24 1,921 04-02-2014 08:20 AM
Last Post: Herminator
  Science/Religion Analogy QuestionMark 3 773 03-30-2014 09:42 AM
Last Post: Scientist
  Science & Religion - Same Thing Different Timeline nabeelfarooqui98 5 783 03-21-2014 11:04 AM
Last Post: Aviara
  Science is not religion.... but why not make it one? StarStuff 16 1,905 03-06-2014 04:53 AM
  Ghosts, spirits, religion and science ! hellboykl 4 743 02-22-2014 06:38 AM
Last Post: Herminator
  Controversies between religion and science. Leosnake 72 9,076 02-15-2014 12:26 PM
Last Post: Leosnake
  SCIENCE AND RELIGION avatar 31 6,342 09-21-2013 03:30 PM
Last Post: Vagabond
  Theory of Evolution: Science not Religion. Achrelos 82 5,585 09-01-2013 08:50 PM
Last Post: davek121

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)