Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Science versus the creation story
10-12-2017, 12:36 PM
RE: Science versus the creation story
(10-02-2017 01:35 PM)Alexa Wrote:  Apparently it doesn't speak well to everyone. Because nobody can agree on who this god is, what he wants, or what he does.

No,indeed. He apparently "speaks" to whom He wishes

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2017, 08:09 PM
(10-12-2017 12:36 PM)muhammad_isa Wrote:  
(10-02-2017 01:35 PM)Alexa Wrote:  Apparently it doesn't speak well to everyone. Because nobody can agree on who this god is, what he wants, or what he does.

No,indeed. He apparently "speaks" to whom He wishes

How do you know this?

----------------------
Does anyone know where the love of God goes
when the waves turn the minutes to hours?
10-13-2017, 08:39 AM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2017 08:39 AM by muhammad_isa.)
(10-12-2017 08:09 PM)The_Squid Wrote:  How do you know this?

It's a bit like a radio .. some people can "tune in" .. others can't..

Having said that, it's also possible for people to be deluded, obviously..

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters.
10-13-2017, 03:17 PM
(10-13-2017 08:39 AM)muhammad_isa Wrote:  
(10-12-2017 08:09 PM)The_Squid Wrote:  How do you know this?

It's a bit like a radio .. some people can "tune in" .. others can't..

This doesn't check out....

First you say he "speaks" to whom he wishes - then you say he speaks to everyone but only few are "tuned in". Those statements are contradictory...

Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it
10-13-2017, 04:45 PM
(10-13-2017 03:17 PM)Herminator Wrote:  ...

First you say he "speaks" to whom he wishes - then you say he speaks to everyone but only few are "tuned in". Those statements are contradictory...

Well I'm not surprised you think that .. you obviously are not 'tuned in' Big Grin

..Have you tried short-wave? Wink

10-14-2017, 02:41 AM
(10-13-2017 04:45 PM)muhammad_isa Wrote:  
(10-13-2017 03:17 PM)Herminator Wrote:  ...

Well I'm not surprised you think that .. you obviously are not 'tuned in'

Whether I am "tuned in" (what a nonsensical statement) or not is irrelevant to the fact that you made contradictory statements.

(10-13-2017 04:45 PM)muhammad_isa Wrote:  ..Have you tried short-wave?

I'm trying logic but you just avoid having to answer the question about your contradictory statements Rolleyes

10-14-2017, 05:30 AM
(10-14-2017 02:41 AM)Herminator Wrote:  ...
I'm trying logic but you just avoid having to answer the question about your contradictory statements Rolleyes

Untrue .. I simply struggle to get you on 'my wavelength' .. it is about spiritual awareness .. a person who denies the existence of everything except their physical observations struggles to understand

10-14-2017, 06:14 AM
(10-14-2017 05:30 AM)muhammad_isa Wrote:  
(10-14-2017 02:41 AM)Herminator Wrote:  ...

Untrue .. I simply struggle to get you on 'my wavelength' .. it is about spiritual awareness .. a person who denies the existence of everything except their physical observations struggles to understand

Some "wavelength" or assumed "spiritual awareness" has got nothing to do with making contradictory statements. They are as contradictory for theists as they are for atheists.

10-14-2017, 12:43 PM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2017 12:44 PM by muhammad_isa.)
(10-14-2017 06:14 AM)Herminator Wrote:  Some "wavelength" or assumed "spiritual awareness" has got nothing to do with making contradictory statements. They are as contradictory for theists as they are for atheists.

I'm not with you .. I never said that Almighty God "speaks" to everyone as far as I'm aware..

In fact, I believe that He literally speaks to very few .. in fact, NOBODY who is alive at present.
"Speaks" as in people being aware of God and His wishes, such as reading Holy Scripture and pondering on it, then quite a few people, yes.

Alas, this doesn't include you, as you are not 'tuned in' Smile

10-14-2017, 12:50 PM
(10-14-2017 12:43 PM)muhammad_isa Wrote:  
(10-14-2017 06:14 AM)Herminator Wrote:  Some "wavelength" or assumed "spiritual awareness" has got nothing to do with making contradictory statements. They are as contradictory for theists as they are for atheists.

I'm not with you .. I never said that Almighty God "speaks" to everyone as far as I'm aware..

In fact, I believe that He literally speaks to very few .. in fact, NOBODY who is alive at present.
"Speaks" as in people being aware of God and His wishes, such as reading Holy Scripture and pondering on it, then quite a few people, yes.

Alas, this doesn't include you, as you are not 'tuned in' Smile

I'm tuned in but I don't hear anything - but maybe that's because the whole "tuning in" baloney is a bad analogy anyway.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Creation Vs Science Christopher Ball 517 45,797 02-15-2012 11:21 AM
Last Post: Zagreus
  Creation "science"/ID Huitaca 33 4,320 10-24-2011 09:20 AM
Last Post: theMIDDLEway

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)