Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Science versus the creation story
11-21-2017, 10:27 AM
RE: Science versus the creation story
(11-21-2017 09:10 AM)StephenH Wrote:  
(11-21-2015 06:07 PM)Seek For Truth Wrote:  lol I was not aware of Pascal's Wager those were my own words, you broke my heart Big Grin but you haven't put the light on why not play it safe ? with believing in God,
anyways thanks for the links

Because you can't decide to believe as an act of will. Also, because believing as a cynical ploy to gain the best end for yourself is selfish. We are meant to believe in God because it is right to do so. Finally, belief that matters is active faith, leading to a changed life, not intellectual belief. That kind of belief was condemned by Jesus when he pointed out that the Devil and his cohorts believe in that way - and tremble.

Without any rational evidence for the existence of a god being around, people (like Pascal) try to invent it ... apparently for many people simply believing it isn't enough.

Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2017, 03:09 PM
(11-21-2017 09:10 AM)StephenH Wrote:  Because you can't decide to believe as an act of will.
Quote:We are meant to believe in God because it is right to do so.

These statements contradict themselves. If you can't decide to believe, then you also cannot decide not to believe. In either case, we are meant to believe nothing in particular.

Кровь за Кровь, Во Славу Великим!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-21-2017, 03:11 PM
(11-21-2017 09:10 AM)StephenH Wrote:  ...Also, because believing as a cynical ploy to gain the best end for yourself is selfish...belief that matters is active faith, leading to a changed life, not intellectual belief.

Yup. For me, the social gospel lived, the lunch with the homeless eaten, naked suffering souls out in the vicious ice of another December sky in a world that doesn’t give a damn about them. God will know every fall of a crow from the trees in Death this winter, as his plan to rescue our cosmos from the designs of Satan, Death, and Hell advance another notch. But we need faith, quiet patience, as the walk with the Holy Ghost just gets harder each year.

Intellectual belief blow in the wind, as I’m almost agnostic anyway, thinking God only in the heart, to drive us to better our condition, and hope for the resurrection to life everlasting. Happy Thanksgiving, to all.
~ Smile
11-21-2017, 05:01 PM
(11-21-2017 03:09 PM)Satyros Wrote:  
(11-21-2017 09:10 AM)StephenH Wrote:  Because you can't decide to believe as an act of will.
Quote:We are meant to believe in God because it is right to do so.

These statements contradict themselves. If you can't decide to believe, then you also cannot decide not to believe. In either case, we are meant to believe nothing in particular.
What I mean is that if you believe, it should not be from selfish motives.
11-22-2017, 12:02 PM
It is true that there are many Muslims, Catholics and Atheists who are very caring and loving people.

The Atheist even are filled with wonderful people and the Atheist are great at pulling out a kind word or caring remark from their big hat somewhere.

Satanists as well - Satan Worshipers give to help the poor, They care about people and their SATANIC LAWS claim that Satanists aim to end the struggle between religious policy and conflicting natural inclination so that members may live without guilt for following harmless human instinct and desire.

For example, the fourth Satanic Statement approves of kindness only for the deserving, as opposed to promoting kindness for everyone. It warns against offering your kindness to ingrates.

So every Religion and Atheist Organization has clauses and stipulations and reaches out to Help the poor and needy.

But with Islam and Satanism - They are the same eXact purpose.
Satanism and Islam both are set up / Designed to only help out and offer assistance to the Poor of people that they Feel are Loyal to their FAITH

You simply are not looking at the whole picture.

You are following an Islamic / Satanic theological pattern of ONE STEP THEOLOGY. In Islam - Muslims do not Reach out to help Non Muslims.

The Alms and Food and Aid and Helping out the Poor is only Designed in Satanism and Islam - FOR PEOPLE OF THAT ORGANIZATION - Who deserve the help because they are following the FAITH..

Muslims and Satanist forget basic facts of the Manuscripts and begin to accuse the Christian of selling a contradictory message.

For eXample - that Here in The Bible in Luke 3, the text Here tells of a basic normal Hebrew account of their natural normal historical style of accounts - of a list of known facts. About FACTS.

In the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar, Pontius Pilate was being governor of Judaea,

Herod was ruler of Galilee Herod brother Philip was ruler of Ituraea, Trachonitis, Lysanias and Abilene.

Annas and Caiaphas were the high priests.

But the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness.

It goes on to detail a summary of John's message.........

Stating His message, such as - Do violence to no man, neither accuse falsely; and be content with your wages. John had a message and preached unto the people.

And Herod the ruler - shut up John in prison.

John was able to baptize people and baptized Jesus also. And Jesus was then about thirty years of age, was ( The supposed) the son of Joseph.

AND - That is it. The Greek manuscripts give many details and tell many things without saying them directly.

Christians put the pieces together by studying and having a perfect consistency, Error Free - Non Contradictory set of complete facts that place every detail into perfect place.

The Quran provides no such a thing nor even tries.

We have the exact List of names that are connected to the Man Jesus. The words " Was The Son Of " are not in the original manuscripts connecting Joseph. The First set of facts close the case - in the next List of Facts -

Then the list of names are given. We can assume or imagine that they are claiming to be Yours or even My very own prophesied genealogy or the genealogy of Donald Trump. The Words { WHICH WAS THE SON OF } are not in the Original. Nothing is connecting the genealogy listed to the Joseph.

The Main subject is Jesus and John. And John was Jesus Cousin. John was giving such a detailed record of everything that was going on at that time. Listing the names of His very own genealogy right in one list that was also the same exact genealogy of Jesus.

Listing Joseph as the supposed father of Jesus because John chose to not List His very own father. Because to keep tradition he kept it flowing through the Males in The list - Making a point to direct His very Own genealogy but directing it to Jesus who had the Same Grandfather as Him. Heli.

You and The Satanists are simply wrong.

The bible tells the facts and it commands to Give help, alms and aid and Love and Blessings to everyone who needs it. Not just People of the Faith of The Bible.

Satanism and Islam have the Same LAWS regarding the Helping out the Poor of other Faiths.

Jesus however was clear.

Mat 5:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
Mat 5:40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.
Mat 5:41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
Mat 5:42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
Mat 5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Mat 5:46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

Mat 5:47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

Mat 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

I am sorry but This is simply the Facts.
11-22-2017, 12:33 PM
(11-22-2017 12:02 PM)overthemoon1p9202 Wrote:  But with Islam and Satanism - They are the same eXact purpose.

Just curious. What’s with the capital X’s at midword? No conversion or loyalty tests are required to receive Christian aid to the poor, although a sermon’s often delivered with the meal. My church even dispenses with the sermon, and just has Wednesday lunch in the auxiliary hall, where all can talk about God, or anything else, in an informal atmosphere at those big round white plastic tables Lifetime LLC makes here in Utah.
11-22-2017, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 11-22-2017 01:03 PM by overthemoon1p9202.)

I use the Capital X because it is a letter my name.
reX is the name. I have a website too.

Although I am not an eXpert at website designs I did my best with what I knew and had.

You may visit it if You would Like. Any questions - Just Ask.

http://electxrextheelectriclion.nfshost.com/

Thanks for Your Church, Many Christians often sacrifice their own wants and needs to help others. God Bless You.

I use My Name reX a lot online and in the website for various titles and movies I made.
11-22-2017, 02:14 PM
Quote:I use the Capital X because it is a letter my name.

It’s annoying.

----------------------
Does anyone know where the love of God goes
when the waves turn the minutes to hours?
11-22-2017, 02:42 PM
(11-22-2017 02:14 PM)The_Squid Wrote:  
Quote:I use the Capital X because it is a letter my name.

It’s annoying.

So is that website, and the fact he keeps mentioning it across multiple threads...

Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it
11-22-2017, 05:29 PM
(11-22-2017 01:02 PM)overthemoon1p9202 Wrote:  Although I am not an eXpert at website designs I did my best with what I knew and had. You may visit it if You would Like. Any questions - Just Ask.

Well, I did pay Electrex a visit. Strange animal noises and thumping on the home page. A storm. A horse neighing. Then a page dedicated to former Israeli Prime Minister Golda Meir, who you say grew discomfited at meetup with Pope Paul VI. Or, at least the newspaper page fax you posted there, the Pittsburgh Gazette of January 20, 1973 says so.

I dunno. I hope you enjoyed the project; nice work, actually. Just don’t link it more than once here—in fact, I’m not sure personal homepages are even kosher on this forum. But that’s a moderator issue, and you’re not selling bars of scented Egyptian Lotus Soap.
~ RolleyesShySmile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Creation Vs Science Christopher Ball 517 48,253 02-15-2012 11:21 AM
Last Post: Zagreus
  Creation "science"/ID Huitaca 33 4,529 10-24-2011 09:20 AM
Last Post: theMIDDLEway

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)