Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Seal of the prophets?
07-06-2013, 06:39 PM
Seal of the prophets?
Do you think there's any chance that "seal of the prophets" means something other than Muhammad being the final prophet forever?

I think Baha'is, Ahmadis, and maybe other groups believe that prophets can indeed come after Muhammad, and have.

Muslims generally don't.

I read somewhere that the real "seal" was some bump on Muhammad's shoulders or something. Is that true?

Couldn't Muhammad be more like a "seal of approval" on behalf of the prophets rather than the "seal closing up the envelope" containing the prophets inside, if you get my analogy?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2013, 10:36 PM
RE: Seal of the prophets?
Moved to General religion, please remember religions of the world is not the place to argue or debate a particular Religion
07-06-2013, 10:39 PM
I wasn't trying to debate, just was wondering if there's any Muslims who believe it is possible that Muhammad wasn't for-certain the last prophet (:
07-06-2013, 11:07 PM
(07-06-2013 06:39 PM)shiverleaf15 Wrote:  Do you think there's any chance that "seal of the prophets" means something other than Muhammad being the final prophet forever?

I think Baha'is, Ahmadis, and maybe other groups believe that prophets can indeed come after Muhammad, and have.

Muslims generally don't.

I read somewhere that the real "seal" was some bump on Muhammad's shoulders or something. Is that true?

Couldn't Muhammad be more like a "seal of approval" on behalf of the prophets rather than the "seal closing up the envelope" containing the prophets inside, if you get my analogy?

I am not a Muslim but I am certain Prophecy still comes to certain people.

Shiver could you quote the verse which you got this from?

"Hidden underneath the stoned cold surface of every Pious Person lays buried a Kinky Pervert, Stop bringing shovels, Where not digging!"-Azrael
07-06-2013, 11:11 PM
I would if I could, but I'm afraid I don't know the "verse".

You can Google it or Wikipedia it, that's how I first heard about the "seal of the prophets" doctrine under that name. I've learned from actual Muslims themselves that they believe Muhammad is the last prophet however.

I think Kayser once even told me that according to the Quran my prophets could not be true because they came after Muhammad's time. I'm sure he or another Muslim would know much better about this subject than me, and I would like to learn more, just like you.
07-07-2013, 12:25 AM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2013 12:26 AM by arthra.)
The verse in the Qur'an goes:

Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but He is the Messenger of God and the Seal of the Prophets.

- Qur'an 33:40

The Arabic word for "seal" is "kha'tam"

In Hebrew the word is "kha-tham" and has the same meaning

seal, signet, signet-ring

In the Bible (New International Version) Dan 12:4 has

"But you, Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge."

True Baha'is have an interpretation of the "seal" that differs with many Muslims..for an essay on the Baha'i view of the subject see:

http://bahai-library.com/fananapazir_faz...lity_islam

"All religions, arts, and sciences are branches of the same tree."
07-07-2013, 12:49 AM
No Muslim believes that
He is the seal and final prophet

Click Here to know more about Islam
07-07-2013, 01:53 AM
(07-07-2013 12:49 AM)KAYSER Wrote:  No Muslim believes that

So the Baha'is have quite a fair claim to make then?
07-07-2013, 03:07 AM
(07-07-2013 01:53 AM)shiverleaf15 Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 12:49 AM)KAYSER Wrote:  No Muslim believes that

So the Baha'is have quite a fair claim to make then?
They are not Muslims
Just like you, so what's the big deal?

Click Here to know more about Islam
07-07-2013, 02:10 PM
They accept the Quran, I don't. It's sort of how Jews and Christians can argue about whether or not Jesus really was the Messiah.

Except here, I'm not actually telling you to become a Baha'i: but wondering if the claim they make is at the least "valid" (that it is right or wrong is another thing completely).

For example, that Christians claim Jesus was the Messiah is "valid" in Judaism in one sense, because it was expected that a messiah would come. It's seem as wrong because it did not fulfill the expectations of what the true Messiah shall fulfill in Judaism.

From what I have heard, in Islam there won't be any more prophets, if we don't count the Mahdi rising and Isa (Jesus) returning. So if anyone claims, their claim would be "invalid" from the start for Muslims who believe that way. I was wondering: do any Muslims believe it's a "valid" assumption that prophets could come again and receive revelations, or not?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  YOU are required to test all Prophets and any Prophesy AOYCascade 0 179 01-03-2017 12:36 PM
Last Post: AOYCascade
Question Why Prophets and Religions were in Midle East only?? DaniEl 21 2,518 01-12-2014 03:59 PM
Last Post: IBRAHIM OF ALGERIA
  Epileptic prophets shiverleaf15 34 5,186 11-08-2013 08:02 AM
Last Post: Herminator
  False Prophets theMIDDLEway 25 3,167 10-18-2011 11:40 PM
Last Post: kevlar
  Sainthood , Prophets , and Human Gods Achilles 65 5,867 12-04-2010 08:58 PM
Last Post: EqualAtheist
Exclamation There Can Be No Test Without Pain - All The Prophets Encountered Difficulties demir tekinalp 1 737 02-06-2010 10:17 PM
Last Post: biomystic

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)