Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sentience & Insentience
09-01-2017, 04:57 PM
Exclamation Sentience & Insentience
This discussion is open to all Mahayana, Vajrayana, Theravada, Other Religious Frameworks, and Your Own Unique Perspectives.

This is also a topic that has been arising lately in different forms and so I can imagine this will be a great discussion :anjali:

I had an experience a few days ago that I will most likely bring up with Shoryu Bradley (A Zen Teacher I Respect) and possibly some other authorities on the subject.

I was at the lake and if I remember correctly had been doing some Zazen in the forest in between quiet swimming and just enjoying the solitude and peaceful/restful nature of the area.

I am not sure what was going on at the moment but in a flash the need to hold onto "Awareness" & "Life" in any form kind of dropped off.

I came to understand that Sentience & Insentience kind of drop off in Emptiness.

Feel free to share all your views, sutras, tantras, quotes, whatever.

In general I would love to see how this develops.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2017, 05:59 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2017 07:29 AM by IMtM.)
RE: Sentience & Insentience
(09-01-2017 04:57 PM)cedartree Wrote:  I had an experience a few days ago that I will most likely bring up with Shoryu Bradley (A Zen Teacher I Respect) and possibly some other authorities on the subject.
It would be beyond awesome if you could share their thoughts on your experience. I may have a few inklings of knowledge on this stuff but I must cede the first word to those of higher standing in the Buddhist religion. If you could share what advice or insight they can give it would be nice. Smile

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)