Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sharia Law
02-03-2010, 08:14 AM
Sharia Law
Why do we see reports of Sharia courts sentencing women who have been raped to be whipped and jailed for their crime?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2010, 12:40 PM
RE: Sharia Law
(02-03-2010 08:14 AM)minus459 Wrote:  Why do we see reports of Sharia courts sentencing women who have been raped to be whipped and jailed for their crime?

Which sharia court you are talking minus459? can you give reference please?
02-04-2010, 09:13 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2010 09:28 AM by minus459.)
Well I could look it up if you like, but you wouldn't like it if I did. If I did you would tell me to read the Quran to prove that it must have been another religion completely unassociated with Islam. But we both know that what I said is completely accurate. Now if you insist I will post such reports, but you won't like it.
Why don't you answer the question instead of equivocating.
In Mogadishu, Somalia, gang rapists laughed as they were publicly flogged under orders from a Sharia judge. However, they were light flogging through their clothes that did not break their skin. They laughed as people watched the largely symbolic flogging. In the meantime, last October the Sharia court sentenced a rape victim to death by stoning.

Judge Abdul Haq insisted that punishment was warranted in the case of the gang rapists but, putting aside the light flogging, there remains a shocking difference in the treatment of women and men in this and other Islamic nations applying the harshest form of Sharia law, here.

http://jonathanturley.org/2009/03/11/som...-flogging/

On October 30, 2008, the United Nations condemned the stoning to death of Aisha Duhulowa, a 13-year-old girl who had been gang-raped and then sentenced to death by a Sharia court for fornication (Zina). She was screaming and begging for mercy, but when some family members attempted to intervene, shots were fired by the Islamic militia and a baby was killed.

Local Sharia courts in Bangladesh regularly punish raped minor girls and women by flogging and beating them with shoes.[1] Similar cases of punishing raped women are Mina v. the State, Bibi v. the State and Bahadur v. the State.[2] Sharia courts in Pakistan have punished thousands of raped women by long term imprisonment.[3]

You might think that such horrific barbarity cannot be the real Sharia law; that it is a misapplication of the law by ignorant clergy. Sadly, neither is true.

There is a traceable dynamic in Sharia Law that is bound to lead to this barbarity. And unless we abandon these laws we will never be able to emerge from this barbarity. It was a blunder that Muslim jurists included rape in the Hudood section of Sharia Law that deals with murder, bodily harm, apostasy, drinking, defamation, theft, adultery and highway robbery. But anyone who tried to change these laws ended up banging their heads against the wall. Mawdudi, the founding father of modern Political Islam, claims that even if all the world's Muslims together wanted to make the slightest change in these laws, they would not be allowed to do so.[4]

http://www.aina.org/news/20081117111817.htm

watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-7N5xy8Ztk

(CBS/AP) A Saudi court sentenced a woman who had been gang raped to six months in jail and 200 lashes - more than doubling her initial penalty for being in the car of a man who was not a relative, a newspaper reported Thursday.

The decision by the Qatif General Court came in a case that had sparked rare debate about the kingdom's justice system when it surfaced more than a year ago.

In its decision Wednesday, the court also roughly doubled prison sentences for the seven men convicted of raping the 19-year-old woman, the Arab News reported on its English-language Web site.

According to Arab News, the court said the woman's punishment was increased because of "her attempt to aggravate and influence the judiciary through the media."

The New York Times reported that her lawyer, Abdulrahman al-Lahem, is a well-known human rights activist who angered the court by publicly criticizing the verdict. He said the verdict was too lenient for the rapists and unjust for the victim.

The victim had initially been sentenced to 90 lashes after being convicting her of violating Saudi's rigid laws on segregation of the sexes.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/11/1...1560.shtml
02-04-2010, 09:37 AM
(02-04-2010 09:13 AM)minus459 Wrote:  Well I could look it up if you like, but you wouldn't like it if I did. If I did you would tell me to read the Quran to prove that it must have been another religion completely unassociated with Islam. But we both know that what I said is completely accurate. Now if you insist I will post such reports, but you won't like it.
In Mogadishu, Somalia, gang rapists laughed as they were publicly flogged under orders from a Sharia judge. However, they were light flogging through their clothes that did not break their skin. They laughed as people watched the largely symbolic flogging. In the meantime, last October the Sharia court sentenced a rape victim to death by stoning.

Judge Abdul Haq insisted that punishment was warranted in the case of the gang rapists but, putting aside the light flogging, there remains a shocking difference in the treatment of women and men in this and other Islamic nations applying the harshest form of Sharia law, here.

http://jonathanturley.org/2009/03/11/som...-flogging/

On October 30, 2008, the United Nations condemned the stoning to death of Aisha Duhulowa, a 13-year-old girl who had been gang-raped and then sentenced to death by a Sharia court for fornication (Zina). She was screaming and begging for mercy, but when some family members attempted to intervene, shots were fired by the Islamic militia and a baby was killed.

Local Sharia courts in Bangladesh regularly punish raped minor girls and women by flogging and beating them with shoes.[1] Similar cases of punishing raped women are Mina v. the State, Bibi v. the State and Bahadur v. the State.[2] Sharia courts in Pakistan have punished thousands of raped women by long term imprisonment.[3]

You might think that such horrific barbarity cannot be the real Sharia law; that it is a misapplication of the law by ignorant clergy. Sadly, neither is true.

There is a traceable dynamic in Sharia Law that is bound to lead to this barbarity. And unless we abandon these laws we will never be able to emerge from this barbarity. It was a blunder that Muslim jurists included rape in the Hudood section of Sharia Law that deals with murder, bodily harm, apostasy, drinking, defamation, theft, adultery and highway robbery. But anyone who tried to change these laws ended up banging their heads against the wall. Mawdudi, the founding father of modern Political Islam, claims that even if all the world's Muslims together wanted to make the slightest change in these laws, they would not be allowed to do so.[4]

http://www.aina.org/news/20081117111817.htm

watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-7N5xy8Ztk

(CBS/AP) A Saudi court sentenced a woman who had been gang raped to six months in jail and 200 lashes - more than doubling her initial penalty for being in the car of a man who was not a relative, a newspaper reported Thursday.

The decision by the Qatif General Court came in a case that had sparked rare debate about the kingdom's justice system when it surfaced more than a year ago.

In its decision Wednesday, the court also roughly doubled prison sentences for the seven men convicted of raping the 19-year-old woman, the Arab News reported on its English-language Web site.

According to Arab News, the court said the woman's punishment was increased because of "her attempt to aggravate and influence the judiciary through the media."

The New York Times reported that her lawyer, Abdulrahman al-Lahem, is a well-known human rights activist who angered the court by publicly criticizing the verdict. He said the verdict was too lenient for the rapists and unjust for the victim.

The victim had initially been sentenced to 90 lashes after being convicting her of violating Saudi's rigid laws on segregation of the sexes.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/11/1...1560.shtml

What this have to do with sharia law? do you what a sharia law is?
02-04-2010, 09:46 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2010 09:47 AM by minus459.)
I answered yours
02-04-2010, 09:49 AM
(02-04-2010 09:46 AM)minus459 Wrote:  Why don't you answer the question instead of equivocating.
I answered yours

Thats what I answered your questions, if you know what is sharia law, you would;nt have posted questionWink
02-04-2010, 10:00 AM
(02-03-2010 12:40 PM)TruthWon Wrote:  
(02-03-2010 08:14 AM)minus459 Wrote:  Why do we see reports of Sharia courts sentencing women who have been raped to be whipped and jailed for their crime?

In answer to your question read post 3, it details which sharia courts.
Now answer mine
02-04-2010, 10:04 AM
(02-04-2010 10:00 AM)minus459 Wrote:  
(02-03-2010 12:40 PM)TruthWon Wrote:  

In answer to your question read post 3, it details which sharia courts.
Now answer mine

And I replied to this post, that it has nothing to do with Sharia-law, so what else is your concern?
02-04-2010, 10:06 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2010 10:09 AM by minus459.)
I'm sorry where did you see LAW in my post?
and neither did your reply
02-04-2010, 10:23 AM
(02-04-2010 10:06 AM)minus459 Wrote:  I'm sorry where did you see LAW in my post?
and neither did your reply

You mentioned Sharia, and Islam in your posts, not sharia basicaly means Islamic law, so as you even dont know about this simple thing, how can you debate out here without any knowledge? Please come with preparation next time.....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Implementation of the Sharia Law worldwide? Stonecold 17 2,096 07-11-2011 02:40 AM
Last Post: kevlar
  Who created Sharia Law? Stonecold 11 7,419 04-27-2011 03:31 PM
Last Post: markymark
Exclamation Sharia Law Stonecold 16 1,397 01-29-2011 10:21 PM
Last Post: Abu Rashid

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)