Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should the Catholic Church be dismantled?
03-14-2010, 05:44 PM
Should the Catholic Church be dismantled?
The Catholic Church is being racked over the coals everywhere it exists as an institution that harbors child molesters. It was against God's design to create sexless all-male, all-female institutions so how long will Catholic families have to suffer from priestly abuse? Isn't it time to chuck the whole thing out the window of modern life as an unwanted anachronism of failed religious beliefs? Or how many more thousands of young boys will have to suffer?
Find all posts by this user
03-14-2010, 06:18 PM
RE: Should the Catholic Church be dismantled?
It's not as if every one of our priest is a pedophile and molester. The Church is trying to fix this problem, alright? Why don't we talk about how great your religion is for a change?

"that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years "

That doesn't seem like a pedophile to me at all. *rolls eyes*
03-14-2010, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2010 06:56 PM by Stereophonic.)
(03-14-2010 05:44 PM)biomystic Wrote:  ...it exists as an institution that harbors child molesters...

Unfortunately, such despicable acts are found in every institution. It happens in Islam, in Buddhism, Hinduism, atheism, et. al. We typically only hear about the problems in Catholicism, but it happens everywhere.
(03-14-2010 06:18 PM)Holy Babylon Wrote:  ..."that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years "...

http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles/sina/ayesha.htm

http://www.biblicaltraining.org/ --- http://www.ntwrightpage.com/
03-14-2010, 07:01 PM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2010 07:02 PM by Ahmadi.)
(03-14-2010 06:18 PM)Holy Babylon Wrote:  It's not as if every one of our priest is a pedophile and molester. The Church is trying to fix this problem, alright? Why don't we talk about how great your religion is for a change?

Holy Babylon, I agree with your above statement. Biomystic is not a Muslim so please do not swing at Islam while refuting his ideas.

I stand for religious freedom for all and do not like to stereotype. I have never even once talked about Priests and their character here. When the prophet married Ayesha she was anywhere from 12-18 years old and it was in keeping with the times and none of his contemporaries made an issue out of it, until we began to see people like Stereophonic having difficulty in defending Christianity, unless they lowered themselves into dirty politics. Here is an article about marriage of Ayesha who was a Queen for Muslims for all times to come:

http://muslimsunrise.com/dmddocuments/20...df#page=38

I am second coming of Thomas Paine. If you are a Christian, have you read Age of Reason?
03-14-2010, 07:52 PM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2010 08:44 PM by Stereophonic.)
(03-14-2010 07:01 PM)Ahmadi Wrote:  ...When the prophet married Ayesha she was anywhere from 12-18 years old and it was in keeping with the times...

Some of Mohammad's dozen or so wives (not including his slave girls) may have been between 12 to 18 years old when he married them, but we are here talking about Aisha, one of his two favorite wives, whom the Islamic records say was 9 years old when the 54-year-old "prophet" trundled her off to his marriage bed.

From the Encyclopedia of Islam, under "Aisha":

"Some time after the death of Khadija, Khawla suggested to Muhammad that he should marry either Aisha, the 6 year old daughter of his chief follower, or Sawda Zama, a widow of about 30, who had gone as a Muslim to Abyssinia and whose husband had died there. Muhammad is said to have asked her to arrange for him to marry both. It had already been agreed that Aisha should marry Djubayr Mutim, whose father, though still pagan, was friendly to the Muslims. By common consent, however, this agreement was set aside, and Muhammad was betrothed to Aisha... The marriage was not consummated until some months after the Hidjra, (in April 623, 624). Aisha went to live in an apartment in Muhammad's house, later the mosque of Median. She cannot have been more than ten years old at the time and took her toys to her new home."

03-14-2010, 09:43 PM
The way Stereophonic obsesses over Aisha's age, would seem that the all the dogma of Christianity and the Western civilization are hanging by a thin thread held only by Aisha's age. As I said in the previous post and have provided a link for an article to show that her age was 12-18 years at the time of marriage. Here is a quote from that article:

"Ayesha’s marriage at a young and impressionable age and the mutual love and harmony of her marriage helped her idealize her husband and his teachings to such a degree that she became a perfect student and an ideal teacher for generations to come."

I am second coming of Thomas Paine. If you are a Christian, have you read Age of Reason?
03-14-2010, 09:53 PM
Let's not get sidetracked about Muslims. The issue I am raising is the fact that child abuse within the Catholic Church is pandemic. Wherever the issue is being raised Catholics are coming forward to report abuse and the number of cases just keep growing and growing. It is unnatural for men to live together in large numbers and historically enough Catholic priests are taking out their sexual needs on children available to them to create a now well established pattern of child abuse. If the institution is founded on sexual dysfunctioning that channels sexual appetites towards innocent children it's time to jettison that institution and move on to morally healthier religious communities where such behavior doesn't happen or happens only rarely.
03-14-2010, 10:00 PM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2010 10:00 PM by Stereophonic.)
(03-14-2010 09:53 PM)biomystic Wrote:  ...It is unnatural for men to live together in large numbers...taking out their sexual needs on children available to them to create a now well established pattern of child abuse...

I agree with you to a point, but I don't know why you focus specifically on the Catholic Church when the same sort of thing happens in the Buddhist monastaries and when Islam's founder, by his own personal example, set the pattern for continuing sexual abuse of little girls.

03-15-2010, 06:20 AM
(03-14-2010 10:00 PM)Stereophonic Wrote:  
(03-14-2010 09:53 PM)biomystic Wrote:  ...It is unnatural for men to live together in large numbers...taking out their sexual needs on children available to them to create a now well established pattern of child abuse...

I agree with you to a point, but I don't know why you focus specifically on the Catholic Church when the same sort of thing happens in the Buddhist monastaries and when Islam's founder, by his own personal example, set the pattern for continuing sexual abuse of little girls.

In my country, the U.S.A., all male Buddhist monasteries are few and far between. The Catholic Church on the other hand has its all male, all female supposedly sexless communities all over the country, in most every major city. South of the border, the Catholic Church dominates all other religious institutions. That's a lot of Catholic priests and it's high time the whole Catholic Church organization received due scrutiny for violating the natural God-given sexuality of human beings, warping it into child abuse that should not be covered up but the root cause destroyed and that is the unnatural asexual all male/all female foundation of the Catholic Church.
03-15-2010, 07:00 AM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2010 08:02 AM by Stereophonic.)
(03-15-2010 06:20 AM)biomystic Wrote:  ...child abuse that should not be covered up...

Child abuse is wrong regardless of the source--Catholic priests, Buddhist monks, or Islam's founding "prophet," whose example has inspired the sexual abuse of countless millions of little girls around the world for the past 1400 years and counting.

The pedophilia problem in Catholic Church is fixable, since there is absolutely no Biblical warrant for imposing celibacy on the clergy. The pedophila problems in the Islamic world, by contrast, seem intractably imbedded due to the example and behavior of Islam's founding "prophet."

Why do you suppose the marriage age for girls is so low in Muslim countries such as Saudi Arabia and Iran? Why do you suppose that Ayatollah Khomeini taught that fathers should not allow their little girls to see their first blood before they are married?

Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Catholic Church exalts women PopeADope 4 660 03-26-2016 11:30 PM
Last Post: PopeADope
  You are always welcome back within the Catholic Church peacethroughunity 17 2,359 09-12-2012 12:27 PM
Last Post: damned2hell
  Anorexia Mirabilis and the Catholic Church Aingeal 26 12,806 06-05-2012 06:10 PM
Last Post: gallagherg
  Basics of Catholic Church TruthSearcher 45 10,772 02-08-2011 09:20 AM
Last Post: EqualAtheist
  A Modern Catholic Church Harlequenne 2 2,062 07-10-2010 09:12 PM
Last Post: Harlequenne
  The Catholic Church - The Truth TheCatholic 34 6,730 05-15-2010 09:52 PM
Last Post: prdamico
  I would Respect the Catholic Church more if it made a Woman the Next Pope! Azrael17 35 5,348 12-01-2009 06:16 AM
Last Post: Clementine

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)