Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should we take away citizenship of nudists
02-04-2010, 11:10 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2010 11:15 AM by Ahmadi.)
Should we take away citizenship of nudists
I have borrowed some of the information below from Yahoo news:

PARIS – French authorities have denied citizenship to a man whose French wife was wearing a face-covering veil, saying he had rejected national values of secularism and gender equality.

The government has been speaking out strongly against head-to-toe veils, and is moving toward banning them in public after a long public debate over French national identity in the age of globalization.

Critics call the face-covering veil a gateway to extremism, but the move to ban it has drawn fierce criticism from some of France's five million Muslims, who say such restrictions are based in fear and intolerance of Islam.

President Nicolas Sarkozy has called the veils degrading to women and unwelcome in France. Sarkozy, a law-and-order conservative whose relations with the Muslim community have often been fraught, has been a vocal proponent of an all-out ban on the burqa, niqab and other face-covering Muslim veils.

Opposition leftist parties have slammed Sarkozy's focus on the veil, which is believed to be worn by only several thousand women in France. Critics contend the issue is a political ploy to divert attention from more substantial issues and aimed at far-right voters ahead of regional elections next month.

Little is known about the man denied citizenship or his wife, as neither have been identified. News reports said the man is a Moroccan citizen and a member of the hard-line Tabligh missionary movement.

Immigration Minister Eric Besson said Wednesday the decision was rooted in French law, which permits authorities to reject applicants who fail to respect national values.Prime Minister Francois Fillon, who has the final say, has pledged to approve Besson's order.

I am not proponent of veil, I propose only modest dressing, but should we be forcing it and would the next world war be on the dress code?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100204/ap_o...VkZW5pZXM-

I am second coming of Thomas Paine. If you are a Christian, have you read Age of Reason?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2010, 11:18 AM
RE: Should we take away citizenship of nudists
As an aside Ahmadi, do you think Truthwon is helping your cause or the cause of Islam?
02-04-2010, 11:22 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2010 11:37 AM by Ahmadi.)
(02-04-2010 11:18 AM)minus459 Wrote:  As an aside Ahmadi, do you think Truthwon is helping your cause or the cause of Islam?

No one is perfect, except Muhammad and may be Jesus! I have not read most of his posts, but on the threads that I am active, he is doing a good job.

In the light of new developments in France and Switzerland are we going to change the Universal Declaration of human rights, or just turn a blind eye to them when it suits our purpose?

I am second coming of Thomas Paine. If you are a Christian, have you read Age of Reason?
02-04-2010, 11:37 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2010 11:37 AM by Parousia.)
Ahmadi,

They would never do that. Nudism is part of the French national identity. Tongue
02-04-2010, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2010 11:57 AM by Ahmadi.)
A good short documentary about Human rights:

http://www.humanrights.com/#/what-are-human-rights

Supplement that with this Google Knol and you have the complete story:

http://knol.google.com/k/zia-shah/the-un...umbuyp/67#

02-04-2010, 12:21 PM
(02-04-2010 11:22 AM)Ahmadi Wrote:  
(02-04-2010 11:18 AM)minus459 Wrote:  As an aside Ahmadi, do you think Truthwon is helping your cause or the cause of Islam?

No one is perfect, except Muhammad and may be Jesus! I have not read most of his posts, but on the threads that I am active, he is doing a good job.

In the light of new developments in France and Switzerland are we going to change the Universal Declaration of human rights, or just turn a blind eye to them when it suits our purpose?

Apparently Truthwon is a her
02-04-2010, 12:24 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2010 12:24 PM by Ahmadi.)
Makes it even better, so after all the Muslims have not enslaved their women!

02-04-2010, 01:24 PM
no they should be naked? I hope not. From my experience, of seeing me naked these days, uuuuuughhhhhhhhhhh
02-04-2010, 04:33 PM
As a Muslim I stand for morality in all parts of human society. All Muslims should be following the dictum:

"And help one another in righteousness and piety; but help not one another in sin and transgression." (Al Quran 5:3)

02-04-2010, 04:44 PM
and don't whatever you do laugh at a joke
right thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)