Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Show Business
09-30-2009, 12:35 PM
Show Business
Religion is show business, it's the folk art of human manipulation and everybody knows that "Annoying Grace" is any member of the church. Dont need a finger wagging nun to tell me whats right or wrong.....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2009, 12:51 PM
RE: Show Business
(09-30-2009 12:35 PM)Skippy the Punk Wrote:  Religion is show business, it's the folk art of human manipulation and everybody knows that "Annoying Grace" is any member of the church. Dont need a finger wagging nun to tell me whats right or wrong.....

Finger wagging?

In my day they used rulers. Sad
09-30-2009, 02:11 PM
Ah, Catholics are lucky. We fundamentalist baptists analyzed the scriptures to determine precisely what sort of "rod" was needed to avoid the spoiling of a child. Beating them with a rod was biblical, but we hated those who beat children with anything else. That was child abuse.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
09-30-2009, 03:54 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2009 03:55 PM by Parousia.)
(09-30-2009 12:35 PM)Skippy the Punk Wrote:  Religion is show business, it's the folk art of human manipulation and everybody knows that "Annoying Grace" is any member of the church. Dont need a finger wagging nun to tell me whats right or wrong.....

When you get down to it, everything is show business. If you want your memes to survive (or your genes for that matter), you need to package them in a way that will attract people and get them to pass them on. If you "don't want no religion" that is certainly up to you. But it being show business really should not affect that.

(Reference for the quote anybody? First correct responder gets a cool smiley.)
10-07-2009, 01:03 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2009 01:04 PM by Skippy the Punk.)
(09-30-2009 02:11 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  Ah, Catholics are lucky. We fundamentalist baptists analyzed the scriptures to determine precisely what sort of "rod" was needed to avoid the spoiling of a child. Beating them with a rod was biblical, but we hated those who beat children with anything else. That was child abuse.

The roots of child abuse are in religion. Prisons are full of adult children that were abused as children. Only a punk and a puke hits a child. You interrupt epi-genetic phases that are a necessity of the gene expression within that child. Child abuse is abuse no matter what means you use.
(10-07-2009 01:03 PM)Skippy the Punk Wrote:  
(09-30-2009 02:11 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  Ah, Catholics are lucky. We fundamentalist baptists analyzed the scriptures to determine precisely what sort of "rod" was needed to avoid the spoiling of a child. Beating them with a rod was biblical, but we hated those who beat children with anything else. That was child abuse.

The roots of child abuse are in religion. Prisons are full of adult children that were abused as children. Only a punk and a puke hits a child. You interrupt epi-genetic phases that are a necessity of the gene expression within that child. Child abuse is abuse no matter what means you use.
Anybody that would hit a child will sell their own mother under a streetlamp
10-07-2009, 04:49 PM
Nope. I know plenty of people who hit children regularly that practically worship their mothers, and would never sell them under a streetlamp. Often their mothers also hit them, and they grew to accept this as love.

I'm sorry, I agree with you that religion is bad, but you need to think through your arguments rationally before you post pure hatred here.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
10-07-2009, 07:08 PM
(09-30-2009 12:51 PM)Parousia Wrote:  

Finger wagging?

In my day they used rulers. Sad

Not a Ruler but a Foil!

I once got into a Fencing match with an 80 year old Nun over a huge disagreement.

I swear that Woman was crazy!
PS
I kicked her but by not getting mad at her back.

and she started the darn fight to.

"Hidden underneath the stoned cold surface of every Pious Person lays buried a Kinky Pervert, Stop bringing shovels, Where not digging!"-Azrael
10-07-2009, 09:08 PM
So you don't need morals? Alright, I'll see you on my next safari... Just kidding, but for real, morals that teach us right from wrong are what separate us from our pets.
10-07-2009, 09:11 PM
Morals do not come from religion. World history has taught us that better than anything else could. So I do not need a finger-wagging nun to tell me what's right or wrong. My sense of ethics is far better than her dogma.

10-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Lol, that nun thing has kept me laughing for the past half hour. I suppose your right though, through the repetition of our ancestors we have learned what ethics there are and how we shall choose between them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kings (the books, and the TV show) GTseng3 1 786 07-16-2009 11:13 AM
Last Post: Raphael

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)