Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Society’s Greatest Problem
10-06-2008, 04:16 AM
Society’s Greatest Problem
1. Our Problem

The Bible says, “…all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23) We have all done that which is wrong in the sight of the God who created us. We show how by nature we are sinners when we: lie, steal, lust, hate, curse God, disobey parents, have sex before marriage, commit adultery, covet, get drunk, etc.

The just punishment for our sin is death. The Bible says, “…the soul who sins shall die” (Ezekiel 18:4) and “…the wages of sin is death.”(Romans 6:23)

Because of God’s goodness, He must punish sinners, and God’s place of punishment for all eternity is Hell.

Our sin separates us from God.
[Image: Cross1.bmp]

2. God’s Solution

Because of God’s mercy and love, He has provided a way in which we can be forgiven of all our sins. The Bible says “For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly (Romans 5:6)… but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8)

Jesus Christ died upon the cross and took the punishment for the sins of those who would believe. Three days later He arose from the dead and is alive today!

God’s mercy provides the way of forgiveness
[Image: Cross2.bmp]

3. The Way of Forgiveness

Jesus Christ alone can provide the way of forgiveness, for He alone is the one who died on the cross for the sins of His people and He is the only one who rose from the dead.

Our good works cannot remove our sin, nor can going to church take away our sin. The only way that God has made for you to be forgiven is through Jesus Christ.

Jesus said, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”(John 14:6)

Jesus is the Only Way
[Image: Cross3.bmp]

4. Your Response

In order to be forgiven, the Bible says you must repent (turn from sin) and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ alone to save you.

“…if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved (Romans 10:9) …for "everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” (Romans 10:13)

The Bible says, “Behold, now is the favorable time; behold, now is the day of salvation.” (2 Corinthians 6:2)

Now is your day of salvation, so the question for you now is, “Are you prepared to surrender you life to Jesus and trust in Him to forgive your sins?”

If so, pray something like this:

“Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and need Your forgiveness. I believe that You died for my sins, then rose from the dead. I want to turn from my sins. I now ask you to have mercy on me and save me. I want to trust and follow You as Lord and Saviour. In Jesus' name. Amen.”

If you just prayed that prayer, then please contact us and we will email you some material to help you in your new Christian walk. Or if you would like more information on becoming a Christian then please contact us.

5. What Now?

If you repented and are trusting in Jesus Christ to save you, then the Bible gives you this promise: “...to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.” (John 1:12)

If you received Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, then the Bible makes it clear that your sins have been forgiven; you are no longer an enemy of God, but rather a child of God.

To Grow as a Christian:

- Read the Bible daily.
- Talk to God about everything (pray).
- Attend a Bible-preaching and believing church.
- Tell other people about how Jesus can forgive them.

For more information visit: http://www.Operation513.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2008, 04:18 PM
RE: Society’s Greatest Problem
Or you could just live your life and enjoy the time you have, instead of preparing for something that may or may not be there. Sounds like it would be a real let down if there turned out to be nothing there after you spent all this time and effort. And isn't reading the bible daily a little excessive?
10-06-2008, 05:53 PM
______ Wrote:Sounds like it would be a real let down if there turned out to be nothing there after you spent all this time and effort.

Would be more of a "let down" for you, if Heaven and hell are real.
10-07-2008, 09:56 AM
Josh_Williamson Wrote:
______ Wrote:Sounds like it would be a real let down if there turned out to be nothing there after you spent all this time and effort.

Would be more of a "let down" for you, if Heaven and hell are real.

Aye, it would. Although I'm just as certain it's NOT real as you are that it IS, so I don't lose any sleep over it.

And in most cases, isn't talking to imaginary people (*cough* prayer *cough*) considered delusional?

If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
10-07-2008, 06:42 PM
damian.hoffman Wrote:And in most cases, isn't talking to imaginary people (*cough* prayer *cough*) considered delusional?

Just as well I don't talk to imaginary people then, I talk to God which we know exists. Smile
10-08-2008, 08:03 AM
Josh_Williamson Wrote:
damian.hoffman Wrote:And in most cases, isn't talking to imaginary people (*cough* prayer *cough*) considered delusional?

Just as well I don't talk to imaginary people then, I talk to God which we know exists. Smile

No, you talk to a god which you believe exists. Big difference. And with how much "he" seems to meddle in daily affairs, you might as well be talking to yourself even if s/he does exist.

If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
10-08-2008, 06:42 PM
i love jesus, however, i don't like people who use him for their own benefit. then again, doesn't everyone. Are we afraid....???
10-09-2008, 03:25 PM
______ Wrote:Or you could just live your life and enjoy the time you have, instead of preparing for something that may or may not be there. Sounds like it would be a real let down if there turned out to be nothing there after you spent all this time and effort. And isn't reading the bible daily a little excessive?

if there turned out to be nothing, you'd not know whether or not you should be let down.

As Christians, we believe that our Bible is inspired and true. Yes, it's been translated by man, blah blah blah ... as believers, we don't nickel and dime it to death. It's called faith. We believe and worship the way it instructs.

I'd rather live my life as if heaven and hell are real than live my life in the hope that it isn't ... only to find out that it is. I believe it will be a tough seven years for those who aren't saved.

Justice -- When you get what you deserve.
Mercy -- When you don't get what you deserve.
Grace -- When you get what you don't deserve.
10-09-2008, 06:53 PM
I suppose I have a hard time blindly following something, especially if I have absolutely no solid reason to believe in it. Something that is as of yet unexplained is not proof of god in my opinion. Hundreds of years ago there were a lot more unexplained things than there are now, but that reasoning is still used. God didn't just stop being the reason for those things and pass it on to the laws of physics now did he? Its true that we will probably never have a rational explanation for everything, but those things we don't have an explanation for will be changing all the time. It seems to me like god is being used as filler, so instead of admitting we don't know how something works we say "thats how god intended it".

Also, if there does happen to be an afterlife, how do you know you have it right? Theres millions upon millions of possibilities, so what makes you 100% sure to be right? Since someone thousands of years ago wrote a story about 1 man who spoke to god thousands of years before that? I just can't believe in something that is based on a compilation of stories with little to no proof whatsoever.
10-10-2008, 09:50 AM
Well _________ ... when someone asks me about my faith and my blind following of Jesus Christ, my blind faith that the Bible is the inspired Word, God, Heaven and Hell ... which are the same questions that get asked all the time ... I respond with this:

Does your mother love you? They generally reply 'yes.' I ask them, "How do you know?" They generally reply "Well ... *snort* ... she's always been good to me ... she cooks, she does my laundry ... she takes care of me ..." To which I respond, "Those are just things ... tell me how you KNOW she loves you." This is followed by much more snorting and contorted face making ... "I JUST KNOW SHE DOES."

"Oh!" I respond ... "You have faith that she does?"

"Well, yeah" they say.

Huh ... you can't see that love ... it can't be proven by math, science or any of the other arguments that non-Chirstians toss about.

Now, having said all of that ... I'm a Christian. That's my choice. I have blind faith in Jesus Christ and God Almighty. According to my faith, my belief, my religion ... I believe that if I am not saved, which means admitting that I'm a sinner, believing that Jesus Christ is the Son of God born of a virgin, who died on Calvary to bridge the gap between God and my sinful nature, and committing my life to following the teachings of Jesus written in the inspired Word of God, a.k.a. The Bible, then yes, I will be judged on judgement day and when I am standing before Jesus -- who, btw, the Bible says is at the Right Hand of God, Jesus will say, Depart from me, for I know you not. And I would be. No second chances. I'm bound for eternity in hell.

Fortunately, for me ... I was saved at the age of 13. Not a problem for me.

So to answer your question abot what makes me 100% sure to be right? I practice the teachings of my faith. I believe what I believe.

Those who practice other teachings ... they have their own belief system, faith system, afterlife beliefs. I can't tell you anything about those as I don't practice them. Neither do I belittle them for their beliefs. I know where I will be when I die or when the trumpet sounds. That's all I need to know. I don't need to have formulas and scientific explanations ... I don't care.

The beauty of free will is exactly that ... free will. You are under no obligation to believe as I do. God's grace is a gift that is freely given to those who choose to accept and believe. Salvation is so simple that a child can understand it.

And, if I'm wrong ... so what? According to many, there is no afterlife. So ... ashes to ashes, dust to dust. We all rot and decay and become one with the earth.

But what if my faith is right? Have you thought of that? Have you thought of what you're immediate reaction will be when that wonderful trumpet sounds and Christians all over the world are gone? What will you do? Will you believe then? My friend, I'll tell you this ... you'll have seven years of examination, abomination and heartache and hardship to figure it all out. Find the closest bible you can and read. It tells you all you need to know.

I've read the bible, many times. I know the 'story.' I know how it ends. I know my place in it. I know where I'll be.

Justice -- When you get what you deserve.
Mercy -- When you don't get what you deserve.
Grace -- When you get what you don't deserve.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)