Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Spammer
01-11-2018, 02:38 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2018 02:39 AM by The_Squid.)
Spammer
Spammer @Glenny Sends me PMs and wants me to call a phone number. He has zero posts on the forum, but sends PMs.

I think he might be a pervert.

----------------------
Does anyone know where the love of God goes
when the waves turn the minutes to hours?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2018, 09:08 AM
RE: Spammer
(01-11-2018 02:38 AM)The_Squid Wrote:  Spammer @Glenny Sends me PMs..

Must like squid Smile

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters.
01-11-2018, 10:07 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2018 04:25 PM by Difflugia.)
(01-11-2018 02:38 AM)The_Squid Wrote:  Spammer @Glenny Sends me PMs and wants me to call a phone number. He has zero posts on the forum, but sends PMs.

I think he might be a pervert.

He was working me a few months ago. He's a Jehovah's Witness that wants you to start the standard JW Bible study with him. The normal door-to-door schtick is geared toward an in-person discussion, so I think that's what he's trying to emulate with the phone conversation.

I got him to agree to do the Bible study over PM and he sent me a list of topics that was just the table of contents of a JW book. He stopped PMing me after I recognized it and told him that I knew the JW routine.

The main method of JW proselytizing is to get the mark to agree to an in-home Bible study out of the book What Does the Bible Really Teach? (read it online or download it here). It's also fun to read their manual for going door-to-door, Reasoning From the Scriptures. It's in the JW online library here. It's mostly a bunch of "if someone asks this, you can say this" tips to try to keep people from slamming their doors in JW faces. Some JWs actually have it bound together with their Bibles (the only source of NWT Bibles is Watchtower and they're all the same, so it's a sort of prestige thing to have one rebound to look nice).

But I digress. I don't think Glenny is a pervert, but is just a regular JW clumsily trying to figure out how to integrate the internets with the old-school door-to-door thing.

EDIT: The link to Reasoning From the Scriptures was broken, so I fixed it.
01-12-2018, 06:27 PM
Is it a personal phone number or a business line?

Кровь за Кровь, Во Славу Великим!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-12-2018, 06:39 PM
(01-12-2018 06:27 PM)Satyros Wrote:  Is it a personal phone number or a business line?
Glenny Wrote:Is life in Pennsylvania free of crime?

Many thanks,
Glen (504) 655-2539

01-12-2018, 07:41 PM
Well it's not tied to a business, but it's from Louisiana.

Кровь за Кровь, Во Славу Великим!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-13-2018, 03:19 AM
Anyone call it yet?

----------------------
Does anyone know where the love of God goes
when the waves turn the minutes to hours?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)