Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stands up in the Arena and shouts to the crowd
02-19-2010, 10:59 PM
Stands up in the Arena and shouts to the crowd
I'm getting tired of beating up poor Muslims on these boards. I am feeling sorry for them being stuck in fundamentalist true believer land that most intellectual Christians and Jews left long ago with great relief.

Where are our modern Abrahamic believers so we can get into serious discussions about religious issues without having to digress endlessly into age old arguments of fundamentalists?

And where are the Jews here? Are there really no Jewish RF members posting the Jewish view of things?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2010, 12:24 AM
RE: Stands up in the Arena and shouts to the crowd
(02-19-2010 10:59 PM)biomystic Wrote:  I'm getting tired of beating up poor Muslims on these boards. I am feeling sorry for them being stuck in fundamentalist true believer land that most intellectual Christians and Jews left long ago with great relief.

Where are our modern Abrahamic believers so we can get into serious discussions about religious issues without having to digress endlessly into age old arguments of fundamentalists?

And where are the Jews here? Are there really no Jewish RF members posting the Jewish view of things?

It's Shabbat, even if we have any, they won't be online.

Pawol anpil pa leve le mo
Lavi m nan men Bondye o sen
02-20-2010, 01:44 AM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2010 01:45 AM by Phill.)
(02-20-2010 12:24 AM)Clementine Wrote:  
(02-19-2010 10:59 PM)biomystic Wrote:  I'm getting tired of beating up poor Muslims on these boards. I am feeling sorry for them being stuck in fundamentalist true believer land that most intellectual Christians and Jews left long ago with great relief.

Maybe you should have a look at what Shabbat really means. I honour it, not because it's a Jewish thing but because God installed it from the beginning of creation way before the Jewish nation ever existed. One of the jobs Jesus was sent to do was to show what it really meant and he observed it well. It's a pity so many people have forgotten it these days.

Qoute: I have not come to destroy the law, but to fullfill it!!!.
02-20-2010, 01:58 AM
(02-20-2010 01:44 AM)Phill Wrote:  

Maybe you should have a look at what Shabbat really means. I honour it, not because it's a Jewish thing but because God installed it from the beginning of creation way before the Jewish nation ever existed. One of the jobs Jesus was sent to do was to show what it really meant and he observed it well. It's a pity so many people have forgotten it these days.

I know what it means. However, any Jew will tell you Jesus broke the law multiple times in the Bible.

"The Messiah will lead the Jewish people to full Torah observance. The Torah states that all mitzvot (commandments) remain binding forever, and anyone coming to change the Torah is immediately identified as a false prophet. (Deut. 13:1-4)

Throughout the New Testament, Jesus contradicts the Torah and states that its commandments are no longer applicable. (see John 1:45 and 9:16, Acts 3:22 and 7:37) For example, John 9:14 records that Jesus made a paste in violation of Shabbat, which caused the Pharisees to say (verse 16), "He does not observe Shabbat!""

http://www.simpletoremember.com/articles...andjesus#2

02-20-2010, 02:01 AM
02-20-2010, 03:56 AM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2010 03:57 AM by Phill.)
(02-20-2010 01:58 AM)Clementine Wrote:  

I know what it means. However, any Jew will tell you Jesus broke the law multiple times in the Bible.

"The Messiah will lead the Jewish people to full Torah observance. The Torah states that all mitzvot (commandments) remain binding forever, and anyone coming to change the Torah is immediately identified as a false prophet. (Deut. 13:1-4)

Throughout the New Testament, Jesus contradicts the Torah and states that its commandments are no longer applicable. (see John 1:45 and 9:16, Acts 3:22 and 7:37) For example, John 9:14 records that Jesus made a paste in violation of Shabbat, which caused the Pharisees to say (verse 16), "He does not observe Shabbat!""

Of course mainstream Jews will tell you he broke the Sabbath, but did he really break it. The answer is a big NO. If you have a look at the Sabbath back from the Ten Commandments what does it say. " Though shall not work". Included to this is that anyone you have in your home..ie, a worker also shall not work.

This word called WORK to me means not working to earn income to sustain my family and myself. It is a day I will not go to work and it is as simple as that. I will do the dishes and cook dinner or whatever.

What Jesus was trying to say was that the Pharisees include so many extra things that one couldnt do on Sabbath that it became so stiffling that you couldnt even fart without becoming a Sabbath breaker.

God wasn't asking a big thing here in asking the Jews to keep the Sabbath, nor was Jesus. All he asked for was to keep 1 day a week aside to remember his creation. In my view this wasnt just for the Jewish peoples but for every soul on Earth. But the power hungry Pharisees made up there own rules on top of the ones put in place by God. Jesus only broke the Sabbath laws in their minds, not Gods. One sect of Christianity even went so far as to change the day God requested us to observe.
02-20-2010, 08:48 AM
(02-20-2010 03:56 AM)Phill Wrote:  
(02-20-2010 01:58 AM)Clementine Wrote:  

Of course mainstream Jews will tell you he broke the Sabbath, but did he really break it. The answer is a big NO. If you have a look at the Sabbath back from the Ten Commandments what does it say. " Though shall not work". Included to this is that anyone you have in your home..ie, a worker also shall not work.

This word called WORK to me means not working to earn income to sustain my family and myself. It is a day I will not go to work and it is as simple as that. I will do the dishes and cook dinner or whatever.

What Jesus was trying to say was that the Pharisees include so many extra things that one couldnt do on Sabbath that it became so stiffling that you couldnt even fart without becoming a Sabbath breaker.

God wasn't asking a big thing here in asking the Jews to keep the Sabbath, nor was Jesus. All he asked for was to keep 1 day a week aside to remember his creation. In my view this wasnt just for the Jewish peoples but for every soul on Earth. But the power hungry Pharisees made up there own rules on top of the ones put in place by God. Jesus only broke the Sabbath laws in their minds, not Gods. One sect of Christianity even went so far as to change the day God requested us to observe.

Actually know, the words included in the Torah include "create" and "heal" in what is forbidden in the 613 mitzvot.

If it was for everyone on earth it would have been included in the Noahide laws, and wasn't.

The 613 mitzvot not created by the pharisees, but laid down in Torah -- even the priests were forbidden to heal on shabbat.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)