Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Steve Jobs as Jesus
02-01-2010, 06:25 AM
Steve Jobs as Jesus
What would Christian friends make of this hijacking of religious symbols by the business world:

http://brainstormtech.blogs.fortune.cnn....-as-jesus/

just curious!

I am second coming of Thomas Paine. If you are a Christian, have you read Age of Reason?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2010, 11:45 AM
RE: Steve Jobs as Jesus
(02-01-2010 06:25 AM)Ahmadi Wrote:  What would Christian friends make of this hijacking of religious symbols by the business world:

just curious!

Yeah so..................
02-02-2010, 11:08 PM
OK, that is one response.

I am second coming of Thomas Paine. If you are a Christian, have you read Age of Reason?
02-03-2010, 10:12 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2010 10:14 AM by Stereophonic.)
(02-01-2010 06:25 AM)Ahmadi Wrote:  What would Christian friends make of this hijacking of religious symbols...

Certainly no one is rioting, burning, looting, or killing innocent children, as Muslims have been prone to do for far less offenses. Maybe turning the other cheek isn't such a bad idea after all...

http://www.biblicaltraining.org/ --- http://www.ntwrightpage.com/
02-03-2010, 10:19 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2010 10:21 AM by minus459.)
(02-01-2010 06:25 AM)Ahmadi Wrote:  What would Christian friends make of this hijacking of religious symbols by the business world:

just curious!

Ahmadi what makes you think that God can be offended by anything short of genocide (even that) that man can do. Even then he orders it at times apparently. If God can't fight his own battles, if He needs you or others to fight them for him . What sort of God is He?

Ahmadi I'm offended by that childs drawing, go and kill someone!!!!!!!!!!!!
02-03-2010, 02:04 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2010 02:04 PM by Ahmadi.)
If I were to say certain impolite things about the believing Christians or anyone here, I will be stopped by Parousia and resented by the parties concerned. So, I am just trying to understand, how far can one go in presenting Jesus Christ, the Pope or mother Mary, without offending the believing Christians. Obviously the issue of the Pope will be just in regards to the Catholics or Ex-Catholics.

02-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Well it appears it is targeted for a particular audience. Sure it's tasteless in my view. But lucky for freedom of speech so to speak...(hey thats catchy) Smile.

I wont be buying one anytime soon. Lucky he wasn't appealing to Muslims or he would have a Fatwa on his head ny now.

saying that, if the ad provokes people thinking about Jesus and what he did for the world then it's not a bad thing at all.
02-04-2010, 01:56 AM
(02-03-2010 02:04 PM)Ahmadi Wrote:  If I were to say certain impolite things about the believing Christians or anyone here, I will be stopped by Parousia and resented by the parties concerned. So, I am just trying to understand, how far can one go in presenting Jesus Christ, the Pope or mother Mary, without offending the believing Christians. Obviously the issue of the Pope will be just in regards to the Catholics or Ex-Catholics.

Hey Ahamdi

I take it by your above post you want to push the boundries a bit, but your are unsure about peoples reactions ?. In my view go for it and speak your mind. Nothing will offend me personally. I'm a prostestant Christian and dislike the little horn Papacy to a certain degree. You can even present the teachings of Jesus to your hearts content.
02-04-2010, 04:07 AM
That dislike is probably the result of following a religion derived from the original Christianity, this quite naturally induces a feeling of inferiority and jealousy which translates into dislike. Only natural.
02-04-2010, 06:57 AM
(02-04-2010 04:07 AM)minus459 Wrote:  That dislike is probably the result of following a religion derived from the original Christianity, this quite naturally induces a feeling of inferiority and jealousy which translates into dislike. Only natural.

No need to stereotype or be judgemental like that. We will keep comparing the basic beliefs and teachings of both religions, are they helpful to humanity and how much. In the thread Universal Declaration of human rights, I have presented the Quranic co-relation. Please make a case for the Bible there, to show the superiority of the Christian teachings that is making me and other Muslims so jealous!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)