Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Struggling with Islam
07-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Struggling with Islam
Salaamualekum

I am in a strange situation. I was born in a christian family but can remember a past life where I was a devout Muslim. I can automatically recite the sura al fatihah and sura al ikhlas. But I also have a past life memory of being a hindu ascetic and know the gayatri mantra and mahamrityantjaya mantra by heart.

I am confused. Particularly as Islam does not teach reincarnation.

Can anyone tell me what is going on.

Peace Wa'salaama
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2013, 09:37 PM
RE: Struggling with Islam
I feel Azrael may have something to tell you about this, seeing as he also has memories of past lives where he lived under varying conditions.
07-06-2013, 10:53 PM
(07-06-2013 09:30 PM)Simurgh Wrote:  Salaamualekum

I am in a strange situation. I was born in a christian family but can remember a past life where I was a devout Muslim. I can automatically recite the sura al fatihah and sura al ikhlas. But I also have a past life memory of being a hindu ascetic and know the gayatri mantra and mahamrityantjaya mantra by heart.

Peace Wa'salaama

I have had memories of past lives too.
The types of memories we have might be drastically different however.
For example I do not for whatever reason retain the languages they spoke, I only speak English but I very strongly believe I have their memories.
The majority of the memories I have of my own past lives are of when they where dying or did die.

I believe that you have been reincarnated. More than once.
Did you say you where raised Christian?
How vivid are these memories?
Do you remember places, names, and who you where and what you did?

I for example remember being a swordsman in Japan and I had a group of followers we where in a battle and some one on my side ran me through with his sword betraying me and the others, as I fell to the ground my lungs began to fill with blood I saw each of my friends panic and begin to run toward me but in their panic they where slaughtered with out my guidance. I also remember being an Alchemist who blew himself up while working on an Experiment.

There are two types of ideals with those who come to believe in Reincarnation such as myself,
Either the Theological Aim is to Cease to Reincarnate and go to Paradise
or the Theological Aim is to Keep Reincarnating forever which some view as a type of immortality because the soul will keep coming back. As odd as this sounds at least three of my past lives wanted to Reincarnate forever, while myself and many others want to stop Reincarnating.

"Hidden underneath the stoned cold surface of every Pious Person lays buried a Kinky Pervert, Stop bringing shovels, Where not digging!"-Azrael
07-08-2013, 03:38 PM
I think you mixed all opinions as a mixer. I know you are not a Muslim, so Who are you now? A Christian or a Hindu ?
07-08-2013, 05:17 PM
How do you KNOW he is not a Muslim? If he were a Muslim, and had memories of what he thought was past lives, what would make him, not a Muslim? I am just curious. Should he lie about his memories to remain in good standing with other Muslims?

If everyone was thinking the same thing, then no one would be thinking at all.
07-11-2013, 10:30 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2013 10:31 PM by reXanation.)
Islam is a Detailed religion.

It is very interesting to Learn about. I enjoy discussing Islam with Educated, Well Learned and Devout Muslims.

Mostly because I can Learn about the TRUTH of the Faith {.. CLAIMS } of Islam.
07-12-2013, 01:08 AM
(07-06-2013 09:30 PM)Simurgh Wrote:  Salaamualekum

Peace Wa'salaama

It's interesting that you chose to use the term "Simurgh" Simurgh.... Since it is an important figure in the Shah Nameh by Firdausi...

but as to your "strange situation" the only thing I can recommend off hand would be to embark on a search and while doing that to be selfless and open..

One book I'd recommend is called the "Seven Valleys":

http://bahai-library.com/writings/bahaullah/sv/

It is loosely similar to Attar's Conference of the Birds.

"All religions, arts, and sciences are branches of the same tree."
07-12-2013, 07:34 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2013 10:50 AM by beyond the horizon.)
(07-08-2013 05:17 PM)EqualAtheist Wrote:  How do you KNOW he is not a Muslim? If he were a Muslim, and had memories of what he thought was past lives, what would make him, not a Muslim? I am just curious. Should he lie about his memories to remain in good standing with other Muslims?

Let me to say a real story ( of course I excuse that my English is not very good to explain better ) :

In the Islam messenger time, when Islam was improving between non- Muslim people a group of Jews' rectors became concerned. They became worried that the Jews tend to Islam and convert to it. They inevitably made a very deceptive plan. Some of them said to each other (in privacy) : we should make an effective solution. Some of us have to go in the presence of Mohammad tomorrow morning and claim we want to covert to Islam. According to this planning ,we will confirm we have become Muslim in the presence of the Muslims and the common Jews. Then we will behave as a Muslim tomorrow up to the sundown time. At that time we suddenly will proclaim we haven't found what we have expected of Islam before and it hasn't made us any good sense, therefore we want to convert to Judaism again. Thus, other Jews that are prepared to convert to Islam, will change their determination, will refuse Islam and will remain Jewish.

They didn't notice to the Lord's promise :

" those who prefer this life more than the everlasting life, and bar others from the way of Allah and seek to make it crooked they are in far error. (3) "
07-12-2013, 09:54 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2013 09:55 PM by Yefet.)
That's kind of what I did to get a better Comcast deal, I went to direct tv for a while the whole time knowing that I was going back to comcast, wanted the leverage, didn't work this time either, Silly Jews when will we learn !!
07-12-2013, 10:27 PM
(07-12-2013 09:54 PM)Yefet Wrote:  That's kind of what I did to get a better Comcast deal, I went to direct tv for a while the whole time knowing that I was going back to comcast, wanted the leverage, didn't work this time either, Silly Jews when will we learn !!

LoL

You know I am kind of like that but only if free food is involved.

"Hidden underneath the stoned cold surface of every Pious Person lays buried a Kinky Pervert, Stop bringing shovels, Where not digging!"-Azrael

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)