Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Taking Christianity seriously
07-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Taking Christianity seriously
As Christians are marginalized around the globe, should we be worried about radical Christians committing acts of terrorism to bring their views to the fore.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2008, 05:16 PM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2008 05:19 PM by Bobin.)
RE: Taking Christianity seriously
I can say faithfully that although Christians will be persecuted now and for times to come for what we belive in, I belive that a true Christian will never turn to violence for the answer.

In my opinion I think we should be more worried about the Islamic Radicals who are commiting acts of terrorism in the name of Allah and their 76 virgins they belive they will be rewarded once they reach heaven. Even 9/11 was an act based on that. On the other hand, Christians will never do such acts soley based on the fact that thats not what the Bible teaches. The Quran, The Islamic Holy book has this verse:

Quote:kill them wherever you find them… Surah Al-Baqarah 2: 191

And I am intersted to know since this is the first I heard that Christians are commiting acts of terrorism if you can provide any proof of what kind of terrorism is being commited by Christians. Thanks

True religion is real living; living with all one's soul, with all one's goodness and righteousness~ Albert Einstein

Live like everyday is your last~ Anonymous
07-18-2008, 06:04 AM
Big Grin RE: Taking Christianity seriously
Christianity is the religion followed by majority of the people in the globe. The holy book of the Christians is "The Bible" which motivates people to love others and accompany the needy, which attracts many people towards Christianity naturally. So, I feel a person brought up under such situations will never even think of involving in any sort or terrorist activities.

---------------
Stella Rose
viral marketing
07-20-2008, 02:02 AM
RE: Taking Christianity seriously
Islam is derived from the word salaam, meaning peace. You should go to the Quran and hadith and separate what the true religion of Islam says from what
is portrayed in the media. Islam literally means 'submission to God'
and is derived from a root word meaning 'peace'.
NOWHERE DOES ISLAM ENJOIN THE KILLING OF INNOCENTS. The term Jihad literally means struggle. The greater jihad is the inner struggle of the soul which everyone wages against egotistic desires for the sake of attaining inner peace. According to Muslim belief, Jesus(pbuh) is one of the greatest messengers of God. Muslims are taugh to love Jesus and a person cannot be a muslim without beleiving in the virgin birth and miracles of Jesus Christ (peace be upon him). The Quran mentions the birth and miracles of Jesus (PBUH).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Taking back control of Religion Forums.org biomystic 78 7,514 09-19-2010 10:10 AM
Last Post: may

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)