Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Teachings of female enlightened sage Metta Zetty...
02-11-2018, 03:15 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2018 03:17 AM by ajay0.)
Teachings of female enlightened sage Metta Zetty...
A link to an insightful website containing the teachings of Metta Zetty, a modern female Buddha or enlightened sage .

Metta in Buddhism means benevolence or loving kindness. It is an ancient pali term that stems from the sanskrit term Maitri.

Some insightful sayings of Metta Zetty's ....

Quote:We are not separate from the Natural Awareness we experience within the present moment.

Awareness is the backdrop against which all individual consciousness and experience arises. As such, it is the unmoved, ever present Essence of All That Is. We may become actively involved with, or even distracted by, that which appears within the field of individualized consciousness or human experience, but even in the midst of all this mental and physical activity, our inherent, Natural Awareness remains the undisturbed constant.

Consciousness is inherently personal and individualized, while Awareness is comprehensively nondual.

It is also important to remember that brutality, cruelty and intolerance arise from a profoundly narrow sense of identity, which limits our ability to understand and relate to others.In contrast, compassion is born of a broad sense of identity, which enables us to identify with others -- and to experience forgiveness.

In this process, it can help to remember that pain is an inherent aspect of finite, physical experience. Suffering, on the other hand, is a mental / psychological / emotional construct, and while it arises naturally in conjunction with any narrow, individual identification, it is an experience we do not have to create.

Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta

Awareness is the great non-conceptual perfection. - Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. - Eckhart Tole
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2018, 11:32 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2018 01:33 PM by Visqueen.)
RE: Teachings of female enlightened sage Metta Zetty...
Hi, my name is burke and I'm a pathetic human being with nothing to do and because I have so much time on my hands all I can think to do is troll and spam a tiny little site on the net. I am to be pitied because I am such a waste of time, the space I take up both physically and here on this site, and the oxygen I breathe, hence depriving others actually worthy of making better use of that oxygen. I am a very sad small person with no power and I will apparently keep doing this because I am powerless in my actual life. I am a very pitiful creature, no doubt plagued by serious mental health issues which are not being addressed properly and I lash out the only way I can for free - spamming this small site.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Metta Sutta Spiny Norman 1 440 05-14-2014 07:38 AM
Last Post: IMtM
  Female Buddhists needed! University Survey- please help!! WittResearch 2 909 01-28-2013 10:10 AM
Last Post: sharonsaw

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)