Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The 23 Religion [find the truth]
10-19-2009, 01:37 PM
The 23 Religion [find the truth]
Site URL:http://the23religion.omgforum.net/ (Blog)
http://the23religion.omgforum.net/forum.htm (Forum)
23 is one of the most commonly cited prime numbers - a number that can only be divided by itself and one. Twenty three is the lowest prime that consists of consecutive digits. Primes have been described as the "atoms" of mathematics - the building blocks of the world of numbers. An American businessman has put up a US$1m (£500,000) prize for the first mathematician to find a pattern in primes - a problem known as the Riemann hypothesis.

More freaky numerical coincidences: Charles Darwin's Origin of Species was published in 1859 - 1+8+5+9 = 23. Two divided by three makes 0.666 recurring (allegedly - actually it makes 0.6666666667). The Hiroshima bomb was dropped at 8.15am - 8+15= 23.

The Ancient Chinese believed numbers conveyed sexuality - evens for feminine and odds for masculine. They considered prime numbers to be the most masculine, conferring special status on 23 which is made up of two consecutive prime numbers and the only even prime number - two.

In the disaster movie, Airport, the bomber has seat 23. The number of crosses on Calvary at the end of the Monty Python film, The Life of Brian, is 23. In Die Hard With A Vengeance, a train derails in subway station 23. The lead characters in the Coen brothers' film The Big Lebowski always used Lane 23 at the bowling alley. In the television series Lost, one of the combination of six numbers that haunt the characters and they have to input to a computer to avoid an unknown fate is 23.

Three days ago me and one friend of mine started a site to praise about the magnificent power of the No.23.. If you want to participate and help our site grow bigger please register Big Grin
Any comment will be appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-19-2009, 02:47 PM
RE: The 23 Religion [find the truth]
1. Your "interesting statistics" require a base 10 system. This has not been a constant throughout history. Base 5 and base 60 systems were common in other civilizations, which causes all these coincidences to fall apart. This is one of the greatest flaws with number theory.

2. As the marvelous PBS show, "Square One" taught us, if you break apart, rearrange, and add numerals to each other enough you can get all sorts of different numerals. This was actually the subject of a recurring mathematical magic trick bit, where a cast member would get a mysterious phone call that instructed them to perform various mathematical functions to a random number, which would come out to a predestined answer. Thus, 23 is in no way special.

3. Why the Origin of Species and Hiroshima? Why not the birth of Christ (6 according to certain systems), the publishing of the special theory of relativity (1+9+0+5 = 15, 1+5 = 6). And of course the famous 666. So clearly 6 is the mystic number, not 23.

4. 23 is a common number used in movies, due to its popularity with Discordianism. 42 is also a popular movie number (links to Douglas Adams), as well as 47 if I recall correctly, though I cannot at the moment recall why.

So, 23 is a prime number. And of course all primes are mathematically fascinating. But 23 is only made up of 2 and 3 in a base 10 system. In a base 5 system it becomes 43, which screws the whole theory up. In a hexadecimal system it becomes 17, another prime number. Rule of thumb when toying with mystical numbers: sums could mean something, but numeral order means nothing.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
10-19-2009, 02:57 PM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2009 02:59 PM by amaklp.)
whats your opinions about the site?
NO
23 is GOD
10-19-2009, 03:02 PM
It's entirely based on a faulty premise, and there is nothing unique or special about 23. Look in our numbers forum. You can do this sort of stuff with any number.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
10-19-2009, 03:03 PM
yes,
but 23 is a special number
10-19-2009, 03:16 PM
Only in the sense that it's not 22 or 24. Simply stating something does not make it so.

10-19-2009, 03:19 PM
omg
u dont believe in 23? :O
same on u :@
10-19-2009, 03:23 PM
I know, it's amazing how when you say stupid stuff, you'll occasionally run into someone smarter who doesn't believe it. OMG indeed.

For everyone watching, lets explain again how "burden of proof" works. We have a rational universe, free from mystical entanglements, god, magic, and (dare I say it?) Eris. All of our scientific studies have shown this. Rational, rational, rational, all the way down to its core. Time and time again this is proven.

Thus, when attempting to prove, say, a miracle, or god, or angels, or Nostradamus, or that a certain number has magical, mystical significance, the burden of proof falls upon you. I await what will no doubt be a thoughtful and well-reasoned answer to this challenge.

10-19-2009, 03:25 PM
whatever
23 is god
and we all know that
10-19-2009, 03:34 PM
While I admire your attempt at Socratic dialogue in an attempt to illuminate this complex and multi-sided issue, I must point out the flaw in your reasoning. You state, quote:

Quote:and we all know that

Complete with a masterful use of capitalization and punctuation that illustrates the minimalist school of thought. And by minimalist I mean nonexistent. However, as of yet this discussion is only between you and I. The others who frequent these forums have not chimed in. Thus, "we" can only have two connotations. Either you are insane, which is a possibility, or else you mean both of us.

However, I remain quite skeptical of your views of 23 being god, since I do not believe in a god, I do not believe in your number theory, and I do not believe in your rational judgment. Thus, your statement is incorrect. "we [sic]" do not all know that. You know that. You know that with all the conviction of a man who believes he can breathe vacuum.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Find Peace luvurcreator 64 1,952 05-26-2017 09:23 AM
Last Post: Caesar Saladin
  How to find peace? surrendersacrifice 5 654 07-22-2013 04:45 PM
Last Post: nihilist666
  Find the Best Religion for You DanaDana 6 873 06-21-2011 02:34 PM
Last Post: Painkiller
  Help me find a gift friedsushi87 9 1,433 12-21-2010 12:17 PM
Last Post: EqualAtheist
Exclamation Darkness and how to find it. sereda008 6 1,115 01-22-2010 12:57 PM
Last Post: sereda008

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)