Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Afterlife: The Unfair
07-19-2010, 02:41 AM
The Afterlife: The Unfair
Lately religion has terrified me, it seems i'm looking at it in a way no one else has. Just scroll down to see my point of view.

Immagine this scenario.

A child is born, raised to believe a religion, years later another religion is mentioned to him. Two things could happen. The child would think "oh that sounds silly, they are going to be punished in the next life, glad I'm not one of them." Where on the other side of the world where the scenario is flipped, the child would think the same thing.

Or. They would think. "Wait, theres more religions? Well how do I know wich one is correct, there can only be one true religion." That child could walk the face of the earth trying to find the correct religion for the rest of his life, but would not have a difinitive answer. I know, its all about free will to accept that one true religion, but if somone just wants to be accepted into the next life without being mercifully tortured or be a rock, all it is is taking a stab in the dark, or accepting what you learned as a child. Even if you do find a religion that "suits" you, its more based on personal reasons, not wich is correct.

Why is being a great fiendly person willing to accept a higher form of being created all not good enough? When faced with all theese religions, & taking that stab in the dark, I mean, if somone isnt opposed to any religion, & is willing to accept, why is this not enough? It's like being lead through a twisted terrifying maze & if you dont find the correct exit you are brutally tortured. You want to get the right exit, deeply, truely, but you just do not know, can you realy be blamed for this?

Anyone can make up scientific theories to wich god is correct, but you still cannot know for sure. I feel like i'm dreadfully walking throgh life, waiting untill my body depletes of energy, only to find that the exit ive taken is going to be wrong. Then the eternity of pain & suffering can take place.

Does no one agree with me? Does nothing ive said make sense? I'm truely lost & its killing me every day. I'm watching for signs, but I have seen none. May whatever God exist have pitty on my soul.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-2010, 08:48 AM
RE: The Afterlife: The Unfair
If you think religion is all about choosing the "correct exit" so that you won't be "brutally tortured" in the afterlife, then it sounds to me like you have quite a bit of "unlearning" to do before you can ever begin to start really learning about faith.

http://www.biblicaltraining.org/ --- http://www.ntwrightpage.com/
07-20-2010, 05:14 AM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2010 05:14 AM by ghostshell88.)
I'm not saying thats all it is, i'm just trying to get answers about the afterlife, if what i'm saying is true.
07-20-2010, 08:42 AM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2010 08:59 AM by Stereophonic.)
Life the best life you can in this life, and then the afterlife will take care of itself.

Now if you want my take on the various religions, here it is:

The minor religions in the world haven't been able to capture the hearts and minds of many people, so put them on the backburner. Don't go there unless all of the major religions fail to satisfy.

The Christian (2.2 billion) faith is the largest of all the major world religions.

Islam is the second largest religion (1.2 billion).

Then Hinduism (800 million) comes in at a distant third, with Buddhism (400 million) in fourth place.

Judaism is usually counted as a major world religion, even though there are only about 25 million adherents.

These are generally regarded as the five major world religions. Yes, there are other religions (just look around this forum to see what they are). But practically speaking, these five that I have mentioned are the only ones that have stood the test of time and appealed to various ethnicities and geographic regions.

If you want to really learn these religions, you will do two things. First of all, you will find the best scholarship available for each religion, and learn how the educated adherents understand their respective faiths. Secondly, you should look at the best criticisms that each of the religions directs toward the others.

Now I am a Christian, so of course I believe the Christian faith stands above all of the other major world faiths. The Christian faith is the only one that tells us that God cares about us so much that he actually became human like us, and shared our human condition. Moreover, the Chrisian faith has done more good for more people than any other religion or philosophy in all of human history. Obviously there's much more to say, but no one likes to read long posts, and you're the one who needs to do the research yourself if you're really interested in learning.

07-20-2010, 07:48 PM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2010 08:35 PM by Venedi.)
(07-20-2010 08:42 AM)Stereophonic Wrote:  Life the best life you can in this life, and then the afterlife will take care of itself.

Now if you want my take on the various religions, here it is:

The minor religions in the world haven't been able to capture the hearts and minds of many people, so put them on the backburner. Don't go there unless all of the major religions fail to satisfy.

You know, if you take all of the adherents of Chinese folk religion, you have about 396 million people. Add together all ethnoreligious, tribal, or indigenous religions from South America, Africa, Asia, and Austrialia, Haiti, etc. you get over 10% of the world. Over 10%, part of a local, native tradition instead of or in addition to a world religion. That's actually larger than Buddhism.

I don't disagree with that advice, but I'm not really pleased with your rationale. Whenever you talk about the number of adherents a religion, there is a complex story behind it. Zoroastrianism was once very large, and it didn't just die on its own, you know. What of the Christians who once filled Egypt and Asia Minor? Did Christianity simply stop capturing their hearts after the Islamic conquest? Let's not forget what European colonialism did for Christianity either. Empires homogenize people culturally, wiping out the local belief to replace it with the unifying one. The division of people among fewer and fewer traditions as time progresses is only a product of this. That most of my culture is Christian is no more remarkable to me than the fact that I am currently writing with Roman characters in a Latin/Germanic hybrid language.

Converting to a minority religion means having few people you can relate to spiritually, and often practicing things alien to the culture you are immersed in. There is no reason to take such pains unless you feel the pressing need to. That is why one should hope to find fulfillment in one of the world religions (if any at all), and look at them first. I doubt their status makes them any more likely to be compatible with you on a personal level though.
07-20-2010, 08:35 PM
(07-20-2010 07:48 PM)Venedi Wrote:  ...I don't disagree with that advice, but I'm not really pleased with your rationale...

My point is that no one can possibly learn all there is to know about even one single religion, much less all of the multiple "minor" religions such as the ones you mentioned. Given that our time on earth is limited, and our study time so scarce, it makes sense to sift some of the chaff.

07-20-2010, 11:31 PM
(07-19-2010 02:41 AM)ghostshell88 Wrote:  Lately religion has terrified me, it seems i'm looking at it in a way no one else has. Just scroll down to see my point of view.

Immagine this scenario.

A child is born, raised to believe a religion, years later another religion is mentioned to him. Two things could happen. The child would think "oh that sounds silly, they are going to be punished in the next life, glad I'm not one of them." Where on the other side of the world where the scenario is flipped, the child would think the same thing.

Or. They would think. "Wait, theres more religions? Well how do I know wich one is correct, there can only be one true religion." That child could walk the face of the earth trying to find the correct religion for the rest of his life, but would not have a difinitive answer. I know, its all about free will to accept that one true religion, but if somone just wants to be accepted into the next life without being mercifully tortured or be a rock, all it is is taking a stab in the dark, or accepting what you learned as a child. Even if you do find a religion that "suits" you, its more based on personal reasons, not wich is correct.

Why is being a great fiendly person willing to accept a higher form of being created all not good enough? When faced with all theese religions, & taking that stab in the dark, I mean, if somone isnt opposed to any religion, & is willing to accept, why is this not enough? It's like being lead through a twisted terrifying maze & if you dont find the correct exit you are brutally tortured. You want to get the right exit, deeply, truely, but you just do not know, can you realy be blamed for this?

Anyone can make up scientific theories to wich god is correct, but you still cannot know for sure. I feel like i'm dreadfully walking throgh life, waiting untill my body depletes of energy, only to find that the exit ive taken is going to be wrong. Then the eternity of pain & suffering can take place.

Does no one agree with me? Does nothing ive said make sense? I'm truely lost & its killing me every day. I'm watching for signs, but I have seen none. May whatever God exist have pitty on my soul.

Afterlife is not about religion, it is just another form of life. Just like you pass from kindergarten to elementary school, then high school, maybe university and so on, passing from physical to after life is just another step in your personal development. When you die here you pass on to "there". Your earthly life is being evaluated, failures and achievement pointed out. There is always room for growth. Religion is just a guide to decent living, no, St.Peter does not wait for you there to punish you.
As we have families on earth, we have families over there, not necessarily the same people on both places. After all, your school master is not necessarily your father. It is not God that comes for you when your time is up, it is someone close to you like a senior family member.
I worked with the subject for many years, you might want to check out my website http://www.ThinkTankGraphics.ca
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-21-2010, 12:08 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2010 12:09 AM by Venedi.)
(07-20-2010 08:35 PM)Stereophonic Wrote:  
(07-20-2010 07:48 PM)Venedi Wrote:  ...I don't disagree with that advice, but I'm not really pleased with your rationale...

My point is that no one can possibly learn all there is to know about even one single religion, much less all of the multiple "minor" religions such as the ones you mentioned. Given that our time on earth is limited, and our study time so scarce, it makes sense to sift some of the chaff.

I wouldn't consider any of the things I have mentioned minor, on this thread, or in the identical one. Judaism is not the only religion to be noteworthy without being large. Folk religion involving animism and shamanism, for instance, may arguably be called the oldest and most universal form of religion. Others might have some other merit. However, as you say, there are five world religions with their own merits, in addition to criticisms. Most people can find one they believe in, and are happy when they have done so.
09-20-2010, 08:04 PM
(07-19-2010 02:41 AM)ghostshell88 Wrote:  Lately religion has terrified me, it seems i'm looking at it in a way no one else has. Just scroll down to see my point of view.

Immagine this scenario.

we will never no what happens after death until it happens its as simple as that

"Although we are puny and insignificant on the scale of the cosmos, this makes us in a sense the lords of creation." -- Stephen Hawking --
09-20-2010, 08:40 PM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2010 08:41 PM by The Word.)
Quote:Does no one agree with me? Does nothing ive said make sense? I'm truely lost & its killing me every day. I'm watching for signs, but I have seen none. May whatever God exist have pitty on my soul.

Paradise for All

When the last person dies during the melting of the earth's crust, it will be the end of this age and the beginning of a new one. The Battle of Armageddon, which was the battle between the invisible Word of God and the sins of man's flesh will come to an end after a 6,000 year war.

This age was only meant to gather the prophets, Jesus and us saints to speak the Word of God because we were created as the Word. God made the flesh of man to rebel against him by inflicting all the DNA with genetic sins. This is why they were mortal and had to die during this age. In order for God's chosen ones to hear his truth, the world had to be filled with liars.

Revelation shows that Satan, the beast and all flesh will be thrown into the lake of fire for eternal death. This lake of fire is the hot molten lava which will melt the crust of the earth and everything on or in it. Many people think this is the end for those who are tossed in this fire but God didn't create us as the flesh. He created us in his image of thoughts so we're all thoughts in God who live for eternity. These thoughts are the heart, mind and soul of each person God created.

The Word was created with all of God's thoughts to be like God with a voice. The rest of creation was spoken into existence with the voice of God, which is also light energy. The prophets, Jesus and us saints were the flesh who the Word used to speak through.

The next age of paradise will be set up on the same earth we live on now but it will be totally changed for us. The earth's crust has to be melted by hot molten lava to make a new level earth to fit 200 billion people and all the rest of God's bodies he needs for his creation. Here's the story about paradise for all.

After we die, it will seem like the blink of an eye, as Paul once described, when we wake up in new bodies. These new bodies won't have any stored up memories so it will be like having amnesia. The first people on earth will be the former prophets, Jesus and saints and they will wake up in new adult bodies. We won't recognize each other in the flesh but we'll have the knowledge of God to help us identify that we are brothers. This knowledge will guide us with commands to start naming the things in paradise as God helps us form the words for a new vocabulary and language of truth.

God needs to communicate with us by the words in our vocabularies so when we finish naming God's created bodies on earth, then he can start communicating to us as we speak to each other. He'll want us at a certain level of understanding and language skills before the first new man is formed in the flesh like Adam and Eve in the first age. These are the former sinners that didn't obey God during the age of judgement. Adam and Eve will have the first reborn babies in paradise but instead of one body with both male and female genetic traits in it like during this age, there will be two bodies of the opposite sex. These children will grow up together and remain partners for eternity. They will help in repopulating the new earth with former sinners.

The former prophets, Jesus and us saints are known in Revelation as the New Jerusalem. God used Ezekiel to prophecy about these people who will be the new uncorruptible government and God on earth. They will be available to teach the new language to the citizens who are born into the world and to keep the peace and joy with the truth and love of God, which is the knowledge he created us with. Never again will the people be oppressed and enslaved by a government or the rich. This government won't use any currency because God will supply the needs of everyone. The language of truth will be the only language spoken on earth so noboby will be in confusion. Without sins of the flesh to deceive the thoughts in their minds, fear will be unknown so this is why paradise will be a peaceful existence for us.

The old crust with mountains and ocean beds with frozen polar caps will now be leveled when the hot lava cools down and gravity keeps these irregular formations from happening. God needed more land for us to live on and much less water on the earth. That's why a big part of it was left as frozen water vapor after the other part rained back to the earth when it was cooled off enough. This globe of ice crystals will keep the sun from damaging our bodies and breaking down the physical earth. With all the new heat vents in the crust to keep the pressure in the mantle from building like it did before the destruction of the earth, the perfectly cleaned water will fill them up and produce a warm moist climate all around the earth. They will also be our natural jacuzzi tubs for us to enjoy.

The air, water and soil will be without any pollution left from the past age of sinful man. So God had several reasons for changing the earth for us and himself. He's the one who lives through us in all these bodies so he wanted a perfect world and it will remain that way because we'll naturally obey God's laws and commandments. We will never build with our hands so it won't lead us to the way things are today. We make more pollution in one minute in our sinful world than will be made in the rest of eternity in paradise. Since God is supplying us with all our needs, we will always be more than satisfied.

God wants us to live and experience him, ourselves, family, friends and neighbors in a much different way than we do now. It will be a constant joy to live each day, knowing there's only peace on earth while communicating to each other with the language of truth, Not one person will feel lonely and insecure and argument between people won't be understood. The world we live in today won't be anything like paradise. Never again will there be hunger, disease, religion, death, unbelief in God, greed, jealousy, anxieties, hate, selfish love, wars, killing, illness, addictions, alcoholism, homosexuality, crime, etc. We can hardly imagine living without these things happening so to think about paradise is difficult for most people.

When a former sinner becomes aware of himself in paradise, he won't understand that he came from a former life. All he'll recognize is his parents and better half of the opposite sex. Since he won't have any sin of lust, he'll never think of his partner as a sex object to be satisfied with. When they grow up together and get old enough to mate, God will give them the desire to mate with one another to produce more children. This will be God's world and everything will be supplied by him. He didn't want a world of people laying around having sex with each other all day long. We will have a full life with him in control and we'll never know the difference compared to this age of sin.

Parents will get to be with their children as they grow up instead of being at work to make money to buy their clothes every time they grow out of them. We won't have clothes in paradise because the weather will be perfect throughout the whole earth. We won't know what shame is or have the sin of lust to lose control of ourselves because of our nudity. Since man won't be making anything with his hands, we'll be totally in the nature with all of God's plants and animals in his gardens made for us to enjoy. All animals will be tame so we'll have lots of friends. Our food will be hanging on the plants for us to eat so we don't have to cultivate our own crops and the rain will keep it watered and cleaned, including ourselves.

Our bodies can never die so they will be made much differently than they are now and of the right size to fit us all on earth. We'll never know how much different we are because there won't be any archeologists out digging holes in the ground to figure it out. With the ice globe around the earth, we won't get any ideas to start contemplating the stars. This ice globe will act like a big light bulb and keep the whole earth lighted up. With immortal bodies, it won't be necessary to eat or sleep every day so we won't miss out on any living in God's Kingdom.

No one will have the desire to travel because one garden won't be any more fascinating then the next but we will get all kinds of dreams and visions from God. This will be our TV or cinema and it will be real. With all the stars, planets, moons, and everything we see in the universe, we may have up close views of it in our minds. I've already experienced these visions and dreams that God put in my mind because he wanted me to know them. It even talks about this in the Bible so it's not something made up by me. There will never be a boring moment in paradise. We will have all kinds of family and friends to be with and play in the streams, ponds, and bathe in the natural hot tubs.

Our children can ride the animals and play with them without ever worrying about getting eaten up. It will be more like one big happy family existing together for eternity. It will be a simple life but a life that's worth living for all God's people. Without any money, Bibles, or work, no one will be able to elevate himself above the rest. We'll all be equal so if you like socialism in this life, you will love it in paradise. Since you won't have any sins, then it's not something you'll be concerned with anyway. When everyone's the same, there's no comparisons and we'll accept it as the normal way of life.

On the day the earth starts shaking violently, many of you will lose your life moments after it starts by getting crushed from building materials or rolling stones down the mountain sides. But just remember this, you'll only die this one time and it will never happen again for the rest of eternity. And the good thing is that you won't remember dying. God wants us to live a whole new life without cluttered memories of horror stories we had to go through in the past. God knows what he's doing because he made perfect plans before he started all this. We will honor him in paradise after most of us rejected him in this age.

God bless you,
Brad

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)