Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Bible Denies the Divinity of Jesus
01-22-2010, 02:50 AM
The Bible Denies the Divinity of Jesus
This article contains the following seven arguments which prove that the Bible denies the divinity of Jesus:

1) None of the Bible’s Writers Believed That Jesus is God

2) Evidence From the Acts of the Apostles

3) Jesus is Not All-Powerful, and Not All-Knowing

4) The Greatest Commandment in the Bible

5) Paul Believed That Jesus is not God

6) Evidence from the Gospel of John

7) God and Jesus Are Two Separate Beings

You can follow from here:
‎The Bible Denies the Divinity of Jesus‎‏
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-2010, 07:49 AM
RE: The Bible Denies the Divinity of Jesus
Cut and paste.

It's not even a great article, it clearly does not understand Christian thought, and it is trying to take translations in English literally.

'The Bible clearly teaches that Jesus is not God. In the Bible God is always someone else other than Jesus.' Well, that's the Trinity dismissed then...

There are lots of academic studies that show the idea of Jesus' divinity is a later addition, so this not great Islamic attempt at quote mining serves no purpose other than to jolly along other Muslims.
01-22-2010, 08:17 AM
Jesus was the last prophet in Israel. He was called the son of God, an expression that was in common use in scripture but was always employed metaphorically and in no single instance did it connote God. Nowhere in the Gospesl or the Epistles is it said that Jesus referred to himself as God or implied that he was God. The expression, Lord, was applied to him but there is no evidence that those who made use of this expression with reference to him believed, or meant to convey, that he was God. It was used as a synonym for master.

It was long after his time that the expression son of God was transmuted into God, the Son, meaning thereby that Jesus was the second person in the Trinity. The entire concept of the Trinity was foreign to the thinking of Jesus. He always referred to himself as having been sent by God, meaning that he was a devine messenger. For instance:

This is life eternal: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. (John 17:3)

By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me. (John 5:30)

I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the very work that the Father has given me to finish, and which I am doing, testifies that the Father has sent me. And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent. (John 5:36-38)

"Who are you?" they asked. "Just what I have been claiming all along," Jesus replied. "I have much to say in judgment of you. But he who sent me is reliable, and what I have heard from him I tell the world." (John 8:25-26)

Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me. (John 8:42)

For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day." (John 6:38-40)

It is clear, therefore, that Jesus consistently put himself forward as one who had been sent by God, that is to say, as a messenger of God.

http://www.alislam.org/library/books/Del...0607MN.pdf

I am second coming of Thomas Paine. If you are a Christian, have you read Age of Reason?
01-22-2010, 10:25 PM
(01-22-2010 08:17 AM)Ahmadi Wrote:  Jesus was the last prophet in Israel. He was called the son of God, an expression that was in common use in scripture but was always employed metaphorically and in no single instance did it connote God. Nowhere in the Gospesl or the Epistles is it said that Jesus referred to himself as God or implied that he was God. The expression, Lord, was applied to him but there is no evidence that those who made use of this expression with reference to him believed, or meant to convey, that he was God. It was used as a synonym for master.

It was long after his time that the expression son of God was transmuted into God, the Son, meaning thereby that Jesus was the second person in the Trinity. The entire concept of the Trinity was foreign to the thinking of Jesus. He always referred to himself as having been sent by God, meaning that he was a devine messenger. For instance:

This is life eternal: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. (John 17:3)

By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me. (John 5:30)

I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the very work that the Father has given me to finish, and which I am doing, testifies that the Father has sent me. And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent. (John 5:36-38)

"Who are you?" they asked. "Just what I have been claiming all along," Jesus replied. "I have much to say in judgment of you. But he who sent me is reliable, and what I have heard from him I tell the world." (John 8:25-26)

Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me. (John 8:42)

For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day." (John 6:38-40)

It is clear, therefore, that Jesus consistently put himself forward as one who had been sent by God, that is to say, as a messenger of God.

http://www.alislam.org/library/books/Del...0607MN.pdf

"I and My Father are one." Jn.10:30

"Jesus answered them, 'Is it not written in your law, 'I said, You are gods"'? If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and Scripture cannot be broken), do you day of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, 'You are blaspheming', because I said, 'I am the Son of God'?
If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; but it I do, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him." Jn. 10:34-38
01-23-2010, 02:05 AM
(01-22-2010 10:25 PM)biomystic Wrote:  "I and My Father are one." Jn.10:30

"Jesus answered them, 'Is it not written in your law, 'I said, You are gods"'? If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and Scripture cannot be broken), do you day of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, 'You are blaspheming', because I said, 'I am the Son of God'?
If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; but it I do, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him." Jn. 10:34-38

28. "I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand."

29. "My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand.." (John 10:29).

How can anyone be so blind as not to see the exactness of the ending of the last two verses. But spiritual blinkers are more impervious than physical defects. He is telling the Jews and recording for posterity, the real unity or relationship between the Father and the son. The most crucial verse:

30. "I and the Father are one." (John 10:30).

One in what? In their Omniscience? In their Nature? In their Omnipotence? No! One in purpose! That once a believer has accepted faith, the Messenger sees to it that he remains in faith, and God Almighty also sees to it that he remains in faith. This is the purpose of the "Father" and the "son" and the "Holy Ghost" and of every man and every woman of faith.

Let the same John explain his Gnostic mystic verbiage.

"That they all may be one as thou. Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us..."

"I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one..."(John 17:20-22)

If Jesus is "one" with God, and if that "oneness" makes him God, then the traitor Judas, and the doubting Thomas, and the satanic Peter, plus the other nine who deserted him when he was most in need are God(s), because the same "oneness" which he claimed with God in John 10:30, now he claims for all "who forsook him and fled" (Mark 14:50). All "ye of little faith" (Matthew 8:26). All "O faithless and perverse generation" (Luke 9:41). Where and when will the Christian blasphemy end? The expression "I and my Father are one," was very innocent, meaning nothing more than a common purpose with God.
01-23-2010, 02:42 AM
(01-23-2010 02:05 AM)TruthWon Wrote:  

28. "I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand."

29. "My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand.." (John 10:29).

How can anyone be so blind as not to see the exactness of the ending of the last two verses. But spiritual blinkers are more impervious than physical defects. He is telling the Jews and recording for posterity, the real unity or relationship between the Father and the son. The most crucial verse:

One in what? In their Omniscience? In their Nature? In their Omnipotence? No! One in purpose! That once a believer has accepted faith, the Messenger sees to it that he remains in faith, and God Almighty also sees to it that he remains in faith. This is the purpose of the "Father" and the "son" and the "Holy Ghost" and of every man and every woman of faith.

"That they all may be one as thou. Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us..."

"I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one..."(John 17:20-22)

If Jesus is "one" with God, and if that "oneness" makes him God, then the traitor Judas, and the doubting Thomas, and the satanic Peter, plus the other nine who deserted him when he was most in need are God(s), because the same "oneness" which he claimed with God in John 10:30, now he claims for all "who forsook him and fled" (Mark 14:50). All "ye of little faith" (Matthew 8:26). All "O faithless and perverse generation" (Luke 9:41). Where and when will the Christian blasphemy end? The expression "I and my Father are one," was very innocent, meaning nothing more than a common purpose with God.

It appears Truthwon is getting a bit hot under the collar here.

Also Ahmadi is right Smile

I want to make it clear that Christians don't view Jesus as God. Can you now cleanse yourself of this wrong idea ?. He is not God full stop !!!!.

He is of course the son of God and his Divinity is established. The BIBLE doesnt state he isnt the son of God and actually says he is in his words.
01-23-2010, 05:48 AM
(01-23-2010 02:42 AM)Phill Wrote:  
(01-23-2010 02:05 AM)TruthWon Wrote:  

It appears Truthwon is getting a bit hot under the collar here.

Also Ahmadi is right Smile

I want to make it clear that Christians don't view Jesus as God. Can you now cleanse yourself of this wrong idea ?. He is not God full stop !!!!.

He is of course the son of God and his Divinity is established. The BIBLE doesnt state he isnt the son of God and actually says he is in his words.

I think Phill, your views and views of other christians here are quite different, maybe you are from different sect. of Christianity.
Anyway, if you say that Jesus is son of God, so does that mean that Mary is the wife of God? can you confirm please.
01-23-2010, 06:28 AM
Jesus never said he was God. Although he was given the full authority of God. He is a seperate entity to God just like I am a seperate entity from my father.

Your trying to say that Chrisitans view Jesus as God so you can claim Polytheism. And it's just not the case. Numerous passages in the bible Jesus shows that they are seperate.

And no Mary wasn't married to God, even you know that.
01-23-2010, 06:35 AM
(01-23-2010 06:28 AM)Phill Wrote:  Jesus never said he was God. Although he was given the full authority of God. He is a seperate entity to God just like I am a seperate entity from my father.

Your trying to say that Chrisitans view Jesus as God so you can claim Polytheism. And it's just not the case. Numerous passages in the bible Jesus shows that they are seperate.

And no Mary wasn't married to God, even you know that.

I do respect and accept your views that Jesus (pbuh) is not god, and he got authority to give words and message of God, same as other messengers and prophets did.

But your clarification is required for your claim, that Jesus is son of God. wats your reference and evidence for this claim.
As Mary was mother of Jesus, and she was preg. with Jesus before getting married to Joseph. So how come Jesus become son of God, if Mary is not the wife of God?
01-23-2010, 08:26 AM
Muslims trying to rewrite the New Testament and Jesus Christ their way--it's pathetic, especially to us Gnostic Christians who know the New Testament is a fictionalized account of Jesus Christ. Muhammad finds a Gnostic Gospel in one of his caravan raids (where he found most of his Jewish scriptural references) and concludes Jesus didn't die on the cross and off Muhammad goes along with Da Vinci Code kooks in thinking Jesus was a swindler, just kidding about sacrificing his life for God and humanity.

The New Testament Jesus Christ is meant to be a dying/resurrection God-man Story. That's why Jesus bears so many similarities to other dying/resurrection god-men, like Mithra, Osiris, Tammuz, etc. God comes down to earth in these ancient myths and that is what Christianity brought to Judaism which Judaism hated and still hates. Muslims just rewrite the Jesus Christ Story to fit Muhammad's ideas in which he can't afford to have Jesus Christ be one of the honorable prophets and not be a Muslim, so he makes Jesus into a Muslim, and a violent one at that, if not in the Gospels, then in his return to earth. Typical Abrahamic religious warfare.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Divinity of Christ vamasa 138 15,945 07-23-2015 01:36 AM
Last Post: shiverleaf15
  1500 years old Bible claims that Jesus was not God KAYSER 53 4,048 06-06-2014 02:22 AM
Last Post: usmanishaquecdz
  jesus, quran, bible, islam guen 51 3,517 03-20-2014 10:18 AM
Last Post: KAYSER
  Outside of the Bible, what historical record exists of the life and times of jesus? Righteous 4 677 02-15-2013 07:18 PM
Last Post: *Beersheba*
  The Divinity of Self vs. an External Deity TwiceGreat 5 949 01-07-2012 04:05 PM
Last Post: Yefet
  Evidence of Jesus being a real man other than the Bible? AirForceTech 73 7,935 10-30-2011 06:12 PM
Last Post: EqualAtheist
  the divinity of jesus annoneone 4 762 07-23-2010 02:37 PM
Last Post: Raphael

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)