Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
The Bible vs. the Koran vs. the Bhagavad Gita
12-14-2008, 09:37 PM
The Bible vs. the Koran vs. the Bhagavad Gita
So here is a question I have never had satisfactorily answered:

Christians all claim that the Bible is the word of god. However, Muslims claim that the Koran is the word of God, and Hindus believe that the Bhagavad Gita is well, inspired at least Smile. Why should I believe the word of a Christian over that of a Muslim? Is there a concrete reason why the Koran is not the word of god for example?

http://descartes1979.blogspot.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2008, 04:34 PM
RE: The Bible vs. the Koran vs. the Bhagavad Gita
To be honest, I don't know for sure yet.
Find all posts by this user
12-16-2008, 11:54 AM
I suggest giving all of them equal credence. If you follow ALL religions, you can get additional breaks throughout the workday to worship Allah, can get all those nice religious holidays off work, and should be generally safe in the afterlife.

If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
12-16-2008, 02:57 PM
There are several websites that demonstrate the dozens of logical inconsistencies that exist in the Bible and the Quran. My assumption is that if some book contains logical errors, it isn't the word of God. I don't know about the Bhagavad-Gita.
12-19-2008, 02:58 PM
damian.hoffman Wrote:I suggest giving all of them equal credence. If you follow ALL religions, you can get additional breaks throughout the workday to worship Allah, can get all those nice religious holidays off work, and should be generally safe in the afterlife.

Haha Smile

I know this was meant to be a joke, but it's impossible to follow all religions because many of them contradict each other.
08-31-2010, 04:11 AM
Basically all spiritual texts including the Bibli Bhagavad Gita, Quran, Vedas, etc. all contain and speak some truth to human life. If you look beneath everything, they all justify good moral living in that culture. So the one that speaks the truth is probably going to be the one that relates to you best or maybe a combination of both.

Buddhist Temples
Autun cathedral
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-02-2010, 01:41 PM
(12-19-2008 02:58 PM)thereturnofspring Wrote:  
damian.hoffman Wrote:I suggest giving all of them equal credence. If you follow ALL religions, you can get additional breaks throughout the workday to worship Allah, can get all those nice religious holidays off work, and should be generally safe in the afterlife.

Haha Smile

I know this was meant to be a joke, but it's impossible to follow all religions because many of them contradict each other.

There are probably more similarities between religions then there are contradictions between religions. For instance muslims believe as christians do that jesus(or whatever name you would like use) was the messiah and performed miracles such as raising the dead,healing the sick ect and ascended into heavan. the main differences between what muslims believe about jesus is that he didnt die but it was made to look like he died and he wasnt the son of allah because allah doesnt have sons. There are some stories in jesus life that appear in the quran that dont appear in the bible but the bible says not every thing jesus did was recorded in the bible. So is it really that big of a difference if jesus died or he just ascended into heaven. Jesus is called the only begotten son of the father in the bible but jesus was given the power to make other people the sons of the father so its not like he is the only son of the father. I dont believe these things are really that different and the similarities far outweigh the contradictions.
09-03-2010, 01:02 PM
(09-02-2010 01:41 PM)iholdit Wrote:  

Haha Smile

There are probably more similarities between religions then there are contradictions between religions. ......... I dont believe these things are really that different and the similarities far outweigh the contradictions.

Although people in the past, and even now, have killed millions because they believe they do contradict each other.
09-04-2010, 01:52 PM
(09-03-2010 01:02 PM)digipixel Wrote:  
(09-02-2010 01:41 PM)iholdit Wrote:  

Haha Smile

There are probably more similarities between religions then there are contradictions between religions. ......... I dont believe these things are really that different and the similarities far outweigh the contradictions.

Although people in the past, and even now, have killed millions because they believe they do contradict each other.

Even without religion many people kill eachother over the littlest things. Some people have little or no exposure to faiths other than their own. The little exposure they do have may not be the true beliefs of that faith but could come from word of mouth and be misinterpreted or even completely changed by the time it gets to them(think of the telephone game).If they can find one little contradiction they can find a reason to kill someone of a different faith. People kill eachother over miscommunication everyday it doesnt justify the killing.
09-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Gita is a for Hindu and the Bible is for the Christians that the Quran is the Muslims and Buddhists as Daamapada. compaction category Gita in other languages, to better understand the philosophy of Vedanta. Vedanta is the science of human life, as it happens at all levels. Vedanta philosophy that humanity is the best a man can achieve in practice. Gita, then it was a spiritual journey, is an essential guide. Fortunately, his teaching was recognized borders of India and received the state is universal.

career coach certification

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)