Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
The Devil (in my views)
02-04-2010, 12:34 PM
The Devil (in my views)
Firstly, I must point out that I've copied and pasted this little part of the book I am currently writing which is essentially my views, experience and knowledge on religion and other related matters. Understandibly not everyone wants to read my book hence why I am posting this relevant piece here.

Devil:

I believe that everyone is born with a pure sole, a clean slate, a fresh start. That being said our soles from the very beginning were created from and belong to God but depending on ones choices in life dictates were that sole ends up after the human body dies. I personally think that the Devil is a sole collector in some respects and you're influenced by the Devil in so many ways through life and if you ever give into the devils force “completely”, you'll know it, you'll feel it but you probably won't even care (maybe because you don't truly know what you're in for, or in-denial) in your life you'll probably live a shallow, depressing, angry and lonely life. Even if you have all the money, fame, friends etc... you'll feel it inside and theirs nothing to save you, you're all on your own and rightly so. Also stay away from souls like me because I'll see right through you and I will not be very forgiving, you've had many chances and blew them and you will pay the price for your actions. Do you really think you can do the things you do/have done and get away with them? Yeah right!

You who have give up your sole subconsciously or not have a lot to answer for, on earth and after your body dies, justice will be served – you cannot escape that.

Yes I think the Devil wants to take over Gods place so the Devil can make the universe how the Devil sees fit (which will not be good) and yes I said universe not “earth” as I think earth and it's living things are only a piece of a larger puzzle. I think even if the Devil fails (which is very likely indeed) the Devil is happy just to hold God back from Gods respective goals and hence the battle of good and evil.

As far as the Devils origin I am not sure, I certainly do not believe any of the religions I've looked into, I think it's something that could have happened before planet earth even existed, we don't know – but what we do know is the Devil is very powerful though that power is mainly an illusion and we know ultimately to stay away or pay a price that will haunt you for the rest of time.
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2010, 10:53 PM
RE: The Devil (in my views)
Why continue an Iranian religious war with Hindus? That's where your "Devil" idea originates from: ancient Iranian hostility to the Devas, the guiding spirits of the Hindu Vedics. Iranian dualistic theology as seen in Zoroastrianism which heavily influenced Judaism when Jews were in exile in Babylonia and picked Iranian dualistic ideas about the Adversary which Christianity greatly exaggerated, making the Devil a god unto himself. I call it Devil worship myself, all this projection of evil onto a literal scapegoat.

I think God's with Pogo on this one: "We have seen the enemy and the enemy is us."
Find all posts by this user
02-05-2010, 07:35 AM
RE: The Devil (in my views)
(02-04-2010 10:53 PM)biomystic Wrote:  Why continue an Iranian religious war with Hindus? That's where your "Devil" idea originates from: ancient Iranian hostility to the Devas, the guiding spirits of the Hindu Vedics. Iranian dualistic theology as seen in Zoroastrianism which heavily influenced Judaism when Jews were in exile in Babylonia and picked Iranian dualistic ideas about the Adversary which Christianity greatly exaggerated, making the Devil a god unto himself. I call it Devil worship myself, all this projection of evil onto a literal scapegoat.

I think God's with Pogo on this one: "We have seen the enemy and the enemy is us."

Actually my idea origionates from nothing like what you've stated.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A quiz to match your religion to your views EqualAtheist 54 8,418 02-19-2017 11:42 PM
Last Post: Mackerni
  What are your views concerning divine judgment and what happens after death? PeterPants 126 2,912 07-14-2016 08:26 PM
Last Post: PeterPants
  views on God/religion ariseohsleeper 25 1,795 04-29-2016 12:41 AM
Last Post: KAYSER
  What are the views of an atheist about the afterlife TheAnimeNerd 56 4,843 10-11-2015 11:00 AM
Last Post: daemon
  Any Takers on My Views? Radioboy86 67 5,726 04-21-2014 02:38 PM
Last Post: Radioboy86
  Critical and apologetic views of Mormonism shiverleaf15 106 7,501 10-31-2013 06:59 PM
Last Post: shiverleaf15
  The Question (in NEED of views/opinions) stacey21 16 2,323 10-28-2013 05:12 PM
Last Post: kaleb
  Types of views on religion HamzahA 5 1,084 02-23-2012 01:08 PM
Last Post: Truth seeker
  My views. JewForJesus 7 1,499 09-28-2010 01:58 PM
Last Post: iholdit

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)