Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Dichotomy of the Minority & Majority - MLK's Dream
01-21-2018, 04:21 PM
RE: The Dichotomy of the Minority & Majority - MLK's Dream
(01-21-2018 06:15 AM)Herminator Wrote:  An interesting theory, and I think I can go along with a big part of it.

what also plays a part is the self-righteousness many Christians suffer from (which doesn't have much to do with being part of a "majority") - they are "in" on what the Bible teaches, and others therefore are somehow less human beings and as a result will sufer the consequences (end up in hell etc)...

Also the idea is that just because someone is being discriminated today doesn't necessarily mean that when they gain power, they will be any better. Christians came to America fleeing religious persecution - how have they reacted to people of other faiths? Almost the same as the very people they were fleeing from

As an Indian we do support Israel and Judaism but something about their occupying that land does not sit right with me

It shows how flexible we are with our morals - sadly, might does make right
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2018, 11:32 PM
(01-21-2018 11:47 AM)IMtM Wrote:  The idea of Hell is an ugly thing.

Indeed, so ugly that God in fact promises to cast hell into the lake of fire, along with Death (Revelation 20:14). These twin scourges appear to be products Satan managed to inject into our cosmos at the Garden of Eden, according to Old Testament theology. The lake of fire is called “the second death,” a term which implies the things landing there will perish. They won’t be tortured; they’ll be dead. While some human wrongdoers will follow hell into the lake, they will also perish there, having chosen to live by the sword during their earthly time.

Unfortunately, due to verses describing hell as a place of torment—which it could well be—many Christian groups believe such torture to be eternal, when it’s really temporal. However, Catholics and Anglicans no longer buy the notion. We seem to create hell on Earth, and suffer in it. I doubt that’s what God wants for our eternal fate.
~ Angel
02-17-2018, 11:27 AM (This post was last modified: Yesterday 01:44 PM by Visqueen.)
Once upon a time I behaved like an asse on this site and I was banned for my efforts. My underlying mental health issues combined with endless amounts of free time due to the empty loneliness of my life has caused me to attempt to disrupt this site by creating close to 50 accounts. I suffer from the delusion that my attempts to cause trouble here are in any way of interest to some imagined over arching body who will bring this site down. It's up to you, all the other posters here, to decide if I am physically incarcerated somewhere hence the crushing amounts of free time spent doing nothing, or whether I am simply incarcerated within my own mind, beset as am I by my mental health issues which I cannot conquer.

I am sad and lonely, won't someone play with me?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)