Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Enemies of God?
08-04-2013, 07:43 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2013 07:55 PM by rocketboy9000.)
The Enemies of God?
Who are the Enemies of God often mentioned by the followers of Jesus, and Mohammed?
Can God have enemies? How can anyone oppose God, if nothing happens except that he wills it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2013, 08:43 PM
RE: The Enemies of God?
My expectation is that because humans have free will, anyone who willfully (or since ignorance never seems to be an excuse, unwillingly) sins (i.e. acts in defiance of the set guidelines established by their God, made clear by their prophets) and remain unrepentant, they are enemies.

We are lightning, straying from the thunder; miracles of ancient wonder.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-04-2013, 08:58 PM
Are all atheists good and bad gods enimies? why should we listen to prophets? Am I not as good a judge as they, being we are all human and they were too?

Ištu dumqim amqut, u anaku anmiq
08-04-2013, 09:10 PM
(08-04-2013 08:58 PM)Achrelos Wrote:  Are all atheists good and bad gods enimies? why should we listen to prophets? Am I not as good a judge as they, being we are all human and they were too?

How can you be the enemy of something that doesn't exist. Similar to when people say that atheists hate god, it is illogical to claim that someone hate something that doesn't exist.

He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how. - Nietzsche
08-04-2013, 09:19 PM
I guess if people want to call themselves enemies of a God that may or may not exist, that works, right?

If someone doesn't consider himself or herself an enemy of God and is being true to himself or herself when considering that...they're not enemies of God, I would guess.

"To yield and give way to our passions is the lowest slavery, even as to rule over them is the only liberty." -Justin Martyr
08-04-2013, 09:29 PM
(08-04-2013 09:10 PM)Flipper Wrote:  
(08-04-2013 08:58 PM)Achrelos Wrote:  Are all atheists good and bad gods enimies? why should we listen to prophets? Am I not as good a judge as they, being we are all human and they were too?

How can you be the enemy of something that doesn't exist. Similar to when people say that atheists hate god, it is illogical to claim that someone hate something that doesn't exist.

It was a hypathetical question for his pointt of view. When I (as an atheist) talk tto theists I tend to do so with hypatheticals assuming that their belief is correct. It saves time on the posts and (I think) the point is there. Unless I'm flat out refuting, in which case I change my language a little.

Ištu dumqim amqut, u anaku anmiq
08-04-2013, 09:54 PM
I suppose to those proponents who would label someone an "enemy" of their god, wouldn't even take that into account. They don't care if you believe or not, since you aren't with them, you are by default against them.

We are lightning, straying from the thunder; miracles of ancient wonder.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-04-2013, 09:59 PM
(08-04-2013 09:54 PM)gorm_sionnach Wrote:  I suppose to those proponents who would label someone an "enemy" of their god, wouldn't even take that into account. They don't care if you believe or not, since you aren't with them, you are by default against them.

Not necessarily.

Not all Theists who believe that someone can be an "enemy" of their God hold to a "You're either with us or against us" mentality.

"To yield and give way to our passions is the lowest slavery, even as to rule over them is the only liberty." -Justin Martyr
08-05-2013, 12:17 AM
"Enemies" in my view are those who opposed the Manifestation of God...Who persecute and oppress people...so usually they represented established religion and controlled the state or church...

"All religions, arts, and sciences are branches of the same tree."
08-05-2013, 08:37 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2013 08:38 AM by KellyKep.)
(08-04-2013 07:43 PM)rocketboy9000 Wrote:  Who are the Enemies of God often mentioned by the followers of Jesus, and Mohammed?
Can God have enemies? How can anyone oppose God, if nothing happens except that he wills it?

There is only one enemy of God and that is SIN, not sinners.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to love your enemies? surrendersacrifice 11 1,137 08-27-2013 12:10 AM
Last Post: Azrael17
  The Enemies of God The Word 178 16,322 09-21-2010 12:21 PM
Last Post: Anthem

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)