Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Firmament of Ice and the Water from the Great Flood
07-23-2017, 03:33 PM
The Firmament of Ice and the Water from the Great Flood
This study explains what the "firmament" was and where the waters came from that caused the great flood of Noah, and also what the "foundations of the earth" are and why the earth is said to be founded on the seas. The study can be found in English here http://www.wisdomofgod.co/2017/02/06/the...eat-flood/ or in Spanish here http://www.sabiduriadedios.co/2017/02/06...nundacion/ . Let us begin a discussion on these matters.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-23-2017, 04:22 PM
RE: The Firmament of Ice and the Water from the Great Flood
(07-23-2017 03:33 PM)cgaviria Wrote:  This study explains what the "firmament" was and where the waters came from that caused the great flood of Noah, and also what the "foundations of the earth" are and why the earth is said to be founded on the seas. The study can be found in English here http://www.wisdomofgod.co/2017/02/06/the...eat-flood/ or in Spanish here http://www.sabiduriadedios.co/2017/02/06...nundacion/ . Let us begin a discussion on these matters.

Even after reading the story it's unclear to me where the water needed for the flood came from. Don't forget that the amount needed to flood the whole planet is even too much to be held as water vapour in the athmosphere.

Another statement that caught my attention is: "Which means that the center of the earth is a sea of water, hence why the dead will one day come out of the sea."

Based on measurements, it's clear there is no water whatsoever below the Earth's surface, let alone in and around the core, which consist of solid and molten metals, respectively. The statement above about water therefore is demonstrably wrong.

Structure of the Earth

Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it
07-23-2017, 06:14 PM
(07-23-2017 04:22 PM)Herminator Wrote:  
(07-23-2017 03:33 PM)cgaviria Wrote:  This study explains what the "firmament" was and where the waters came from that caused the great flood of Noah, and also what the "foundations of the earth" are and why the earth is said to be founded on the seas. The study can be found in English here http://www.wisdomofgod.co/2017/02/06/the...eat-flood/ or in Spanish here http://www.sabiduriadedios.co/2017/02/06...nundacion/ . Let us begin a discussion on these matters.

Even after reading the story it's unclear to me where the water needed for the flood came from. Don't forget that the amount needed to flood the whole planet is even too much to be held as water vapour in the athmosphere.

Another statement that caught my attention is: "Which means that the center of the earth is a sea of water, hence why the dead will one day come out of the sea."

Based on measurements, it's clear there is no water whatsoever below the Earth's surface, let alone in and around the core, which consist of solid and molten metals, respectively. The statement above about water therefore is demonstrably wrong.

Structure of the Earth

How do you not understand that the water that caused the flood came from the ice layer that encapsulated the entire earth? It collapsed, and voila, there you have ALOT of water. Perhaps before you rashly discard the word of the Lord as false, you should see for yourself that even some of your scientists and geologists have now come to realize that the center of the earth is indeed water, hence these results on Google showing articles in the New York Times and even Scientific American https://www.google.com/search?q=the+cent...e&ie=UTF-8 . It never ceases to amaze me how people are trully willfully ignorant of such obvious and logical teachings of scripture, hence,

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: (2 Peter 3:5 [KJV])
07-23-2017, 07:45 PM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2017 07:48 PM by The_Squid.)
Quote: the center of the earth is indeed water

No, it's not.

The link you gave says the water is 300 miles below the surface and bound up in minerals. Not at the centre, and not as a liquid.

----------------------
Does anyone know where the love of God goes
when the waves turn the minutes to hours?
07-23-2017, 08:48 PM
(07-23-2017 06:14 PM)cgaviria Wrote:  Perhaps before you rashly discard the word of the Lord as false,

You're going to have to first prove it IS the word of 'The Lord'.

Because I've yet to see any evidence that it is.

When people ask me if I've found Jesus, I usually tell them they should look the last place they put him.
07-23-2017, 09:03 PM
(07-23-2017 08:48 PM)Alexa Wrote:  
(07-23-2017 06:14 PM)cgaviria Wrote:  Perhaps before you rashly discard the word of the Lord as false,

Seconded. you don't just get to claim it is the word of god and then criticize us for not accepting that blindly.

~~~

when we enter a discussion on matters of discordance, we should search for truth not victory, In this manner we always win, there are no losers.
07-23-2017, 09:35 PM

Evidence by "advancing and improving" methods could later prove it IS the word of "The Lord" by scientific curiosity and the scientific method sometime to come.
07-23-2017, 09:42 PM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2017 09:50 PM by sonofason.)
(07-23-2017 04:22 PM)Herminator Wrote:  

Structure of the Earth

The flood was not a result of water vapor in the atmosphere. It was a cataclysmic event. The water came from under the earth's surface. It burst forth from within the earth, likely creating the current tectonic fault lines that exist to this day. Once the water broke through to the surface of the planet, it did indeed saturate the atmosphere, causing it to rain non-stop for 40 days, just as the Bible says.

I find it silly that you would think the water should still be beneath the earth's surface, when it is all now on the earth's surface.
(07-23-2017 09:03 PM)PeterPants Wrote:  

Seconded. you don't just get to claim it is the word of god and then criticize us for not accepting that blindly.

I personally do get to claim the the Bible is the word of God, and I am most capable of criticizing anyone for not accepting that fact.
07-23-2017, 09:55 PM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2017 10:08 PM by Blunderbuss.)
(07-23-2017 09:42 PM)sonofason Wrote:  I find it silly that you would think the water should still be beneath the earth's surface, when it is all now on the earth's surface.

I agree there that some of the water at least ... is the very oceans around us, evident of man made foundations still under the seas like Yonaguni in Japan.
To some people its debateable with the argument that this was a natural made phenomenon hmm.

[Image: yonaguni2.jpg?itok=LnqY00MM]

Lion City of Quiandao Lake, China 85-131 feet beneath the sea.
[Image: Lion-City-of-Quiandao-Lake-China.jpg]

As according to the bible ... built by the nephilim and corrupted human followers.
07-23-2017, 10:18 PM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2017 10:27 PM by sonofason.)
(07-23-2017 09:55 PM)Blunderbuss Wrote:  
(07-23-2017 09:42 PM)sonofason Wrote:  I find it silly that you would think the water should still be beneath the earth's surface, when it is all now on the earth's surface.

I agree there that some of the water at least ... is the very oceans around us, evident of man made foundations still under the seas like Yonaguni in Japan.
To some people its debateable with the argument that this was a natural made phenomenon hmm.

[Image: yonaguni2.jpg?itok=LnqY00MM]

Lion City of Quiandao Lake, China 85-131 feet beneath the sea.
[Image: Lion-City-of-Quiandao-Lake-China.jpg]

As according to the bible ... built by the nephilim and corrupted human followers.

In the Book of Jasher we read:
"And at the end of seven days, in the six hundredth year of the life of Noah, the waters of the flood were upon the earth.
And all the fountains of the deep were broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened, and the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights." (Jasher 6:13-14)

Unless we know what the "fountains of the deep" is referring to, we cannot know the actual source of the water that caused the flood.

Unless we understand what it means that these fountains of the deep were "broken up", we cannot understand how this water came to flood the entire earth.

A lot of people believe in the claims of scientists of various fields without understanding the evidence. They believe the claims without understanding the evidence.

They say tectonic plates slide around on the earth. I'm not so sure about that. There are other explanations. The first mention of mountains in the Bible was of the mountains of Ararat. I see no reason to believe that mountains existed prior to the flood. I see no reason to believe the currently accepted theory of plate tectonics. I think people should stop believing stuff without seeing and understanding the evidence that is supposed to verify it.

As I have re-examined my knowledge of science, and why I believe the things I believe, I have come to the conclusion that the earth might only be 6,000 years or so old. Why should I believe otherwise? Carbon dating? I don't think so.

Modern science = Piltdown man

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Lucifer's Flood newnature 76 2,389 03-16-2016 12:10 AM
Last Post: Herminator
  Theory of the flood Robert William 19 1,592 06-21-2015 09:11 PM
Last Post: Visqueen
  Is God water, Is water God? JSUN 23 4,165 03-02-2015 05:22 PM
Last Post: Yefet
  Fossilgirl and the Flood EqualAtheist 70 5,094 08-31-2013 02:57 PM
Last Post: kadosh7
  Story of the Flood lindoooo 32 4,917 10-26-2012 01:03 AM
Last Post: Satyros

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)