Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Last Temptation of Christ
08-31-2009, 08:56 AM
The Last Temptation of Christ
For those who don't know, this was directed by Scorsese, and stars Willem Dafoe as Jesus. The film is not based on the Gospels, but many think it depicts quite well the inner struggle that Jesus might have gone through.

In my opinion, this is in my top ten films; I love it. Many films show Jesus as a bit wishy washy, but Dafoe is brilliant in this. Last Temptation shows a range of emotion, unlike Gibson's 'Passion', which is just someone having the crap beaten out of them for two hours, or the bore-a-thon of Greatest Story Ever Told.

Anyone agree?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2010, 12:24 AM
RE: The Last Temptation of Christ
The soundtrack is by Peter Gabriel, and is fantastic as well.

I remember the line to get in to the theater snaked past a nun who was holding a protest sign objecting to the movie's depiction of a truly human Jesus. As a Catholic at the time, I was mildly concerned I was committing a sin. I liked the movie, but preferred the book, as is usually the case.

---------------
Not selling anything.
08-13-2010, 05:25 AM
I've seen it, and I can tell I liked it. I think it's good for children religious education too. His life is described quite detailed and realistic. You can almost taste the atmosphere of the respective era.

Religion Search Engine
08-13-2010, 09:10 PM
I have never seen this movie... definitely going to check it out now though. Thanks everyone!
11-27-2010, 02:22 PM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2010 02:23 PM by prod2demain.)
(08-31-2009 08:56 AM)Zagreus Wrote:  For those who don't know, this was directed by Scorsese, and stars Willem Dafoe as Jesus. The film is not based on the Gospels, but many think it depicts quite well the inner struggle that Jesus might have gone through.

In my opinion, this is in my top ten films; I love it. Many films show Jesus as a bit wishy washy, but Dafoe is brilliant in this. Last Temptation shows a range of emotion, unlike Gibson's 'Passion', which is just someone having the crap beaten out of them for two hours, or the bore-a-thon of Greatest Story Ever Told.

Anyone agree?

http://nogodsland-lefilm.com/accueilretour.html
bonjour
j'aimerais connaitre votre avis sur la bande annonce du film NOGODSLAND
merci.

http://nogodsland-lefilm.com/accueilretour.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2011, 08:20 AM
I love this film,too!
06-11-2011, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2011 01:30 PM by Outside_the_Gate.)
I also enjoyed it. I watched it because Christians who hadn't seen it said it was blasphemous. As Zagreus says, it shows a range of emotions.
11-14-2015, 11:38 AM
I haven't seen the movie but I've read the book. Very powerful! Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)