Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Loving God of Islam
02-22-2010, 12:52 PM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2010 12:53 PM by Ahmadi.)
The Loving God of Islam
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمـٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ

This is the opening verse of the Holy Quran, that means:

"In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful." It is mentioned at least 113 times in the Holy Quran. There are two attributes of God mentioned in here. One is Al Rahman (the Gracious) and the other is Al Raheem (the Merciful).

Al Rahman (the Gracious) attribute implies that God provides for the mankind even before they supplicate for their needs. The sun, the moon, water and numerous raw materials in our planet, the sending of Allah's prophets, revelation of the Holy Word of Allah and its communication to mankind are all by virtue of the Divine attribute of Rahmaniyyat. It is characteristic of Rahmaniyyat that it is manifested on account of pure Divine grace and beneficence, without any reference to any preceding human effort. For instance, the sun, the moon, water, air, have all been created for the benefit of mankind by virtue of the Divine attribute of Rahmaniyyat and no one can claim that they have been created in consequence of any action or effort on his part.

The attribute Al Raheem (the Merciful) implies that Allah is so loving that when humans sincerely pray to Him, He hears their prayers, as is promised by God in this verse of the Holy Quran:

"And when My servants ask thee about Me, say: ‘I am near. I answer the prayer of the supplicant when he prays to Me. So they should hearken to Me and believe in Me, that they may follow the right way.’" (Al Quran 2:187)

Here are two Hadiths about this attribute from the Book of Bokhari:

Abu Hurairah relates that the Holy Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, said: Allah says: Whoever is at enmity with one whom I befriend should beware of having to do battle with Me. When a servant of Mine seeks to approach Me through that which I like best out of what I have made obligatory upon him, and continues to advance towards Me by dint of voluntary effort beyond that prescribed then I begin to love him. When I love him I become his ears by which he hears, and his eyes with which he sees, and his hands with which he grasps, and his feet with which he walks. When he asks Me I bestow upon him and when he seeks My protection I protect him. (Bokhari)

Anas relates that the Holy Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, said: Allah says: When a servant of Mine advances towards Me a foot, I advance towards him a yard, and when he advances towards Me a yard, I advance toward him the length of his arms spread out. When he comes to Me walking, I go to him running. (Bokhari) SmileSmile

I am second coming of Thomas Paine. If you are a Christian, have you read Age of Reason?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2010, 03:08 PM
RE: The Loving God of Islam
Posting Muslim propaganda again, Ahmadi?

Allah is the cruelest god in the Abrahamic religious fold. The Quran is filled with Allah's threats to torture those who do not heed the Quran warnings. Look at these 302 verses where Allah shows no compassion whatsoever for those who do not toe the line. The only "mercy" from Allah is not torturing believers in Allah in eternal hellfire. Those who disbelieve in Allah as formulated in one man's mind, can expect no mercy at all. Christianity's forgiveness of sin and sinners is a concept not found in Muhammad's Islam.

As I've said elsewhere, belief in God extracted by threat of damnation to hell is invalid belief just as any statement of truth extracted by threat of violence or any contract signed under duress is invalid in courts of law. Only those people unused to freedom of religious and political beliefs can find comfort in a god who only cares that they obey his rules under all circumstances regardless of human frailties and mistakes most human beings are prone to. Islam is another soldiers religion where obedience to the Commander in Chief is all the Commander Allah cares about. Punishment for disobedience is draconian and when apologists try to paint a false face of "merciful" on this cruel god, it becomes a sick joke played on all Muslim believers who are left no option to be human beings with human faults.
02-22-2010, 03:57 PM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2010 04:05 PM by Ahmadi.)
If there has to be any accountability then Allah has to punish the mischief makers, but His mercy is overriding and overwhelming. All except one chapter starts with the "In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful."

The verses that you bring out are about punishing the guilty. If every thing is to be forgiven without any accounting then the guilty prosper and the meek are tortured to no end in sight.

The Holy Quran also says:

"Allah burdens not any soul beyond its capacity." (Al Quran 2:287)

"Allah desires to lighten your burden, for man has been created weak." (Al Quran 4:29)

"Say, ‘To whom belongs what is in the heavens and the earth?’ Say, ‘To Allah.’ He has taken upon Himself to show mercy." (Al Quran 6:13)

"Surely, the Believers, and the Jews, and the Christians and the Sabians — whichever party from among these truly believes in Allah and the Last Day and does good deeds — shall have their reward with their Lord, and no fear shall come upon them, nor shall they grieve." (Al Quran 2:63)

"Surely, those who have believed, and the Jews, and the Sabians, and the Christians — whoso believes in Allah and the Last Day and does good deeds, on them shall come no fear, nor shall they grieve." (Al Quran 5:70)

I think it would be hard to vindicate people of other religions by quotes from other scriptures.

"And when those who believe in Our Signs come to thee, say: ‘Peace be unto you! Your Lord has taken it upon Himself to show mercy, so that whoso among you does evil ignorantly, and repents thereafter and amends, then He is Most Forgiving, Merciful.’" (Al Quran 6:55)

"‘And ordain for us good in this world, as well as in the next; we have turned to Thee with repentance.’ God replied, ‘I will inflict My punishment on whom I will; but My mercy encompasses all things; so I will ordain it for those who act righteously, and pay the Zakat and those who believe in Our Signs." (Al Quran 7:157)

Allah will judge every little detail, but His mercy is overriding and overwhelming. The punishment will be proportionate, the punishment of finite crimes is not infinite, but even a short period of real punishment feels like a very long time. True Muslims are not presumptuous enough to judge other humans, as Allah is the Final Judge of all affairs, we can only outline the guiding principles. I have quoted only some of the verses bearing on the issue, there are more. The evidence has to examined in its totality.

Here is a book which has a detailed discussion on the attributes of God as mentioned in the first chapter of the Holy Quran:

https://www.alislam.org/quran/Commentary...Fatiha.pdf

I am second coming of Thomas Paine. If you are a Christian, have you read Age of Reason?
02-22-2010, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2010 05:38 PM by biomystic.)
(02-22-2010 03:57 PM)Ahmadi Wrote:  If there has to be any accountability then Allah has to punish the mischief makers, but His mercy is overriding and overwhelming. All except one chapter starts with the "In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful."

The verses that you bring out are about punishing the guilty. If every thing is to be forgiven without any accounting then the guilty prosper and the meek are tortured to no end in sight.

The Holy Quran also says:

"Allah burdens not any soul beyond its capacity." (Al Quran 2:287)

"Allah desires to lighten your burden, for man has been created weak." (Al Quran 4:29)

"Say, ‘To whom belongs what is in the heavens and the earth?’ Say, ‘To Allah.’ He has taken upon Himself to show mercy." (Al Quran 6:13)

"Surely, the Believers, and the Jews, and the Christians and the Sabians — whichever party from among these truly believes in Allah and the Last Day and does good deeds — shall have their reward with their Lord, and no fear shall come upon them, nor shall they grieve." (Al Quran 2:63)

"Surely, those who have believed, and the Jews, and the Sabians, and the Christians — whoso believes in Allah and the Last Day and does good deeds, on them shall come no fear, nor shall they grieve." (Al Quran 5:70)

I think it would be hard to vindicate people of other religions by quotes from other scriptures.

"And when those who believe in Our Signs come to thee, say: ‘Peace be unto you! Your Lord has taken it upon Himself to show mercy, so that whoso among you does evil ignorantly, and repents thereafter and amends, then He is Most Forgiving, Merciful.’" (Al Quran 6:55)

"‘And ordain for us good in this world, as well as in the next; we have turned to Thee with repentance.’ God replied, ‘I will inflict My punishment on whom I will; but My mercy encompasses all things; so I will ordain it for those who act righteously, and pay the Zakat and those who believe in Our Signs." (Al Quran 7:157)

Allah will judge every little detail, but His mercy is overriding and overwhelming. The punishment will be proportionate, the punishment of finite crimes is not infinite, but even a short period of real punishment feels like a very long time. True Muslims are not presumptuous enough to judge other humans, as Allah is the Final Judge of all affairs, we can only outline the guiding principles. I have quoted only some of the verses bearing on the issue, there are more. The evidence has to examined in its totality.

Here is a book which has a detailed discussion on the attributes of God as mentioned in the first chapter of the Holy Quran:

https://www.alislam.org/quran/Commentary...Fatiha.pdf

But adding the honorific "merciful" to Allah's name is not the same thing as Allah acting merciful. I bet you cannot find 302 verses in the Quran showing Allah's mercy and what mercy is it that only is given to good people following Allah's rules? That's not mercy, that's reward for obedience. Mercy can only be given to those who otherwise would be judged harshly and that list of 302 harsh judgments speak louder than any slogan attached to Allah's name.

Again, I feel sorry for Muslims who are under the thumb of a war god who seems devoid of feeling any real compassion for human frailty. Example; a young woman is married off by her parents to an older man. She meets a young man and falls in love with him. He too is in love with her. Their secret love is discovered and what happens to her by Islamic law? Stoned to death--for falling in love.
02-23-2010, 08:49 AM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2010 08:50 AM by Ahmadi.)
There is not stoning in my Islam.

A young man marries a young beautiful lady after dating her for 6 months. He has a loving nature, he keeps on falling in love with additional beautiful women that he meets at work and other places. Some of them he has secret affairs with but others will not love him back or make love to him unless he marries them, so he married 5-6 of them, on top of his affairs. He still loves his first wife. He is just a very loving guy, he is nice to all of them, sends all of them good presents on Valentines day. But when the law found about him, they sent him to jail for 20 years. The law is brutal cannot stand love!

02-23-2010, 09:51 AM
(02-23-2010 08:49 AM)Ahmadi Wrote:  There is not stoning in my Islam.

A young man marries a young beautiful lady after dating her for 6 months. He has a loving nature, he keeps on falling in love with additional beautiful women that he meets at work and other places. Some of them he has secret affairs with but others will not love him back or make love to him unless he marries them, so he married 5-6 of them, on top of his affairs. He still loves his first wife. He is just a very loving guy, he is nice to all of them, sends all of them good presents on Valentines day. But when the law found about him, they sent him to jail for 20 years. The law is brutal cannot stand love!

I notice you do not say anything about women. Muslims are still stoning women to death for adultery. Here's one link to Iranians doing it. Muslims are doing it in the Sudan as well, probably any place where Sharia law is in force. Allah is cruel and unforgiving with "mercy" only a reward for good believers and no mercy, no forgiveness for those who break Islamic law.
02-23-2010, 01:19 PM
We are not against women. We love them as our mothers, sisters, daughters and nieces. We can even love more than one wife, under certain circumstances, but never more than 4 at a time. Muslim men can be more loving, not all of them, but some of them!

We can have agreed upon secular laws as I said before, but even when there was law of lashing for extramarital sex, or if Westeren countries ever vote this law in, to prevent the downhill course of family values, no one needs to get the punishment unless they were doing it in public and produced 4 eye witnesses. This is one of those laws that are in the books but never implemented, unless the guilty are asking for it!

02-23-2010, 03:40 PM
Isnt there a haddith or something similar somewhere where Mohamamd claimed he was Ar-Rahman. I am sure I have read it ??.
02-23-2010, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2010 04:44 PM by biomystic.)
(02-23-2010 01:19 PM)Ahmadi Wrote:  We are not against women. We love them as our mothers, sisters, daughters and nieces. We can even love more than one wife, under certain circumstances, but never more than 4 at a time. Muslim men can be more loving, not all of them, but some of them!

We can have agreed upon secular laws as I said before, but even when there was law of lashing for extramarital sex, or if Westeren countries ever vote this law in, to prevent the downhill course of family values, no one needs to get the punishment unless they were doing it in public and produced 4 eye witnesses. This is one of those laws that are in the books but never implemented, unless the guilty are asking for it!

Well, there you are, Ahmadi. You, as a liberal interpreter of Sharia laws are still condoning the barbarism in those laws, e.g., giving the same reasons for inflicting them as the Quran gives. If a moderate Muslim doesn't see the reasons why Sharia laws are barbaric then what will fundamentalist Muslims see? Nothing but implementation of the full extent of Sharia laws which will pit Muslims against all who value personal freedoms and protection of human rights. In the West adultery is not a criminal offense and no woman is stoned to death for adultery, no woman is flogged for drinking beer while poor Muslim women have to live their lives knowing that they cannot follow their hearts, cannot dress any way they want to but must follow the Muslim dress code for women, cannot ever swim in swimsuits or heaven forbid, skinny dip as free Western women can do. But the worst is that no Muslim can leave Islam for another religion without risking their lives in Muslim countries. Coercion in religion is what Islam is based upon, from fear of Allah's condemning to eternal hellfire all non-believers in Muhammad's book, to fear of death for quitting Islam.

I'm sorry for you, Ahmadi, that you're stuck with a morally unacceptable totalitarian religion to us Westerners used to the freedoms allowed by democratic secular governments.
02-23-2010, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2010 05:07 PM by Ahmadi.)
(02-23-2010 03:40 PM)Phill Wrote:  Isnt there a haddith or something similar somewhere where Mohamamd claimed he was Ar-Rahman. I am sure I have read it ??.

That will be most unlikely. Muhammad was very particular about not becoming divine having known the fall of the Christians. He prohibited making his painting or statue etc. When his son Abraham died, there was a solar eclipse and people wanted to link it to his son's death but he denied that saying that eclipse was a natural phenomenon, nothing to do with his son's death.

In my Islam there is no punishment for changing religion, that is your freedom of religion. There are several verses in the Holy Quran talking about freedom of religion. Let me suggest two short books for someone who really wants to get into this:

http://www.alislam.org/books/apostacy/index.html
http://www.alislam.org/library/books/mna/index.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Thread of the loving dead PopeADope 36 1,643 06-26-2016 03:46 AM
Last Post: Klang
  Would a loving Jesus or God wait this long before reappearing? Greatest I am 79 5,711 05-26-2012 08:40 AM
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Very strong evidence for linking Math & Nature directly to our loving Creator! Anita Meyer 42 5,445 06-05-2010 10:46 AM
Last Post: IMtM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)