Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Moloch problem with the god of Abraham
03-06-2010, 07:36 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2010 07:38 PM by biomystic.)
The Moloch problem with the god of Abraham
Abrahamic religions are founded on the "righteousness" of Abraham willing to sacrifice his firstborn son as a burnt offering to God. What I have learned is that the god who was very well known in the Near East for demanding such burnt sacrifices was Moloch. Certainly it was not EL Elyon because there doesn't exist any Canaanite religious texts I know of wherein EL demands human sacrifice of firstborn children. Since in Hebrew "Moloch" and "melech" (meaning "king") are the same word scholars are unclear about the relationship between "melech" and "Moloch". To add to the confusion there is Melchizedek, a name derived from "melech" who is said to be a king of Salem but his name meant "priest of Moloch or improbably "priest of the king", improbable because he already was supposedly a king. Moloch was a war god, "the Great Moloch of war" and Melchizedek honors Abraham's (Abram's) war victories. Still more confusion is the word "hamra" which was the name given by ancient Babylonians to the sites where children were sacrificed to Moloch. God changes Abram's name to Abra-ham.

Child sacrifice is co-existent with warfare wherein young men are routinely offered up as cannon fodder to wage war for their elders. Not only are young men sacrificed they also sacrifice their humanity in becoming instruments of war. Are Abrahamic believers still worshiping Moloch under different names for God?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2010, 10:41 PM
RE: The Moloch problem with the god of Abraham
I stand corrected re no EL association with child sacrifice. Finding the words frequently mentioned on Google sites about "the Great Moloch of War" I went searching for the meaning of that statement and could not find much of anything except more about child sacrifice. But in the Jewish Virtual Library online one can see that the confusion of Moloch and Melech is apparent and "the Great Moloch of War" would make some linguistic sense as "the Great King of War". From the Jewish Virtual Library which has a great deal about Moloch worship.

"As the classical sources have it, the sacrifices of children at Carthage, a colony founded by Phoenicians on the coast of Northeast Tunisia, usually came after a defeat and a great disaster – a religious practice based upon an ancient mythological tradition. Thus Phoenician tradition ascribed to Sanchuniaton relates that the god Elos (= El) sacrificed his son following a war which brought disaster upon the state. If the classical reports are accurate, it could be maintained that there is no real connection therefore between the Phoenician-Punic child sacrifices which are sporadic and conditioned by crisis and the Moloch worship which was an institution or cult. In contrast though to the classical reports, the archaeological discoveries at Carthage, which attest some 20,000 burials of infant bones along with animal bones in what are evidently not instances of natural death appear to conflict with the classical reports. There is as yet no evidence of child sacrifice in the Carthaginian homeland, the cities of Phoenicia (Lebanon) proper, where far less excavation has been done."
03-07-2010, 08:48 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2010 09:17 AM by Raphael.)
glad biomystic does not provide links to his spew.
it means I must satisfy myself that his findings are worth reBLEATing.

keep up the shoddy work dude.
ewe will be rewarded.

here is what I found with a link...

Quote:"Infanticide has been practiced on every continent and by people on every level of cultural complexity, from hunter gatherers to high civilizations, including our own ancestors. Rather than being an exception, then, it has been the rule."

http://www.answers.com/topic/infanticide..._Neolithic

how about we discuss MOLOCH the OWL now?
why oh why was the OWL revered?

HOW did the ancients know that OWLS have 'ASYMMETRIC hearing' which allows them to capture their PREY in total darkness?
does the IGNORANT bio-mystic know that without this ability of the OWL, that in fact this would allow the judeao/christian rats spreading a bubonic belief like the plague at night can rest easy?
Yes the spiritual rats and thiefs are safe from the OWL with symmetric hearing abilities...

I know biomystic did not know this.
otherwise he would not spew his ARCHETYPAL moloch crap which is NOT to be taken literally.

Duh
duh
Duh
what does ASYMMETRY have to do with anything?
Matter and anti-MATTER are asymmetric.
YES the most basic building blocks at the HEART and MIND of every human is ASYMMETRIC...

IGNORANCE is bliSS folks.
go back to shleep bible babblers.
THE TRUMPETs will sound soon enough to wake the herd of EWE all up.

EWE folks who take the divine language of archetype LITERALLY are fookin' lost.
IMHO

Duh trumpets
What does SOUND have to do with anything?
Duh what happened to the SOUND component of the Big Bang theory?
duh the primal SOUND is OM?
duh don't say the name of YHWH, it is verboten, it will weaken him?
duh
duh how did the ancient Greeks know that the LIVER could regenerate itself?
As the myth of Prometheus who had his liver eaten daily by ZeuS' eagle suggests?
duh
duh
EWE folks are ashleep at the wheel of fortunes, just like the captain of the Titanic...

This IGNORANT CULTure is going down down down,
slayed by what it could not see coming as it sped across the ocean, in a race against ASYMMETRICAL TIME, in order to set an egotistical record?

duh
duh
duh
My guess would be...is that infanticide was in some way connected to ASYMMETRY.

EWE know, the evil LEFT-handers like myself, who about to make a comeback in a very big way, after the EM 'flips' and things reverse themselves in this pathetic 'RIGHTeous' world that fears the LEFT... Wink

Ever wonder why the LEFT-HANDED scythe does not exist in the material world we inhabit?
Well at least one we can *see*.
Your sheeple consciousness shall be 'decapitated' just like St. John and many infants found.
Waving Goodbye

namaste

NATURE cannot be HIDDEN only VEILeD with NARRATIVES that defy NATURE

CodeX4 and the Reconciliation of Science and Religion
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/about/
03-07-2010, 03:07 PM
Raphael, you're your own worst enemy in your postings. You posts read like a schizophrenic madman's filled with interior meanings only you understand. I'd work on your presentation skills if you want people to pay attention to your ideas.
03-07-2010, 04:12 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2010 04:15 PM by Raphael.)
(03-07-2010 03:07 PM)biomystic Wrote:  Raphael, you're your own worst enemy in your postings. You posts read like a schizophrenic madman's filled with interior meanings only you understand. I'd work on your presentation skills if you want people to pay attention to your ideas.

crazy eh?
do I sound more like the serpentine allegorical jeSuS or the madman Ezekiel?
can't figure out what I say?
BUT I BET YOU CLAIM to know what Ezekiel meant or what all of jeSuS' sayings meant?

sorry I gave you far too much credit bio-mystic.
seems I will need to handle poor ole ignorant ewe with care...

why don't we go through each line of my post?
I am very patient.
where did I lose you?
LINE 2, 5, 8, 11?
Which one?

ask questions...dude
Or does a fella like you only give advice?

namaste

03-07-2010, 06:47 PM
(03-07-2010 04:12 PM)Raphael Wrote:  
(03-07-2010 03:07 PM)biomystic Wrote:  Raphael, you're your own worst enemy in your postings. You posts read like a schizophrenic madman's filled with interior meanings only you understand. I'd work on your presentation skills if you want people to pay attention to your ideas.

crazy eh?
do I sound more like the serpentine allegorical jeSuS or the madman Ezekiel?
can't figure out what I say?
BUT I BET YOU CLAIM to know what Ezekiel meant or what all of jeSuS' sayings meant?

sorry I gave you far too much credit bio-mystic.
seems I will need to handle poor ole ignorant ewe with care...

why don't we go through each line of my post?
I am very patient.
where did I lose you?
LINE 2, 5, 8, 11?
Which one?

ask questions...dude
Or does a fella like you only give advice?

namaste

I AM THE GREAT OZ. I only answer questions. I do not as.assss..ahk! ahKK!(hack, cough! cough! wheeze)

Will SOMEBODY Turn Off that #!#!*#! smoke machine?!!)
03-08-2010, 10:30 AM
(03-07-2010 06:47 PM)biomystic Wrote:  I AM THE GREAT OZ. I only answer questions. I do not as.assss..ahk! ahKK!(hack, cough! cough! wheeze)

Will SOMEBODY Turn Off that #!#!*#! smoke machine?!!)

glad EWE said it.

he was a fookin' fraud just like EWE.

go here stop being an IGNORANT reborn sheeple reBLEATer...
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showpost....tcount=143

ewe da wiz?

mesatan

03-08-2010, 02:37 PM
"he was a fookin' fraud just like EWE."

He was a character in a story. I AM real. Got a drivers license and Social Security card to prove it. Plus rent and utility receipts..
03-08-2010, 03:34 PM
(03-06-2010 07:36 PM)biomystic Wrote:  Abrahamic religions are founded on the "righteousness" of Abraham willing to sacrifice his firstborn son as a burnt offering to God. What I have learned is that the god who was very well known in the Near East for demanding such burnt sacrifices was Moloch. Certainly it was not EL Elyon because there doesn't exist any Canaanite religious texts I know of wherein EL demands human sacrifice of firstborn children. Since in Hebrew "Moloch" and "melech" (meaning "king") are the same word scholars are unclear about the relationship between "melech" and "Moloch". To add to the confusion there is Melchizedek, a name derived from "melech" who is said to be a king of Salem but his name meant "priest of Moloch or improbably "priest of the king", improbable because he already was supposedly a king. Moloch was a war god, "the Great Moloch of war" and Melchizedek honors Abraham's (Abram's) war victories. Still more confusion is the word "hamra" which was the name given by ancient Babylonians to the sites where children were sacrificed to Moloch. God changes Abram's name to Abra-ham.

Child sacrifice is co-existent with warfare wherein young men are routinely offered up as cannon fodder to wage war for their elders. Not only are young men sacrificed they also sacrifice their humanity in becoming instruments of war. Are Abrahamic believers still worshiping Moloch under different names for God?

It must come in very handy when you make up your own god and your own religion in your head, huh. That way you can refute any truth because the truth is whatever happens to be swirling around in your cranium.
03-08-2010, 04:25 PM
(03-08-2010 03:34 PM)TheCatholic Wrote:  
(03-06-2010 07:36 PM)biomystic Wrote:  Abrahamic religions are founded on the "righteousness" of Abraham willing to sacrifice his firstborn son as a burnt offering to God. What I have learned is that the god who was very well known in the Near East for demanding such burnt sacrifices was Moloch. Certainly it was not EL Elyon because there doesn't exist any Canaanite religious texts I know of wherein EL demands human sacrifice of firstborn children. Since in Hebrew "Moloch" and "melech" (meaning "king") are the same word scholars are unclear about the relationship between "melech" and "Moloch". To add to the confusion there is Melchizedek, a name derived from "melech" who is said to be a king of Salem but his name meant "priest of Moloch or improbably "priest of the king", improbable because he already was supposedly a king. Moloch was a war god, "the Great Moloch of war" and Melchizedek honors Abraham's (Abram's) war victories. Still more confusion is the word "hamra" which was the name given by ancient Babylonians to the sites where children were sacrificed to Moloch. God changes Abram's name to Abra-ham.

It must come in very handy when you make up your own god and your own religion in your head, huh. That way you can refute any truth because the truth is whatever happens to be swirling around in your cranium.
Yes, agreed. Modern religions are no longer based upon events or facts, it's just a God Collage. They just take whatever they think is nice or looks "cool" and put it on a board in the form of a sticky note. Some of the sticky notes overlap each other, but who cares? It's their "opinion".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Abraham's God shiverleaf15 65 4,894 01-01-2014 02:34 AM
Last Post: Niva
  Why do the Abraham religions not use God’s true name? Greatest I am 27 2,405 11-03-2010 04:54 PM
Last Post: iholdit
  The Biomystical etymology of the name "Abraham" biomystic 52 6,431 07-19-2010 01:17 PM
Last Post: vociferous
  The End of Abraham biomystic 57 6,154 02-05-2010 10:50 PM
Last Post: biomystic

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)