Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Mormon Church
11-21-2008, 03:33 AM
The Mormon Church
A lot of people try and prove this religion to be wrong yet the followers are stronger and have more faith than any other christian group. Ask yourself if you could give up the two best years of your life (19-21) for a religion that you aren't sure is right. All though the mormon religion may seem foolish to many, it has many teachings and practices that bring peace and comfort to many. The Mormon church helps more people in need than any other group. If I can think of any church that knows what they're doing it is the Mormon church. That is why it is the fastest growing organization in the world. How can one put down another's belief and believe that their own is more legitmate when they are so similar. I can only imagine what the Buddhist preists think of the common American's belief (Christianity). If you are Christian and you believe that every Mormon, Buddhist, Atheist etc. is going to hell that you are greatly mistaken. We've got to agree to disagree, respectively. I believe that there is an omnipotent and omniscient force behind everything. A force that brings balance to everything. The answer is infront of us. This is where science and spirituality are both one in the same. Nature has figured it out, now it is time for us humans too. There's a lot of things that distract us from truth. I think Jack White of White Stripes said it best "truth doesn't make a noise." Go out and find your own truth. One that isn't what your paster gets payed to tell you. One that hasn't been swallowed then coughed up by every other religious figure that thinks that he has it figured it out (no offense to them). Learn to think for yourself and in that way you will find peace. Everybody needs to find their own peace and nobody else can do it for them. Don't ignore ispiration and spiritual moments for they will bring peace. Try to be a little less worldly and a little more spiritual. You might find life to be a little easier and clear. Try and enjoy your life because too many people these days go about their days with a feeling of insignificance and pain because they want or are waiting for something that isn't real. If you could have anything you wanted you'd be miserable. We are suppose to work hard in our lives for the things that we want, learn a lot and in that way we can learn gratification. The reason why Jesus, Buddha, and many other prophets were such great humanitarians and prophets was the lessons they taught and their selflessness. There's a lot to learn from the bible and I believe there are also many things that people translate incorrectly. Maybe hell isn't a place where "bad" people go when they die. Maybe it is just a state of mind that we enter when we forget what is really important. Maybe it is a way for all of us to learn the truth. Maybe heaven and hell exists in everyone of us. Figure out what really makes you happy. For the Mormon religion I know it is family, service and purity. All of these things should be very important for everybody but again we get distracted and let worldly things take over such as selfishness, pride, hate, jealousy, lying etc. All things that the Bible teaches us not to do. Don't read the Bible looking for an answer but for a way to live in harmony and humility. A lot of people believe that the Book of Mormon was made up by Joseph Smith, and maybe it was. But what it teaches and the impact it has had on this world is significantly more positive than negative. In this case I will think of Joseph Smith as a true prophet of the world. So if you can sit at your computers and try to tell everyone else every reason why it can't be "the answer" than maybe you need to think a little more about what would be different if Joseph Smith had never lived or had inspiration to start this religion. Because of what he did many people are happy. And that's what's important. The Mormon church has served so many people through the kindness of their hearts. Not expecting anything in return. I believe Jesus would approve. Stop trying to prove everybody else's religion wrong and start doing the things that Jesus would have wanted you to do. Serve others. Love others. The love you take is equal to the love that you give. Although I do not belong to any religions at the moment I am glad that I was raised in the Mormon religion. My mother and 5 brothers and sisters are all Mormon, one of which is a twin brother that has started going back to church and will be going on his 2 year mission in February. I'm happy for him and I think he will learn a lot and bring happiness and peace to many others in need. Learn to sincerely love your family, friends, and most important, your enemies. For if you can love them you will know humility. I am 18 years old and sometimes I feel that I am the only person around me that knows truth that will bring me peace. Not something that sounds reasonable or more realistic than every other idea, but one that lets me calm down and feel gratitude for everything little stupid thing in my little insignificant life. I encourage you to go out and find your own truth. You might be surprised at how it will change your life. And please stop trying to be the smartest person around because you sound like everybody else, putting down any belief that isn't your own. There is truth to any belief as long as it brings happiness, peace, humility. And please don't turn down the Mormon missionaries everytime they show up at your door. They could teach you something that will change your life if you're willing to listen.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2008, 08:35 AM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2008 10:47 AM by Anthem.)
RE: The Mormon Church
cometogether Wrote:And please stop trying to be the smartest person around

Hi,
I couldn't resist quoting those words from your post. I'm much older than you and I would agree with those words completely. It seems like most people think they are the smartest people around, and what’s worse is that they don't seem to know that they really don't know hardly anything. When I was young I thought I knew everything, but age has educated me on how little I really do know. Sometimes those who see the least are those who think they see the most.
There’s a lot to learn about life, and history can be a good teacher. I'm not Morman, but I agree that we should all seek out the truth, and realize what a serious job it is. What we believe about God is an important decision.
Look around and see a world that is hurting, and people desperately searching for something that can bring hope to their lives.
As a Christian I have found some wonderful answers to a lifetime of questions. Most important is the fact that the world doesn’t just revolve around me. There are a lot of hurting people out there, and I don't mind sharing my conclusions, even though some people may disagree. If anyone is helped by anything I can offer, it is worth it.
11-21-2008, 05:17 PM
RE: The Mormon Church
-Found this last night after I posted that very long preachy post. Thought it was pretty interesting...

"Einstein published a paper in Nature in 1940 entitled "Science and Religion"in which he said that: "a person who is religiously enlightened appears to me to be one who has, to the best of his ability, liberated himself from the fetters of his selfish desires and is preoccupied with thoughts, feelings and aspirations to which he clings because of their super-personal value ... regardless of whether any attempt is made to unite this content with a Divine Being, for otherwise it would not be possible to count Buddha and Spinoza as religious personalities. Accordingly a religious person is devout in the sense that he has no doubt of the significance of those super-personal objects and goals which neither require nor are capable of rational foundation ... In this sense religion is the age-old endeavour of mankind to become clearly and completely conscious of these values and goals, and constantly to strengthen their effects." He argued that conflicts between science and religion "have all sprung from fatal errors." "Even though the realms of religion and science in themselves are clearly marked off from each other" there are "strong reciprocal relationships and dependencies ... science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind ... a legitimate conflict between science and religion cannot exist." In Einstein's view, "neither the rule of human nor Divine Will exists as an independent cause of natural events. To be sure, the doctrine of a personal God interfering with natural events could never be refuted ... by science, for [it] can always take refuge in those domains in which scientific knowledge has not yet been able to set foot."

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)