Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Most Hated Woman in America - Netflix
04-07-2017, 07:42 AM
RE: The Most Hated Woman in America - Netflix
PeterPants Wrote:I still dont get pantheism, i mean... why call anything 'god' at all? whats the point? it doesnt seem to add anything to the description, an understanding or anything..

There's two kinds of Philosophical Theists (and yes this means Deism is considered formally a "Theism", Timothy): the ones who feel philosophical arguments prove the existence of something like a necessary great intelligent entity (which I think merits the title God), and those who lack such arguments and want to apply the title to something already in existence, which is often the case with many of the Pantheists.

We will wait on Tim to explain which kind he is.

"To yield and give way to our passions is the lowest slavery, even as to rule over them is the only liberty." -Justin Martyr
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2017, 05:32 PM
(04-07-2017 07:42 AM)shiverleaf15 Wrote:  
PeterPants Wrote:I still dont get pantheism, i mean... why call anything 'god' at all? whats the point? it doesnt seem to add anything to the description, an understanding or anything..

There's two kinds of Philosophical Theists (and yes this means Deism is considered formally a "Theism", Timothy): the ones who feel philosophical arguments prove the existence of something like a necessary great intelligent entity (which I think merits the title God), and those who lack such arguments and want to apply the title to something already in existence, which is often the case with many of the Pantheists.

Deism is different from Theism. Look it up. I also fit in neither of your options for the two kinds of theists you erroneously and, btw, arrogantly, claimed there are. I'm not sure how I can make it any clearer that I don't believe in, nor desire any part of your biblical God. I very very highly doubt the existence of a personal, caring God. At the most, as I have said a few times now...Sigh......I sometimes consider the slight chance of a non personal Deist Entity. You really need to look up the difference between those two, as you're making this far too difficult for yourself. I could post a link explaining it all, I guess.
04-07-2017, 07:52 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2017 07:53 PM by The_Squid.)
Deism is a branch of theism.

Theism is the umberella with deism somewhere under it.

Theism is a belief in god or gods. Desists are also theists.

----------------------
Does anyone know where the love of God goes
when the waves turn the minutes to hours?
04-07-2017, 08:02 PM
Quote:I sometimes consider the slight chance of a non personal Deist Entity.

why? please explain.

~~~

when we enter a discussion on matters of discordance, we should search for truth not victory, In this manner we always win, there are no losers.
04-08-2017, 08:12 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2017 08:14 PM by shiverleaf15.)
(04-07-2017 05:32 PM)Timothy Wrote:  
(04-07-2017 07:42 AM)shiverleaf15 Wrote:  

Deism is different from Theism. Look it up. I also fit in neither of your options for the two kinds of theists you erroneously and, btw, arrogantly, claimed there are. I'm not sure how I can make it any clearer that I don't believe in, nor desire any part of your biblical God. I very very highly doubt the existence of a personal, caring God. At the most, as I have said a few times now...Sigh......I sometimes consider the slight chance of a non personal Deist Entity. You really need to look up the difference between those two, as you're making this far too difficult for yourself. I could post a link explaining it all, I guess.

1. Deism is a form of Theism just as Squid noted. In this case I recommend you look it up as well. In any case it's a category thing. You may be defining "God" narrowly such that Theism (belief in God) is narrower than others would have it be. In a more broad use of the term "God" (required in Deism), it would be perfectly ok to call belief-in-God "Theism": this puts Deism in the Theism category. Nothing about that term requires a personal deity.

2. Give me an example of a third kind. You should also be a little more charitable before calling people arrogant who you barely know on a site where personal attacks are kind of disallowed. Tone it down with the aggressive demeanor please.

3. I've never told you that you need to take part in my biblical God. I have no idea where you are getting this.

"To yield and give way to our passions is the lowest slavery, even as to rule over them is the only liberty." -Justin Martyr
04-22-2017, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2017 12:37 PM by Trump-it.)
(03-30-2017 05:25 PM)PeterPants Wrote:  
Quote:Trump's newly appointed EPA administrator Scott Pruitt rightfully says CO2 isn't a pollutant. Smile

Scott Pruitt stands poised to reverse a decade of EPA climate change policy, but he lacks the authority to have the United States withdrawal from the Paris Agreement. Sad

regardless of how often people say garbage like this, the science still points the complete other way. climate change danger denial is a conspiracy theory, nothing more.
C02 isn't a pollutant. And he didn't deny anything. It's just that as we increase the amount of C02 in the atmosphere, that increases the greenhouse effect.
In response to the OP. I would say Hillary Clinton is the most hated woman in America.
04-22-2017, 01:16 PM
(04-22-2017 12:35 PM)Trump-it Wrote:  
(03-30-2017 05:25 PM)PeterPants Wrote:  
Quote:Trump's newly appointed EPA administrator Scott Pruitt rightfully says CO2 isn't a pollutant. Smile

Scott Pruitt stands poised to reverse a decade of EPA climate change policy, but he lacks the authority to have the United States withdrawal from the Paris Agreement. Sad

regardless of how often people say garbage like this, the science still points the complete other way. climate change danger denial is a conspiracy theory, nothing more.
C02 isn't a pollutant. And he didn't deny anything. It's just that as we increase the amount of C02 in the atmosphere, that increases the greenhouse effect.

The dictionary defines a pollutant as: "a substance that pollutes something, especially water or the atmosphere.". According to this definition, CO2 is a pollutant.

It's indeed also a greenhouse gas, but as such it is a pollutant.

Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)