Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The Mother in Islam
11-22-2008, 05:18 AM
The Mother in Islam
The Muslim mom has a very special place, high up on a pedestal. Mothers are revered and adored, showered with affection, and shown great respect.

In a well-loved hadith, the Prophet (PBUH) is reported to have said, "Paradise lies at the feet of mothers." This means that we gain admission to Jannah (Heaven) through our treatment of our mothers. We can also be denied admission through mistreatment of mothers. It is said that no person will ever be granted access to Paradise if his mother died while angry with him. Now, obviously, there are many other factors that determine whether or not a person will ever see Jannah. This hadith simply shows the importance of being kind to our mothers.
Still another hadith reports that a man asked the Prophet (PBUH), "Who is most worthy of my love and respect?" The Prophet (PBUH)replied, "Your mother." The man asked, "And then who?" The Prophet (PBUH) again answered, "Your mother." The man asked one more time and received the same answer. When the man asked the question a fourth time, the Prophet (PBUH) answered, "Your father."

This is not to say that we should not love our fathers, or that our fathers are not important in our lives. Our fathers provide for us and guide us. It is mothers, though, who are generally tasked with most of the child-rearing responsibilities. It is usually our mothers who are there to comfort us, hold us, tend to us when sick, feed us, and clean us. In early childhood, it is usually the mother who witnesses her child's firsts, who rejoices over their victories, and who commiserates over their defeats. Moms share their children's childhoods, living each step with them.

Most hadiths go on to explain why a mother is so special... she sacrificed her youth and beauty for her children, she bore them in painful pregnancies, she withstood pain in labor, and she breastfed through hardship. It is often discussed that mothers give up their lives for their children. In return, the children owe their mothers a lifetime of love, care, respect, and affection.

When you have been blessed with a loving, nurturing mom, you should celebrate her every day. Do not wait for a circle on your calendar. A true mother is a divine gift and should be treated as such year-round.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2009, 07:22 PM
RE: The Mother in Islam
Quote:
When you have been blessed with a loving, nurturing mom, you should celebrate her every day. Do not wait for a circle on your calendar. A true mother is a divine gift and should be treated as such year-round.

True. Very good.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2009, 11:20 AM
Ask God to preserve our mothers
Nice theme
\
thank you mr;sauuuudi

{إِنَّ الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ وَعَمِلُواْ الصَّالِحَاتِ وَأَخْبَتُواْ إِلَى رَبِّهِمْ أُوْلَـئِكَ أَصْحَابُ الجَنَّةِ هُمْ فِيهَا خَالِدُونَ }
هود23
06-22-2010, 04:05 AM
No other relation in the world can compete the greatness of mother. In Islam the status of mother is very high. Both Quran and Sunnah have described mother as the highly respectable person and have always emphasized people to respect and obey their parents specially mother.

Quran Says ""We have enjoined on man kindness to his parents; in pain did his mother bear him, and in pain did she give him birth" (46:15).

A man came to the Prophet and said, ‘O Messenger of God! Who among the people is the most worthy of my good companionship? The Prophet said: Your mother. The man said, ‘Then who?' The Prophet said: Then your mother. The man further asked, ‘Then who?' The Prophet said: Then your mother. The man asked again, ‘Then who?' The Prophet said: Then your father. (Bukhari, Muslim).

One to One live Quran classes
06-22-2010, 08:21 AM
(06-22-2010 04:05 AM)Muhammad Emmad Wrote:  No other relation in the world can compete the greatness of mother. In Islam the status of mother is very high. Both Quran and Sunnah have described mother as the highly respectable person and have always emphasized people to respect and obey their parents specially mother.

Quran Says ""We have enjoined on man kindness to his parents; in pain did his mother bear him, and in pain did she give him birth" (46:15).

A man came to the Prophet and said, ‘O Messenger of God! Who among the people is the most worthy of my good companionship? The Prophet said: Your mother. The man said, ‘Then who?' The Prophet said: Then your mother. The man further asked, ‘Then who?' The Prophet said: Then your mother. The man asked again, ‘Then who?' The Prophet said: Then your father. (Bukhari, Muslim).

Mothers are women. If women are relegated to second-class citizenship in Muslim society, stripped of even their ability to choose their own clothing, some being literally imprisoned in clothing most all their lives without a peep of protest by fellow Muslims, where is the Islamic respect of mothers then? Without equal rights in every respect there is no real respect for women in Islam. I recently was in Egypt and Palestine and can tell you respect for Muslim women or any woman for that matter, regardless of being mothers, is not equal at all to how Muslims treat Muslim men. Conversations were always directed to me as a man while my travel companion being a woman was ignored time and again as if she didn't count for anything. There was a mall in downtown Cairo whose every shop catered to men with only a token spot in a corner of one shop devoted to women's clothing. Without respect for women and women's rights to be equal to men in all important social matters including religious ones (where are the women imams?) claiming Islamic respect for mothers is hypocrisy.
06-25-2010, 08:38 AM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2010 08:42 AM by Muhammad Emmad.)
@biomystic
The actions of all the Muslims are not necessarily according to the teachings of Quran and Sunnah. There are always exceptions when it comes to practicing the religion.You cannot criticize Quran or Islam for this reason. There is no ambiguity in the teaching. It's the way of interpretation. Actions of a believer of a religion whatever that may be can be wrong but not the religion or its teachings.

Women and specially the mother have been given great value and respect in Islam. Islam has strictly forbidden any violence against them.

You always keep criticizing religion. I don't know its your mentality or what. Learn to show some respect and always look for the truth instead of criticizing without any reason.

06-25-2010, 09:20 AM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2010 09:20 AM by kevlar.)
(06-25-2010 08:38 AM)Muhammad Emmad Wrote:  @biomystic
The actions of all the Muslims are not necessarily according to the teachings of Quran and Sunnah. There are always exceptions when it comes to practicing the religion.You cannot criticize Quran or Islam for this reason. There is no ambiguity in the teaching. It's the way of interpretation. Actions of a believer of a religion whatever that may be can be wrong but not the religion or its teachings.

Women and specially the mother have been given great value and respect in Islam. Islam has strictly forbidden any violence against them.

You always keep criticizing religion. I don't know its your mentality or what. Learn to show some respect and always look for the truth instead of criticizing without any reason.

What does that mean to the Muslim mothers who have been killed by Muslim suicide bombers

????????????????
06-25-2010, 02:16 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2010 02:17 PM by biomystic.)

An ideology is proven by its performance, not its intentions. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Sorry, but I have plenty of historical evidence to show that each Abrahamic belief system is quite capable of turning its believers into weapons of war no matter what the "good" parts of their Scripts say. Your rationalization for excusing believers is one heard often in Abrahamic religious conversations. "Oh, it's those bad Muslims, (or Christians or Jews..) who aren't following the teachings correctly who are busy killing people in the name of God. Meanwhile, whole societies suffer the rampages of Abrahamic religionists out of control.

Then why do the targets of Muslim suicide bombers so often include women?

As I've said before respect is earned, not demanded. And I always look for the truth which is why I criticize yours and actually every organized religious belief system. The truth is that when you allow yourself to adopt an ancient book's theology and ancient men's ideas about God and society you've given up rationality as far as I'm concerned. No one goes to a doctor who is using medical practices that are 1400 years out of date yet people don't think twice about doing this for their guidance to the will of God. The holy books are at best guides for social behavior but when they become absolute requirements then we can expect social violence is not far behind. My proof? Look at the historical record and tell me that either Judaism, Pauline Christianity or Islam has produced a consistent community of peaceful and productive members of society. In irony for Muslims, the one Muslim community that consistently does produce non-violent people are the Ahmadiyyahs who are attacked by their fellow Muslims for their beliefs not being orthodox. Perhaps that will tell you something about how orthodox Abrahamic beliefs engender social violence.
06-28-2010, 04:45 AM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2010 04:58 AM by Muhammad Emmad.)
(06-25-2010 09:20 AM)kevlar Wrote:  

What does that mean to the Muslim mothers who have been killed by Muslim suicide bombers

Suicide is strictly forbidden in Islam, its a haram act, whoever does this is not a Muslim anymore. So, this isn't a valid point. Islam doesn't teach its follower to commit act like suicide bombing, those who do this are not Muslims.

Here are some verses of Quran regarding suicide.

“Do not kill yourselves, for Allah is compassionate towards you. Whoever does so, in transgression and wrongfully, we shall roast in a fire, and that is an easy matter for Allah. (an-Nisaa 4:29-30).

"Do not throw yourselves with your own hands into destruction. You shall be charitable; GOD loves the charitable." (Glorious Quran 2:195).
(06-25-2010 02:16 PM)biomystic Wrote:  

An ideology is proven by its performance, not its intentions. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Sorry, but I have plenty of historical evidence to show that each Abrahamic belief system is quite capable of turning its believers into weapons of war no matter what the "good" parts of their Scripts say. Your rationalization for excusing believers is one heard often in Abrahamic religious conversations. "Oh, it's those bad Muslims, (or Christians or Jews..) who aren't following the teachings correctly who are busy killing people in the name of God. Meanwhile, whole societies suffer the rampages of Abrahamic religionists out of control.

Then why do the targets of Muslim suicide bombers so often include women?

As I've said before respect is earned, not demanded. And I always look for the truth which is why I criticize yours and actually every organized religious belief system. The truth is that when you allow yourself to adopt an ancient book's theology and ancient men's ideas about God and society you've given up rationality as far as I'm concerned. No one goes to a doctor who is using medical practices that are 1400 years out of date yet people don't think twice about doing this for their guidance to the will of God. The holy books are at best guides for social behavior but when they become absolute requirements then we can expect social violence is not far behind. My proof? Look at the historical record and tell me that either Judaism, Pauline Christianity or Islam has produced a consistent community of peaceful and productive members of society. In irony for Muslims, the one Muslim community that consistently does produce non-violent people are the Ahmadiyyahs who are attacked by their fellow Muslims for their beliefs not being orthodox. Perhaps that will tell you something about how orthodox Abrahamic beliefs engender social violence.

Such long and useless replies from you are not going to change the reality about the truthfulness of Quran and the perfection of Islam. Islam neither has demanded respect nor it will ever from the people like you.

No matter how much evidences and proofs you put forward, you cannot prove that Islam or Quran teaches Muslims to do this. Religion can guide people, it cannot force people, it can show them the right path but cannot drag them there. God has blessed human's with the vision to see things and understand them, he has given us the ability to differentiate between the right and wrong but despite all these blessings if the people are still not able to utilize these blessings of God then you cannot blame God or a religion for this.

Religion can only be judged if studied, understood and followed yourself. You cannot derive conclusions based on the actions of those who do not follow Islam well.

06-28-2010, 05:01 AM
I apologise for the post Muhammad Emmad, I understand I hope that there are people who call themselves Muslim and commit atrocities, who really are not Muslim. Just as there are people who call themselves Christian (or other beliefs) and commit atrocities and are not Christians.

????????????????

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)