Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Other Side
07-31-2011, 01:51 PM
The Other Side
I tried posting a thread like this once before, and it seemed that only the Agnostic and Atheist, with very few Theist participated, so I thought I would try it again. To try to see what we really understand about those that disagree with your beliefs, pick a topic. Marriage, homosexuality, Abortion, Creation, Creator, Creators, and so on, and agrue the point for the other side. For example. Since I am an Atheist, if I were to pick the Creator as the topic, I would then list reasons, or arguments for the creator, and try to defend my points based on why I think others defend their positions. Anyone willing to give this a try, or at least just pick a topic? This could be fun and educating. Anyone wanting to give this a try?

If everyone was thinking the same thing, then no one would be thinking at all.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-2011, 02:06 PM
RE: The Other Side
Hm... depends on the topic.

I don't think I could give a coherent and logically sound argument in favor of the existence of a creator, because I don't think such an argument exists.

Abortion, however, is an issue where I could definitely argue either side.

No single step in the search for enlightenment should ever be considered sacred; only the search should.
-Ann Druyan
05-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Bumping for Thomas. I am looking for the other one

If everyone was thinking the same thing, then no one would be thinking at all.
05-15-2012, 06:18 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2012 06:26 PM by Ullikummis.)
(07-31-2011 01:51 PM)EqualAtheist Wrote:  I tried posting a thread like this once before, and it seemed that only the Agnostic and Atheist, with very few Theist participated, so I thought I would try it again. To try to see what we really understand about those that disagree with your beliefs .. Anyone willing to give this a try, or at least just pick a topic? This could be fun and educating. Anyone wanting to give this a try?

Hi I have not been to the forums in quite a long time. I think you are suffering from the indefensible "banning practices" that were going on in the last year and a half. An older gentleman as moderator had left and I dont know what happened. I was so confused I simply went to a Atheist board. And we have a few, Theists Deists and christians. I noticed yesterday someone came on and she did the very thing you wanted. I recall the practice was so inexcusable FOR THE REASONS BEHIND the bans, I pretty much left. You have at least one new moderator and I remember her from before this all took place. However I am not holding much hope until there is some sanity brought back to the board. Not venting but more an observation. If Moderators get too heavy handed everyone ends up suffering in the end.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)