Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Ransom—God’s Greatest Gift
02-14-2010, 08:08 AM
The Ransom—God’s Greatest Gift
Of the many gifts you could ever hope to receive, there is one that stands out above all others.

It is a gift from God to mankind.

Jehovah has given us many things, but his greatest gift to us is the ransom sacrifice of his Son, Jesus Christ. (Matthew 20:28)

the ransom is the most valuable gift you could possibly receive, for it can bring you untold happiness and can fill your most important needs. The ransom is really the greatest expression of Jehovah’s love for you
and me .

WHAT IS THE RANSOM?

Put simply, the ransom is Jehovah’s means to deliver, or save, humankind from sin and death. (Ephesians 1:7)

To grasp the meaning of this Bible teaching, we need to think back to what happened in the garden of Eden.

Only if we understand what Adam lost when he sinned can we appreciate why the ransom is such a valuable gift to us.

WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES
The ransom is Jehovah’s means to deliver humankind from sin and death.—Ephesians 1:7.
Jehovah provided the ransom by sending his only-begotten Son to earth to die for us.—1 John 4:9, 10.
By means of the ransom, we gain the forgiveness of sins, a clean conscience, and the hope of everlasting life.—1 John 1:8, 9.
We show that we appreciate the ransom by getting to know more about Jehovah,psalm 83;18.
by exercising faith in Jesus’ ransom sacrifice, and by attending the Lord’s Evening Meal.—John 3:16.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2010, 09:49 AM
RE: The Ransom—God’s Greatest Gift
Why did your religion write it's own bible.
It is very handy if your own bible corresponds to your own teachings, makes for a great religion.............lol
quote some tracts to me that should be convincing.
02-16-2010, 03:11 AM
(02-14-2010 09:49 AM)minus459 Wrote:  Why did your religion write it's own bible.

does your bible not talk about the RANSOM? i am glad that
JEHOVAHS WITNESSES have not lost their focus about the RANSOM

its all in the bible about the RANSOM

Jesus opened the way for Adam’s offspring(US) to be delivered from the sin and death that we all inherit because of the sin of our forefather Adam.

Despite our sinful condition, we can enjoy priceless blessings because of the ransom.
by means of Jesus’ ransom sacrifice, we can receive “the forgiveness of our sins.” (Colossians 1:13, 14)

And have a clean conscience before God.(Hebrews 9:13, 14) .
(Hebrews 4:14-16)

and the hope of everlasting life on a paradise earth.
The wages sin pays is death,” says Romans 6:23. The same verse adds: “But the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord.

(Revelation 21:3, 4) All those future blessings,spoken of in rev 21;3-4 including life everlasting in perfect health, are made possible because Jesus died for us.

To receive those blessings, we need to show that we appreciate the gift of the ransom.

its all about the RANSOM in the bible
02-16-2010, 03:25 AM
So why did your religion need to write their own?
But thanks for the tracts, I knew you couldn't make an argument without them.

So why did your religion need to write their own?
02-16-2010, 03:31 AM
(02-16-2010 03:25 AM)minus459 Wrote:  But thanks for the tracts,

the bible is what it is all
about, and its very good indeed .

Thanks be to God for his indescribable free gift.
2 corinthians 9;15
02-16-2010, 03:36 AM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2010 03:39 AM by minus459.)
Yours or everybody elses?
Well not mine, I don't have one.
02-16-2010, 03:47 AM
(02-16-2010 03:36 AM)minus459 Wrote:  I don't have one.

it would be most benificial to you to get yourself a bible . its like a letter from God .

and it teaches us well 2 tim 3;16-17
02-16-2010, 04:08 AM
In another thread I've told you about your dishonesty, what is the penalty for habitual lying in the JW's. How can you live with yourself knowing that you are lying everytime you type something on this forum?
02-16-2010, 04:26 AM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2010 04:28 AM by may.)
(02-16-2010 04:08 AM)minus459 Wrote:  How can you live with yourself knowing that you are lying everytime you type something on this forum?

just honest good words are what i write , psalm 83;18

That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah,
You alone are the Most High over all the earth.
psalm 83;18

and it makes JEHOVAHS heart rejoice proverbs 27;11
the ransom

How does the ransom provide deliverance?

Jesus’ sacrifice can deliver us from inherited sin and can liberate us from the fatal effects of sin. (Romans 6:23)

This sacrifice frees true Christians from a guilty conscience. And by exercising faith in the ransom, we can be delivered from fear regarding our standing before God. (1 John 2:1)
02-16-2010, 04:35 AM
Keep a lyin' momma. Jehosophat is the true bulb. As revealed in the edited BOOK of the apostrophe William and Erasmus his camel.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)