Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Real History of the Crusades
09-05-2009, 01:01 AM
Christians in the eleventh century were not paranoid fanatics. Muslims really were gunning for them. While Muslims can be peaceful, Islam was born in war and grew the same way. From the time of Mohammed, the means of Muslim expansion was always the sword.

Muslim thought divides the world into two spheres, the Abode of Islam and the Abode of War. Christianity—and for that matter any other non-Muslim religion—has no abode. Christians and Jews can be tolerated within a Muslim state under Muslim rule. But, in traditional Islam, Christian and Jewish states must be destroyed and their lands conquered
http://www.catholicity.com/commentary/madden/03463.html[/b]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2009, 07:16 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2009 07:20 AM by Raphael.)
RE: The Real History of the Crusades
(09-05-2009 01:01 AM)catholicstation Wrote:  the means of Muslim expansion was always the sword.

you keep suggesting that I know very little of history catholicstation.

Spread by the sword?

So was it the muslims who were responsible for killing 60 million indigenous in the americas...?

oh right...I forgot
the Roman Catholic christians were probably running away from the muslims...trying to create some more lebensraum in the americas.

go west young christian man...avoid the muslim hordes arriving from the east?

The muslims are guilty of spreading Islam by the sword, this is true.
But the catholics are guilty of spreading papal poo by the sword AND the biggest FIB of all time.

Jesus the son of god who walked the earth and across the Atlantic ocean? Wink

namaste

NATURE cannot be HIDDEN only VEILeD with NARRATIVES that defy NATURE

CodeX4 and the Reconciliation of Science and Religion
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/about/
09-05-2009, 07:21 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2009 12:48 PM by catholicstation.)
(09-05-2009 07:16 AM)Raphael Wrote:  
(09-05-2009 01:01 AM)catholicstation Wrote:  the means of Muslim expansion was always the sword.

you keep suggesting that I know very little of history catholicstation.

This is not a suggestion - "IT IS A FACT"

So! Raphael- What do YOU think YOU know?

Wars of the Three Kingdoms
England, Scotland and Ireland.

In memory of the Irish victims of Slavery
In the 12 year period during and following the Confederation revolt, from 1641 to 1652, over 550,000 Irish were killed by the English and 300,000 were sold as slaves, as the Irish population of Ireland fell from 1,466,000 to 616,000. Banished soldiers were not allowed to take their wives and children with them, and naturally, the same for those sold as slaves

Oliver Cromwell and the Penal Laws
Under the Penal Laws, Catholics could not practice their faith, hold office, carry weapons, teach school, purchase or lease land, marry a Protestant, work at any scientific endeavor or own a horse worth more than five pounds

So! Raphael - Do you know your History??

Act of Settlement, 1701

guardian.co.uk, Friday 27 March 2009:
Downing Street discloses talks have taken place to end the ban on heirs to the throne marrying Catholics

So! Raphael - Do you know your History - where did all these Blood Thirsty Catholics come from??

The first federal census of 1790 totaled 3,939,000, the Catholic presence was less than one percent, certainly not a significant force in the original 13 British colonies

-Stop reading that Luther Anti-Catholic Propaganda-

http://www.traditioninaction.org/History...onies.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
For all those anti-catholic nutjobs- Do you know your history?

1. There was no Global TV Catholic Network before 1700 a.d.
2. The Popes knew what the Kings of France, Spain, etc told him
3. The Pope was not ordering Private dipsh*** to murder unbelievers
09-05-2009, 01:20 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2009 01:20 PM by catholicstation.)
Christians in the eleventh century were not paranoid fanatics. Muslims really were gunning for them. While Muslims can be peaceful, Islam was born in war and grew the same way. From the time of Mohammed, the means of Muslim expansion was always the sword.

Muslim thought divides the world into two spheres, the Abode of Islam and the Abode of War. Christianity—and for that matter any other non-Muslim religion—has no abode. Christians and Jews can be tolerated within a Muslim state under Muslim rule. But, in traditional Islam, Christian and Jewish states must be destroyed and their lands conquered
http://www.catholicity.com/commentary/madden/03463.html
09-05-2009, 02:30 PM
I don't know if the history of Islam is any worse than Christianity. Seems to me it is the people who follow religion that sometimes get carried away. I don't believe God, as he is written about in any of the books wants us out killing and slaughtering in his name. Of course I could be wrong.
09-05-2009, 02:36 PM
(09-05-2009 02:30 PM)WhoKnows Wrote:  I don't know if the history of Islam is any worse than Christianity. Seems to me it is the people who follow religion that sometimes get carried away. I don't believe God, as he is written about in any of the books wants us out killing and slaughtering in his name. Of course I could be wrong.

Go live in Saudi Arabia for 1 year - See if You see the difference between Islam and Christianity
09-05-2009, 02:43 PM
(09-05-2009 02:36 PM)catholicstation Wrote:  
(09-05-2009 02:30 PM)WhoKnows Wrote:  I don't know if the history of Islam is any worse than Christianity. Seems to me it is the people who follow religion that sometimes get carried away. I don't believe God, as he is written about in any of the books wants us out killing and slaughtering in his name. Of course I could be wrong.

Go live in Saudi Arabia for 1 year - See if You see the difference between Islam and Christianity

How about Iraq/Kuwait or Indonesia/Malaysia? Do they count? I think it is how the books are interpreted by people. Not the words of the Koran itself. It seems to me the Koran is no more or less domineering than the Bible. Overall I think the Torah is the most forgiving of the 3 Abrahamic religions. Again, I might be wrong.
09-05-2009, 02:49 PM
09-05-2009, 03:09 PM
09-05-2009, 03:16 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2009 03:24 PM by catholicstation.)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)