Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Tower of Babel and the Moon
10-08-2009, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2009 04:07 PM by Raphael.)
The Tower of Babel and the Moon
I love this quote.

Quote:“It is commonly believed that man will fly directly from the earth to the moon, but to do this, we would require a vehicle of such gigantic proportions that it would prove an economic impossibility. It would have to develop sufficient speed to penetrate the atmosphere and overcome the earth’s gravity and, having traveled all the way to the moon, it must still have enough fuel to land safely and make the return trip to earth. Furthermore, in order to give the expedition a margin of safety, we would not use one ship alone, but a minimum of three … each rocket ship would be taller than New York’s Empire State Building [almost ¼ mile high] and weigh about ten times the tonnage of the Queen Mary, or some 800,000 tons.”

-Wernher von Braun, the father of the Apollo space program, writing in Conquest of the Moon

The moral of the story reminds me of a biblical story about a place called Babel.
Instead however of building a ziggurat reaching into the heavens...the intelligence of man suggests a spaceship can help him aspire to ever greater heights.

This a modern day rendition of the fable of The Tower of Babel.
The same idea in this quote is conveyed.

The law of diminishing returns is part of the lesson to be learned in the Tower of Babel.
IMHO

namaste

Raphael

NATURE cannot be HIDDEN only VEILeD with NARRATIVES that defy NATURE

CodeX4 and the Reconciliation of Science and Religion
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/about/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2009, 04:21 PM
RE: The Tower of Babel and the Moon
Raph, in your last few posts are you honestly stating that man has not been to the moon?
10-09-2009, 10:57 AM
(10-08-2009 04:21 PM)Zagreus Wrote:  Raph, in your last few posts are you honestly stating that man has not been to the moon?

Yes.
I question whether we landed 6 times and returned 6 times without a hitch.
As a matter of fact...I question whether man has gone beyond the Van Allen belts.

I am NOT convinced.
Far too many ambiguities.

namaste

NATURE cannot be HIDDEN only VEILeD with NARRATIVES that defy NATURE

CodeX4 and the Reconciliation of Science and Religion
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/about/
06-21-2012, 05:37 PM
I would like it known that through the hubble telescope we can find reflective lenses placed on the moon by astronauts that allow us to reflect signals from satalites for better and faster coverage of satitlite space exploration. the first five of these were planted bu neil armstrong and his crew on the first mission to the mood.
08-10-2012, 10:42 AM
(10-09-2009 10:57 AM)Raphael Wrote:  Yes.
I question whether we landed 6 times and returned 6 times without a hitch.

No, it was not accomplished without a hitch... in fact there were several failures during development before we ever got out of our own atmosphere. Then there was that whole "Apollo 13 failure to complete the landing incident".

Never-the-less, we did land on the moon.
08-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Absol-bloody-lutely ..............but what a necro.

????????????????

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Moon is Hollow with a Titanium Shell Keith Witherup 30 2,645 04-19-2014 05:02 PM
Last Post: Keith Witherup
  Moon & Earth`s Origins rajakrsna 5 847 02-06-2012 03:02 PM
Last Post: Zagreus
  moon has been cleft asunder ?! Truth light 6 2,996 10-22-2010 03:16 PM
Last Post: biomystic

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)