Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The gravity of CREATION V/S EVOLUTION
02-08-2009, 07:37 AM
The gravity of CREATION V/S EVOLUTION
Gravity (the attraction of objects to each other) is perhaps the most common of all everyday appearing phenomena. The results of the force of gravity are very real. Gravity is the force that keeps the water in my water well and is also the force that causes it to come out.
Without gravity nothing in/on or around our earth would be possible or even the universe for that matter. Gravity is the force that keeps the earth and other planets of our solar system the same distance from our sun.
The question to me and should be to all with inquisitive minds is:
Was gravity created or did it evolve?
The only logical answer is that gravity like everything else in existance was created; there is nor was anything from which gravity could have evolved.
And what about magnetism; yet another unseen force. What about the phenomenon of the electric charge caused by movement of a conductor thru a magnetic field. What could this all have evolved from.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2009, 11:18 AM
RE: The gravity of CREATION V/S EVOLUTION
Listen to this episode of Astronomy Cast. This should help you out.
http://www.astronomycast.com/physics/ep-102-gravity/
click on Ep. 102: Gravity
02-08-2009, 09:43 PM
Evolution has never been used as an explanation by anyone (that I've ever seen) in reference to physical laws. I've only ever seen that asserted by those who seek to "disprove" evolution.

Evolution is a biological phenomenon. Gravity is not biological, so of course it can't have evolved.

If you should see evident sins or defects, draw out of those thorns the rose; perceiving, moreover, that such apparent sinners may frequently have a good intention, for no one can judge the secrets of the heart of man.
02-08-2009, 11:34 PM
No offense, but the idea of physical laws evolving seems a bit silly.

---------------
Not selling anything.
02-17-2009, 02:22 PM
(02-08-2009 11:34 PM)MerryAtheist Wrote:  No offense, but the idea of physical laws evolving seems a bit silly.

Absolutely correcto; so how did gravity come to exist and which came first the chicken or the egg or matter or gravity; I know, I know; gravity is just simply a natural thing.
I wonder if there is any earthly pull to the object recently discovered that is some 12,000,000 light years away.
02-17-2009, 04:02 PM
Gravity is a natural property of physics. It is inherent to all matter in this universe. Asking how it "evolved" is like asking how the color blue "evolved". Blue is merely the word we use to describe how our eyes perceive certain wavelengths of light. Gravity is not an object in an of itself, it is a description we use to describe the way that any two particles attract each other.
02-18-2009, 03:03 AM
(02-17-2009 04:02 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  Gravity is a natural property of physics. It is inherent to all matter in this universe. Asking how it "evolved" is like asking how the color blue "evolved". Blue is merely the word we use to describe how our eyes perceive certain wavelengths of light. Gravity is not an object in an of itself, it is a description we use to describe the way that any two particles attract each other.
Ummm...So what you're saying then is that it is because it is because it is, because it must be for the universe to be the way it is?

Pardon me for saying so GTseng3 but that sounds awfully familiar. I mean that's exactly the arguement Theist's use to justify the existence of God. Admittedly we can observe gravity in action at least by implication in effect but notwithstanding we are talking about the invisible having an effect upon the visible, the immaterial having an effect upon the material. Perhaps then we are observing a part of God which is visible by inference? Just food for thought. And yes I know what the law of gravitation says to explain how the phenomena works but that still leaves us with the rather unsatisfying explanation of why it is rather than how it works.

"Love is not a feeling, it's an act of your will." Don Francisco.
02-18-2009, 02:21 PM
Except that according to you, God exists as an entity. Gravity does not. Again, gravity is just a word we use to explain how matter interacts with each other, just like blue is just a word we use to describe light at a certain wavelength. It is perfectly legitimate to ask how the matter got there (and we Atheists do all the time), or how the light got there. It is even legitimate to ask why it behaves in that way. But asking how gravity got there or how the color blue got there is just silly, because those aren't actually objects. They're just properties of the matter and the light.

God, on the other hand, is presumably an entity, at least in the Judeo-Christian-Islamic sense. Because he is an entity, he must also be explained, just like matter and light. That's the difference.
02-21-2009, 08:58 AM
Hmmm...yes I see what you're saying, I just wonder what frame of reference we could possibly use that could encompass the infinite as a concept, given that the finite is all we have and are adiquately able to deal with by reason of our finite natures and the universe in which we live.

"Love is not a feeling, it's an act of your will." Don Francisco.
02-21-2009, 05:47 PM
Generally we have to use simplification and metaphor, like using the relationship between the second dimension and the third dimension to explain the relationships between higher dimensions.

Or we can use math. Math is good at expressing concepts like that, though it makes it bad for non-mathematicians like me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What is your belief on creation and evolution? SpiritualGal02 173 9,987 01-14-2014 08:57 AM
Last Post: HiEv
  Our existence - evolution or creation prdamico 6 1,251 04-25-2010 03:47 AM
Last Post: prdamico
  phi = Golden Ratio (Phase Conjugate/Fractality) CAUSES Gravity!! Raphael 1 2,907 10-05-2009 07:25 AM
Last Post: Raphael
  Warning: Gravity is “Only a Theory” God Rocks 7 1,706 02-12-2009 08:52 PM
Last Post: B MAN

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)