Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The prophecy and the Mashiach?
07-17-2012, 12:02 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2012 01:33 AM by Yoana.)
The prophecy and the Mashiach?
Jews believe the Mashiach didn't come yet. "Christians" believe that Yeshua was the Mashiach. However, Jews don't because he didn't fulfil the prophecies for several reasons like the third temple must be built, world peace etc.

Jews also believe that to be the Mashiach he must fulfil all prophecies then and there in one go. However, didn't the prophecies in the Tanakh happen gradually? It didn't happen in a flash or over night, it was gradual. Example, the prophecy of Israel. The scattering of the Jewish people, the coming to one nation, the making of the state of Israel, etc. That prophecy happened gradually not in an instant, couldn't that apply to the Mashiach? The prophecies in the bible is still being fulfilled still today. What if the Mashiach already came, and we missed him? or what if we decline and deny the Mashiach in this new coming age, just like what happened previously?

What are your thoughts?
Shalom Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2012, 09:08 PM
RE: The prophecy and the Mashiach?
the biblical messianic prophecies are written to take place at the coming of the messiah, not eventually afterwards. Since they didn't happen, the messiah didn't come. There are, of course, other issues which exclude Jesus from the position of messiah, but that's neither here nor there for the sake of this thread. Simple fact is, the messianic prophecies were left unfulfilled even though they were said to be sine qua nons to the title of messiah.
03-03-2013, 04:05 PM
When the Messiah comes, the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea. He and Elijah will work signs, wonders and miracles. Christians will call this person the Antichrist and Elijah the false prophet and they will kill them. The Messiah will bring world peace, and the law of God to the earth. From Jer. 49 and Is. 19, I think his coming is imminent. The absolute final proof will be the resurrection on the Mount of Olives with the entire host of heaven. In that day shall there be one Lord and his name one.
04-01-2017, 02:04 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2017 02:04 PM by rako17.)
(07-17-2012 12:02 AM)Yoana Wrote:  didn't the prophecies in the Tanakh happen gradually? It didn't happen in a flash or over night, it was gradual. Example, the prophecy of Israel. The scattering of the Jewish people, the coming to one nation, the making of the state of Israel, etc. That prophecy happened gradually not in an instant, couldn't that apply to the Mashiach? The prophecies in the bible is still being fulfilled still today.

What are your thoughts?

Yoana,

I realize that this is an old post, but you got into an issue that is important for me, namely, the reliability of the prophecies of Mashiach and other events. It's important for me, because the prophecies are very appealing.

You are saying that the prophecies are happening, and you mention the scattering of the people and then the making of the S.O.I.
And so one question about this is whether this is really a miracle prophecy. Is it really so surprising that a small, however honorable and wise, kingdom between the empires of Egypt, Assyria, and Babylon got conquered and dispersed and at a later point another state arose with some historical connection to it?

I asked about this on my thread here in case you are interested: (Three Reasons for the Reliability of the Tanakh's Predictions. Are there others? , http://www.religionforums.org/Thread-Thr...re-others)
04-01-2017, 02:13 PM
Yoana,

I realize that you left the forum 5 years ago, and I will never get a reply from you, but still I'd like to invite you to my thread!

(OMG - not again - this is trolling, plain and simple)

Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it
04-01-2017, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2017 04:05 PM by rako17.)
(04-01-2017 02:13 PM)Herminator Wrote:  Yoana,

I realize that you left the forum 5 years ago, and I will never get a reply from you, but still I'd like to invite you to my thread!

I think the issue in the OP is worthwhile, and is OK to reply to even if it's old.
Sue and Susan B. came to my thread and made a positive contribution after I invited them, so it seems like this approach can find people who are interested in the directly related topic. It doesn't look like trolling harassment to me.

I am not interested in bothering you either. If there is a thread that you especially want to talk with me about, let me know and I will share my ideas.
04-01-2017, 05:21 PM
(04-01-2017 04:04 PM)rako17 Wrote:  
(04-01-2017 02:13 PM)Herminator Wrote:  Yoana,

I think the issue in the OP is worthwhile, and is OK to reply to even if it's old.

You're not replying, you're talking to people you know left the forum 6 years ago and asking them to join your thread. You do the same with people that you know were banned years ago.

Just because you feel there's not enough people coming to your thread is no reason to necropost thread after thread...

Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it
04-02-2017, 11:34 AM
(04-01-2017 05:21 PM)Herminator Wrote:  You're not replying, you're talking to people you know left the forum 6 years ago and asking them to join your thread.

Just because you feel there's not enough people coming to your thread is no reason to necropost thread after thread...

Herminator,
The thing is, I do want people to come to my thread, and replying to other people's threads on the topic has been a successful way to engage in people here.
For example, Susan and Sue were interested and wrote about Daniel 9. Several years later, I showed up and replied to what they said, and also pointed to them to the new thread I made. They found it worthwhile enough to come to my thread and post there on the topic of mutual interest.

If the forum has been seeing less activity lately, then a good way to enliven it is to engage in topics that old forum users and new ones (like me) are interested in. I have seen people on other forums come back to threads they had started years before, with the same amount of interest that they had then. It is a good thing overall.

If I was just randomly necroing 10 year old threads with the goal to disrupt the forum, that would be entirely different.
04-03-2017, 10:39 AM
(07-17-2012 12:02 AM)Yoana Wrote:  Jews believe the Mashiach didn't come yet. "Christians" believe that Yeshua was the Mashiach. However, Jews don't because he didn't fulfil the prophecies for several reasons like the third temple must be built, world peace etc.

Jews also believe that to be the Mashiach he must fulfil all prophecies then and there in one go. However, didn't the prophecies in the Tanakh happen gradually? It didn't happen in a flash or over night, it was gradual. Example, the prophecy of Israel. The scattering of the Jewish people, the coming to one nation, the making of the state of Israel, etc. That prophecy happened gradually not in an instant, couldn't that apply to the Mashiach? The prophecies in the bible is still being fulfilled still today. What if the Mashiach already came, and we missed him? or what if we decline and deny the Mashiach in this new coming age, just like what happened previously?

What are your thoughts?
Shalom Smile

When Jesus was on Earth, the Second Temple was still there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Prophecy ended with the destuction of the second temple Yefet 9 1,552 04-01-2017 02:40 PM
Last Post: rako17

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)