Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The truth about Catholic reformation
01-31-2010, 06:55 PM
The truth about Catholic reformation
The discussion on the Catholic forum of Pope Benedict as opposed to John Paul II put me in mind of this lovely number from the mind of Tom Lehrer. It's been redone a number of times (including in that really horrible musical, Nunsense,) but this is the original composer.

Tom Lehrer

In the recorded (not video) version, he mentions that they should use his song "if they really want to sell a product," a beautifully cynical take on JP II's reforms.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2010, 08:07 PM
RE: The truth about Catholic reformation
(01-31-2010 06:55 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  The discussion on the Catholic forum of Pope Benedict as opposed to John Paul II put me in mind of this lovely number from the mind of Tom Lehrer. It's been redone a number of times (including in that really horrible musical, Nunsense,) but this is the original composer.

Tom Lehrer

In the recorded (not video) version, he mentions that they should use his song "if they really want to sell a product," a beautifully cynical take on JP II's reforms.

Oh, the Vatican Rag. I love Tom Lehrer.

Damn you, now I have to pull out the Masochism Tango and The Hunting Song...and my whole collection.

Pawol anpil pa leve le mo
Lavi m nan men Bondye o sen
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)