Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
These are all the things I think about
12-04-2008, 09:56 PM
These are all the things I think about
There are many different religions out there which one is the right one?...

Christian?...

Jewish?...

Muslim?...

Buddhist?...

Hindu?...

Islam?...

Catholic?...

Lutheran?...

Methodist?...

Which is the right one?...

They all have some of the same guide lines but also many different ones....

Is the right one the most popular?.... Christianity with over 2.1 billion people in the world?...

or the least popular?... Scientology with only about 500k in the USA...

Or should it be by the strictness?.... like catholics?....

Or the funnest?... Paganism where there is no rules just free for all?...

Or the oldest?... Judaism or Christianity?....

What are the guide lines for the right religion?....

Is it the one your parents introduce to you?...

Or is it the one your best friend try's to get you to go to?...

Is it the one with the biggest book or the one that has little pictures in it?....

There are so many out there how can you choose one?... or just one?...

Are you allowed to believe more than one?...

Is there a rule against haveing more than one?...

Do they conflict against each other?...

Does one make the other stonger?...

If you try two different ones and decide to keep both then does that give you a better chance with one of them?...

If you practice all the different religions does that make you a holy man?(or woman?)

Then are you safe no matter what?...

Or does it screw you over with all of them?....

Are there ones that are the same to a certain extent?...

Have the same princibles but just different names?...

If there are two different religions that have all different names but they have the same pricibles and teach the same thing just with different names and times and places are they the same?...

Or is it all just a hoax?...

Are there religions that forgive if you weren't in that religion before you died?...

Do they give you a second chance to to accept it?...

Or do they us say you were misguided in you life so screw you?...

What if the most popular religion in the world turns out to be wrong does that mean that Billions of people are now just screwed?...

What if they are all the same just preached differently in different parts of the world so they all seam different?...

Then is everyone saved then?...

Does everyone go to the after life or heaven or where ever they go after they die?....

what if it all turns out to be wrong do you just die and its over with?...

nothing happens to you your just gone?...

or do you turn into an animal or a plant?...

are you now a tree?...

Or a tiger?....

Or do you get reborn and have another life?...

Tell me what you think
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2008, 01:26 PM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2012 06:08 AM by Zagreus.)
RE: These are all the things I think about
Deleted
12-07-2008, 01:34 PM
here's the thing. no one on this planet has the slightest clue to the answer to any of those questions. just live your life (eh eeh eeehh) and be a good person.
01-16-2017, 10:48 PM
God is found in the heart alone. Its called Truth. It is a living essence of knowledge not a being. It is a living essence of peace and joy. The heart takes too it when the heart is just. Man made religions are fabricated lies to control people. God judges on the heart alone never the mind and its knowings. In essence because of just conscience we can know the way back to life. The whole of existence is separate from God because of blindness. Truth is the force of concepts that are life itself.
01-16-2017, 11:01 PM
Sounds like you should do some religious studies.

all the religions are wrong, all are caused by mankinds superstitious nature coupled with our propensity to spot patterns and see faces in clouds, tree bark, the dirt etc, on our tendency to attribute agency to events etc.

Just like we have MANY sects of Christianity, in the past their were many sects of the older religions, these drifted over time and split into entirely new religions, all the Abraham religions did exactly this.
blah blah. on and on.

~~

when we enter a discussion on matters of discordance, we should search for truth not victory, In this manner we always win, there are no losers.
01-16-2017, 11:03 PM
(12-04-2008 09:56 PM)Chris9999100 Wrote:  ...or the least popular?...

It is the least popular of course. It has one adherent. Good luck finding her.
01-16-2017, 11:47 PM
@Chris9999100

People could drive themselves nucking futs trying to figure that out.
Or perhaps you've already turned that corner?

There are at least 33,000 denominations of Christians ALL reading the same book.
Go figger.
01-17-2017, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2017 05:56 PM by Caesar Saladin.)
(MEA CULPA- DOH! replying to a thread from 2008! LOL)

How about eliminating all the heartache and headache and not even being concerned about 'religion'? If you want to believe in a 'higher power' then by all means do so, but don't for one minute think you're bound by some cosmic law to obey any specific religion.

If you insist on wading into the deep end of the religion pool, though, consider this: if God™ wanted Man to follow one specific religion, don't you think he/she/it would have provided us with a little more guidance on the matter?

When someone asks "What would Jesus do?" remind them that flipping tables and chasing people with a whip is entirely possible.
01-17-2017, 06:00 PM
(01-17-2017 05:55 PM)Caesar Saladin Wrote:  (MEA CULPA- DOH! replying to a thread from 2008! LOL)

How about eliminating all the heartache and headache and not even being concerned about 'religion'? If you want to believe in a 'higher power' then by all means do so, but don't for one minute think you're bound by some cosmic law to obey any specific religion.

If you insist on wading into the deep end of the religion pool, though, consider this: if God™ wanted Man to follow one specific religion, don't you think he/she/it would have provided us with a little more guidance on the matter?

Great post that requires an open mind and clear thinking.
I've read that there are at least 33,000 denominations of Christians.
Pick one.
Which one, if any, is the one and true right one?
I dunno.
Islam is second only to Christianity in adherents.
Is Islam 'wrong'?
How can I say?
01-17-2017, 06:16 PM
(01-17-2017 06:00 PM)jeager Wrote:  
(01-17-2017 05:55 PM)Caesar Saladin Wrote:  (MEA CULPA- DOH! replying to a thread from 2008! LOL)

Great post that requires an open mind and clear thinking.
I've read that there are at least 33,000 denominations of Christians.
Pick one.
Which one, if any, is the one and true right one?
I dunno.
Islam is second only to Christianity in adherents.
Is Islam 'wrong'?
How can I say?

That's the point- you can't say one religion is more 'authentic' than another, much less which one is 'right' or 'wrong'. The number of adherents has absolutely no bearing on a religion's authenticity- it's only a measure of its popularity. The 'Free Ice Cream and Pony Rides' religion may boast 171 billion adherents, but that makes it neither 'authentic' nor 'correct'!

If you insist on following a specific religion, though, you have to ask yourself a few questions about it: does it make enough sense to you so that you can explain it to someone else plainly without resorting the 'you just gotta believe' argument, and are any rules it obliges you to abide by reasonable and 'doable'? If the answer to either of those questions is 'no' then you either compromise or keep looking- but don't 'settle' for a religion just because you think you have to follow one. You don't.

When someone asks "What would Jesus do?" remind them that flipping tables and chasing people with a whip is entirely possible.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)